YouTube Plagiarism 12-10-2022

2 minutes ago, astone2292 said:

A reader came to kbois first via PM. 

Side note, just got an email from Dean (channel owner), apologizing for his actions. He even kindly asked me to remove the copyright strike...

Nah, not gonna. I'm evil. 

I've left my complaints/reports to take their course too, so that's two of us that are evil lol.

In his last message to me he has promised that if any of my friends contact him he will remove their contact immediately. I don't know how genuine he will be but maybe if authors mention my name and emails it might help, or maybe it won't, but it cannot hurt to try. If anyone wants to try that, just say that you are Craig's friend, it can't hurt to try.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Seem's he's removed the one I complained about and reported. Can't find it and when I look at the link in the original PM thread, it says it's been removed.

He might be running scared what with the number of comments left on the videos, the reports, and the messages.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

Seem's he's removed the one I complained about and reported. Can't find it and when I look at the link in the original PM thread, it says it's been removed.

He might be running scared what with the number of comments left on the videos, the reports, and the messages.

His content has reduced considerably, I think you are right, he just might be scared. no doubt all of the complaints/reports and emails are working.

Edited by Mancunian
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, Mancunian said:

This is the reply I have just received after my content was removed. So, go for it guys.

Dean Cooper

12:31 AM (3 minutes ago)

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to me
cleardot.gif

Hi Craig,

The Content Has Been Removed, I again would Like to Apologise for letting this Happen. Will Ensure We Avoid this and Please feel free to Reach Out for any other Videos You May Find Will be Taken Down Immediately.

Authors Can Use - Unitedforreason@gmail.com  
for Their Content to be taken Down

Thanks & Regards
Dean Cooper

I have never wished more fervently for an eye roll reaction than after seeing this. 

• Haha 4
1 hour ago, astone2292 said:

I'll keep an eye on the channel for when they post a new video and check it... 

You're a pit bull on a piece of raw meat. Lol.

• Haha 5
2 minutes ago, kbois said:

I have never wished more fervently for an eye roll reaction than after seeing this. 

He keeps emailing me, this is his latest

Dean Cooper

2:08 AM (5 minutes ago)

to me

First Of All I'm Really Sorry Again for Letting This Happen,

I'm Feeling Betrayed by my Team and I feel So bad for the Work they stole ... I never Intended this to happen to my Channel and get suspended

I don't know how to feel about this Im Angry,Saddened and Emotional - But Im Really Sorry to You and the Authors Whose Work Was Taken

I Feel Like I Owe This To You and The Authors Involved - I can Promote Your Website On the Channel Not Stories And Give Credit for the Authors which is Long Due. anyway that I can Compensate.

I'm Sorry Again!

Dean

any suggestions for a reply?

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
52 minutes ago, astone2292 said:

A reader came to kbois first via PM. 

Side note, just got an email from Dean (channel owner), apologizing for his actions. He even kindly asked me to remove the copyright strike...

Nah, not gonna. I'm evil. 

We all have @MJC to thank for bringing ot to my attention. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Mancunian said:

He keeps emailing me, this is his latest

Dean Cooper

2:08 AM (5 minutes ago)

to me

First Of All I'm Really Sorry Again for Letting This Happen,

I'm Feeling Betrayed by my Team and I feel So bad for the Work they stole ... I never Intended this to happen to my Channel and get suspended

I don't know how to feel about this Im Angry,Saddened and Emotional - But Im Really Sorry to You and the Authors Whose Work Was Taken

I Feel Like I Owe This To You and The Authors Involved - I can Promote Your Website On the Channel Not Stories And Give Credit for the Authors which is Long Due. anyway that I can Compensate.

I'm Sorry Again!

Dean

any suggestions for a reply?

Ignore him. 

He doesn't deserve a response.

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, Mancunian said:

I can Promote Your Website On the Channel Not Stories And Give Credit for the Authors which is Long Due. anyway that I can Compensate.

Nope. Not good 'nuff. He still didn't get our permission to post it, and even if he asked, I'd say no. I'll be a peasant if a robotic voice quoted "The better to fuck you with, my dear," from The Wolf and Papa Bear.

• Haha 4
2 minutes ago, Headstall said:

He hasn't taken mine down yet, nor @LitLover 's, so I have emailed him. We shall see if he really is contrite.

