Open Club  ·  134 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

I've been fretting over what to put over my desk since I redid my bedroom, and this is what I decided on. This isn't my photo... it's off the internet. What I have is unframed and printed on hardboard... I showed there, at the Royal Winter Fair, and my big mare was in the Governor General's and Lieutenant Governor's Cups. I can't find a better picture, but this one is clear enough, I guess... it's much more vibrant in person, and the detail is superb, and the yellowish brick background is perfectly shaded... anyway...

Image result for royal winter fair poster 1996

Edited by Headstall
  • Love 5
  • Site Administrator
5 minutes ago, Headstall said:

I've been fretting over what to put over my desk since I redid my bedroom, and this is what I decided on. This isn't my photo... it's off the internet. What I have is unframed and printed on hardboard... I showed there, at the Royal Winter Fair, and my big mare was in the Governor General's and Lieutenant Governor's Cups. I can't find a better picture, but this one is clear enough, I guess...

Image result for royal winter fair poster 1996

Nice!  One of my goals is to get to Toronto for the Royal one of these years. :) 

• Love 4

Taco Macaroni and Cheese

1 pound macaroni or shell pasta
1 pound ground beef or pork
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 serving of taco seasoning (or 1 packet of store-bought seasoning mix)
1 cup salsa
1 8-ounce package cream cheese, cut into chunks
2 cups milk
1/2 cup sour cream
2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend

1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.

2. Meanwhile, brown ground beef and sweat the onion together in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When the beef is completely cooked through, drain off excess fat, return to skillet, and add garlic. Cook and stir 30 seconds. Add taco seasoning and salsa and stir to combine; reduce heat to low.

3. In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, add cream cheese, milk, and sour cream and stir to combine. Cook until cream cheese is melted and mixture is thick and bubbling. Stir in shredded cheese.

4. Add cheese sauce and ground beef mixture to pasta and stir to combine. Top each serving with salsa and sour cream, if desired.

• Like 2

1 tablespoon chili powder

1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

1/4 teaspoon onion powder

1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes

1/4 teaspoon dried oregano

1/2 teaspoon paprika

1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin

1 teaspoon sea salt

1 teaspoon black pepper

Just blend those in a small bowl, and you have taco seasoning. Some people will even smash a couple of beef boullion cubes and add that in.  

Please be warned: this taco seasoning blend is on the hotter side.

Edited by Page Scrawler
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, Headstall said:

Yes, I did, and It was great. It stands up well in comparison to the books, but I don't really compare books to their movies like my kids do. I just enjoy what I'm watching, and don't fret if a scene isn't included. Diana Gabaldon has a lot of say in this series, and that is a good thing. :)  Are you a fan? 

I adore the books, have been reading since 1992.  

I've never seen the show.  Dont have cable 

• Like 3
  • Wow 1
4 minutes ago, Randy Wade said:

used half a dozen cheeses with blast of sour cream  and  Garlic dip mix lol

I blended those spices I mentioned up above, and tasted a little bit on the tip of my finger. Whoever posted that recipe must have liked their tacos muy Caliente:puke:

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Randy Wade said:

so Page I am ready to tell that Christmas story you said in less than five chapters no telling anyone if you approve of me writing it. will ask to give it priority

Sure, I'd love it if you wrote the story.  :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..