Jump to content
    AquariusGuy
  • Author
  • 1,051 Words
  • 6,893 Views
  • 16 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction that combine worlds created by the original content owner with names, places, characters, events, and incidents that are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously, and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, organizations, companies, events or locales are entirely coincidental.
Authors are responsible for properly crediting Original Content creator for their creative works.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Stories in this Fandom are works of fiction. Any names or characters, businesses or places, events or incidents, are fictitious. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental. <br>

TJ's journey to love - 1. Chapter 1

“I know you’re going to kill it Mini… just do your best like you always do”

“But dad… you promised to go with me… I need you there.” TJ said with tears running down his face

“I have faith mini… you’ll kill it. I am with you always”

I watched dad fade away and woke up with tears streaming down my face. Why did he have to go fight in that stupid war and break his promise on coming back?

“Tristan James… if you don’t start moving we are going to be late” mom shouted through the door

“I’m moving” but I really didn’t have the strength too. I miss my dad more than anything. I’m his name sake and he promised to take me to New York for my audition… I started crying harder laying there; hoping mom wasn’t still standing outside the door.

There was a knock at the door, all most so quiet I didn’t think someone was there until it came again.

“Teej you ok?” it was my brother Beau. He always seemed to know when I was upset.

“Yeah I’m fine” I replied as the door opened Beau stuck his head in.

“You don’t sound it and don’t look it either. Still dreaming about dad?”

It’s kind of crazy how Beau always knew what was going on and sometimes it was downright scary. I felt the bed dip as he sat down and then leaned in for a hug.

“I wish I could go with you and Mom to New York, but she said it was too expensive for all of us to go. “

After dad died we had to pick-up and move as living in Potomac, Maryland the house was too expensive for mom to keep. She kind of sprung it on use about a week after the funeral that we were moving back to her home state of Ohio. Geez thanks mom… the state of BORING. Beau and Grayson weren’t too happy either but Mom insisted she’d have a better support system with Grandma, Grandpa, Uncle Murray and Aunt Kelly. Murray and Kelly really have been in my life since I can remember and they have been mom’s friends since kindergarten.

Beau finally let go of the hug “Feel better bro?”

“Yeah thanks for that B”

I looked at the clock and jumped out of bed and dashed across the hall to the bathroom and showered faster than usual… if I didn’t get a move on Mom surely will kill me. I got dressed and grabbed my suitcase and as I headed down the stair I heard Grandpa… “You know Emily you should cut the boy some slack, you up rooted them and moved across the country in the middle of his senior year and expect the boy to adjust and move on. You know how much TJ looked up to his dad.”

“I know dad… I’m not being heartless I just want him to have his dream and go to Julliard. He’s wanted to go there ever since his father took him to New York when he was 5 and showed him Broadway. That boy has a gift and I want to help him realize his potential.” Mom said with tears in her eyes.

“Ok enough mushy stuff. I am going to take the boys and head to the home… Have a safe flight you two. Beau and Grayson let’s get a move on, Grandma’s making lunch and I know how you both love to eat. TJ knock em dead.”

Mom drove us to the airport as she didn’t want me to get us lost. We made our flight and we were off to New York. I closed my eyes and dreamt of dancing on Broadway. The dream took a quick turn and I had just finished a show and was exiting the stage when standing there was my idol JC Woolery; the winner of America’s Got Talent. That boy had the looks, the talent to sing and dance and did I mention he was a Greek god? I woke with a start as mom just shook me and said we’d be landing at JFK Airport soon. Murray had said to use LaGuardia as he comes to visit friends out here, but mom said she knew better.

JFK was a mess and I heard mom mumbling that she should have listened to Murray. We finally made it to the luggage area and got our bags and headed for a taxi. We made it to the hotel and then went to dinner. After eating we went back to hotel and I changed my clothes and went right to sleep. I was exhausted.

“You are going to crush it mini… love ya” beep beep I hear the alarm.

“Morning sleepy head, did you sleep ok?”

“Yeah just nervous.”

“Just remember your dad is always with you and you got this sweetheart. I just know you do”

We had breakfast which I just picked at… nerves is what mom said.

We made it to Julliard with some time to spare and I sat on the couch just outside the auditorium where the auditions would be held.

I started to pace as my nerves were getting to me and then all of a sudden I see my Greek god JC Woolery coming out of the auditorium covered in sweet and shirtless. As I am starring the door opens again and hits me right smack in the face and I fall to the ground.

“Are you ok?” JC asks while offering a hand to get up

“Yyyeah” oh great now I stutter… I grab his hand to get up and feel some kind of electricity pass though my hand. God I hope that’s true, I’ve dreamt about JC for a couple of years and the things I would do to him. I don’t even know if he’s gay though. He dodged the question a lot on the show and keeps his Instagram just on his dance moves.

“Tristan Michaels Jr???” some lady calls out

“Um here”

“Would you kindly join us in the room please, the others are waiting”

JC gives me a weak smile and I turn to mom who just smiles and I brush myself off and enter the auditorium.

Here goes nothing.

Copyright © 2020 AquariusGuy; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 43
  • Love 17
  • Fingers Crossed 1
  • Sad 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction that combine worlds created by the original content owner with names, places, characters, events, and incidents that are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously, and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, organizations, companies, events or locales are entirely coincidental.
Authors are responsible for properly crediting Original Content creator for their creative works.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Stories in this Fandom are works of fiction. Any names or characters, businesses or places, events or incidents, are fictitious. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental. <br>
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I enjoyed this first chapter, looking forward to more!👍 (I can't believe i'm going to say this, because I've been there before trust me, but I think the story would be better if you find an editor ;) )

  • Like 5
Link to comment
14 hours ago, Wesley8890 said:

Interesting start. Looking forward to more!

Thanks Wesley... I have chapter 2 written just trying to firm it up. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
1 minute ago, AquariusGuy said:

I have really been thinking about it... is this your way of throwing your name in the hat? :whistle:

Oh no sorry, I wouldn't be a good editor, but because I was so bad at it when I started writing my story, I now know how important it is lol hope you find someone who can give you a few pointers. Think dots and commas.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Ronyx said:

 Don't get hung up with some of the criticism about editing.

It really wasn't meant as a criticism, just a thought to make the story better, cause it's a good story.;)

  • Like 5
Link to comment

I'm just going to echo Ron.  It's a very good start to a good and interesting story.  I'm ALL in and along for the ride.. Thank you!!

Edited by KayDeeMac
  • Like 3
  • Love 2
Link to comment

This is going to be repetitive, but good story and I can't wait for the next chapter.

Except I don't have to wait and have a few books to catch up on, so yay for me!

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to comment

Your comment in the Cockney Canuck fired up my curiosity. I wanted to find out about this character first-hand. I have to admit I haven't read any of your work before, and judging by this chapter, I've been missing out. I like the way you started the story, giving the reader just enough information without bogging it down with unnecessary detail. I'm pretty sure I'm going to enjoy this story.  

  • Like 3
  • Love 2
Link to comment

@AquariusGuy I LOVE this first chapter. You've done an incredible job of giving life, depth, and emotional range to your characters. Already, the love and energy you put into writing pours from the words written. 

  • Love 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..