That was fast...

AATWAft4QoH_5OWHa1mHPPTN478a8tvqtwICheWuDm0G4rhgnkeEfmzsLm3XIZFVwR0_=s40-p

Dean Cooper

9:22 PM (2 minutes ago)

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to me
cleardot.gif

Hi Gary,

I'm On It Will Be Taken Down Immediately. We are Again Apologizing for Everything.
  • Like 3
1 minute ago, Mancunian said:

I'm replying to him now and will point this out, please send me the YouTube links

Thanks, buddy, but it appears my email has worked already. Unfortunately I still have to go through his videos to see if there are more. Fingers crossed....

• Like 2
  • Fingers Crossed 1
7 hours ago, Cia said:

Thank you to site authors for the alert on the plagiarism occurring on this YouTuber's playlist (below). I'm not adding any author names, but there have been authors helping find MANY other authors.  :( They can choose to add their story info or join the conversation here or not.

The plagiarist is using a text-to-speech reader and CC writer to post the stories with a voice recording YouTube as chapter updates. I'm so sorry that happened to so many GA authors! Yes, anyone could have taken this because all it takes is being able to view the content, which guests can do. They don't have to be a GA member or logged in. I've been plagiarized on a few different sites over the years and had to issue many DMCA notices for myself and others. It's a pain, and feels like crap, but it's not too complicated a process. 

Plagiarist account profile: https://www.youtube.com/@UnitedForReasonmembers 

Authors who have discovered their content can do two things. 1) Issue the DMCA notices on for their stolen content being posted as videos and 2) report the above profile via the "flag" for scam and then state it's for plagiarism/attempted monetization. 

Filling out YouTube's DMCA. Use the blue button partway down the page for video content:  https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2807622?hl=en

I had 'Dean' remove a Charlie Boone story from his site on Friday. I filed a take-down with YouTube, but also wrote to the channel at:

unitedforreason@gmail.com

'Dean' responded under the name 'Tasmin Bi'. The story was removed before YouTube had a chance to act. No apology, just a notice it had been removed.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

This guy is persistent if nothing else, this is an email received before I could reply;-

Hi Craig, I will Be Removing All Stories From My Channel that were sent to me.

I Feel Like they have stolen Much of the Content from the Emails I'm getting  Hoping to Do Better.

Thankyou 

Dean

This is my response to him;-

I understand that you are apologising for what has happened but you have to understand that my friends and I are extremely angry at this time and are not in a forgiving mood. Some of my friends tell me that their content is still appearing as your original posts which is causing a lot of mistrust. It appears that this will be an ongoing issue for a while.

Maybe you should be a lot more careful as to where you obtain your content from. If you want genuine stories try writing some yourself, we all have that 'inner author' within us.

I cannot authorise you to promote the website as i am not an owner of the site, like my friends I am a member. If you want to you can contact the site owners by going to the website and clicking on the correct links, but I cannot influence their decision and as a matter of principle I wouldn't attempt to. 

I think you should accept this as a valuable lesson to be learned and conduct your business in a more professional manner in the future. We will continue to monitor YouTube and other websites for any further copyright infringements and will take any appropriate action necessary should the need occur. 

If any more of my friends contact me with links to content that you need to remove I will make contact to inform you.

Craig

I have also received replies from YouTube stating that they cannot do anything as the content is now removed. I have informed them that the user has admitted by email that he has breeched copyright and offered to send them copies of the emails.

• Like 3
Just now, Geron Kees said:

My feeling is the only thing he is sorry about is getting caught!

I couldn't agree with you more, at least now he is named and shamed and hopefully will no longer be problem.

but let this be a lesson to us all, we must report any copyright infringement of any original story on GA, no matter if it is one of our own or one of our friends and fellow authors.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, astone2292 said:

I'm going down the complete line of the channel's videos with newest first. For those tuning in, please see the first post in this thread AND follow through with the DMCA form in Cia's post. The more DMCA submissions, the faster this plagiarist gets taken down!

@Timothy M. The Secret Santa Game

https://youtu.be/M_A4jCniVz0

Ah, now that makes more sense, I wondered why he'd copied the sequel (Christmas Stars and Stripes, spotted by Cia) and not the initial story.

• Like 3