YouTube Plagiarism 12-10-2022

My thoughts this morning

1- Not sure why he chose the story he stole from me; it has no sex and it's definitely not a love story. It was my reaction to five Dallas cops getting gunned down.

2. YouTube replied to my complaint letting me know they couldn't do anything since the content I reported had been taken down by the up loader. Aside from the official complaint, I replied to everyone who commented on his post letting them know I was the author and the story was stolen.

3. I did not email him directly and suggest nobody else should. Engaging with a thief is like engaging with terrorists.

4. Considering this was brought to our attention by a reader, I think everyone should be made aware of the theft and encouraged to report anything they might encounter that could also be plagiarism.

Edited by Carlos Hazday
  • Like 5
  • Site Administrator
1 hour ago, Carlos Hazday said:

1- Not sure why he chose the story he stole from me; it has no sex and it's definitely not a love story. It was my reaction to five Dallas cops getting gunned down.

I believe he doesn't really give a flip about the content.  He wants views, ad revenue, and donations to his 'charity'.  I imagine he's picking stories at random.  

2. YouTube replied to my complaint letting me know they couldn't do anything since the content I reported had been taken down by the up loader. Aside from the official complaint, I replied to everyone who commented on his post letting them know I was the author and the story was stolen.

I got the same message from YouTube.  

3. I did not email him directly and suggest nobody else should. Engaging with a thief is like engaging with terrorists.

I did not either.  I agree with you. I don't see any point in engaging with this person anymore, especially considering that they complied with our requests.  

4. Considering this was brought to our attention by a reader, I think everyone should be made aware of the theft and encouraged to report anything they might encounter that could also be plagiarism.

It's wonderful that we have such diligent readers out there who are conscientious enough to report when they see something wrong.  I think we need to be extra diligent going forward. 

• Like 3
  • Site Administrator

Has anyone checked out his Instagram account?  I don't have an account on Instagram, so can't view the content.  He has several videos posted there.   There was also a link to Reddit, but I have absolutely no idea how Reddit works.  If there are GA videos posted on those platforms, we need to get those taken down as well. 

• Like 5
  • Site Moderator
6 minutes ago, Valkyrie said:

Has anyone checked out his Instagram account?  I don't have an account on Instagram, so can't view the content.  He has several videos posted there.   There was also a link to Reddit, but I have absolutely no idea how Reddit works.  If there are GA videos posted on those platforms, we need to get those taken down as well. 

I don’t believe you need an account to view the content on either in your browser.

Use desktop mode for tablets or phones to avoid the app prompts.

Edited by drpaladin
  • Like 3
  • Site Administrator
3 minutes ago, drpaladin said:

I don’t believe you need an account to view the content on either in your browser.

You can view limited content on Instagram without an account.  When I checked it out I got a message that I needed to log in when I tried to scroll down the screen.  

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator
2 minutes ago, Valkyrie said:

You can view limited content on Instagram without an account.  When I checked it out I got a message that I needed to log in when I tried to scroll down the screen.  

Got links?

• Like 2
  • Site Administrator
4 minutes ago, drpaladin said:

Got links?

This was on his "about me" page on YouTube before he edited it.  

Follow Us on Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/united4reason/ Email Us Your Story - unitedforreason@gmail.com Like & Share this video #redditgay#gay#UnitedForReason

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator
7 minutes ago, Valkyrie said:

This was on his "about me" page on YouTube before he edited it.  

Follow Us on Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/united4reason/ Email Us Your Story - unitedforreason@gmail.com Like & Share this video #redditgay#gay#UnitedForReason

The Reddit isn't a link.

The Instagram posts aren't stories, just info posts.

• Like 3
39 minutes ago, Valkyrie said:

I did and commented on a few of his posts. I said his content was stolen from authors at GA. I'll check later to see if those comments are still up. He could block me, not see my comments, but others will.

• Like 4
  • Site Administrator
Just now, Carlos Hazday said:

@Valkyrie

He's removed the link to his Instagram account. A platform search yielded an account under unitedforreason without posts or followers.

Yeah he removed the link as soon as he knew we were on to him.  Mancunian had already posted the information in the original PM.  He uses the number 4, not the word 'for' in his IG account.  As Kbois said, there's only 11 followers lol 

https://www.instagram.com/united4reason/

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Site Administrator
5 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

Page wasn't found. :)

This feels like planning for a military operation.

Let's ruin the fucker's life.

Yes, I'm vindictive. Be careful not to piss me off, okay? LOL

The page is still there.  I bet he blocked you :rofl:  And I already knew not to piss you off :P  

• Haha 5
2 hours ago, Valkyrie said:

There was also a link to Reddit, but I have absolutely no idea how Reddit works. 

I can only see hashtags for Reddit which lead nowhere via a general search. Presumably on the site, they work somewhat like Twitter #. As far as I can tell, Reddit operates as a (huge) series of interlinked yet separate silos ie you join those iterations which interest you. Chances of finding our villain on there are pretty much nil, I would think, unless we find a direct link to his account or other findable data.

• Like 4
  • Site Administrator
4 minutes ago, northie said:

*Backs away* Not that you're telling us anything new... 🤨😄

Backing Up Full Body GIF by Justin

I know, right?  How long have we known him now?  :rofl: 

• Haha 5