Story Updates

So I get what it is with the site. I'm probably not the brightest crayon in the box. Everything I want to see is under the STORIES tab: long list of updates and the stories featured with their summaries (if the authors don't make full use of summary, that's up to them). 

The only change I would make is the menu order. It seems logical to read: HOME / STORIES / FORUM  coming to the site you probably click HOME which has nothing on it except a big advert. Yes it has other stuff, but I never bothered to read it, the presentation is unattractive (sorry, but that's how I see it). So I immediately clicked the next tab in the menu, FORUMS and that's saved on my tablet and that's where I go. If it was STORIES as the next tab I think it would point people to the right place.

I know, I should read the ******* menu titles, but like a million other people I'm simply lazy and click tab number two on the right of HOME.

• Like 2
  • Site Administrator
11 minutes ago, Headstall said:

I apologize if it made you feel bad, or that your efforts aren't appreciated. That is just not the case.

I did not read your commentary that way, so please rest easy.

• Like 4

I stayed out of this topic for the most part, as I like a nice clean forum, and the smaller Story Update side bar was perfect for the new setup. If an Author wants more readers, and viewers, then self-promote.

1. Make a discussion post in the Story Discussion Forum, or if you're a Purple or Crimson badge the Promoted Author Discussion Forum or your Fan Club if you have one.

2. GA has an internal blog that everyone can have one. Post about your stories there.

3. Status Updates.

4. Cross publish to other sites, and link back to GA.

There's also, posting quality work. All Authors, regardless of badge color, should be doing that. Ultimately, it's up to us to Post/Publish quality work, and let people know it's there. We shouldn't rely just on the side bar, and the latest story to post to be at the top of the list on the Stories Page.

@Myr, @Cia and the GA Staff, thank you for what you do here, and keeping this place running smooth.

• Like 3
  • Love 2