Jump to content
    AquariusGuy
  • Author
  • 1,206 Words
  • 1,760 Views
  • 10 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction that combine worlds created by the original content owner with names, places, characters, events, and incidents that are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously, and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, organizations, companies, events or locales are entirely coincidental.
Authors are responsible for properly crediting Original Content creator for their creative works.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Stories in this Fandom are works of fiction. Any names or characters, businesses or places, events or incidents, are fictitious. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental. <br>

Tristan's High School Life - 44. Chapter 44

Buckle up... in for a bumpy ride.
TJ's nephew LJ is Lucas Jordan Jr.

TJ's POV

Jackson and I left Jack and Tracy to work out the details, and we hightailed it over to the hospital. We arrived and were directed to the ICU and found Rory and Xander seated in the waiting area.

"What happened?" I asked.
"Tristan has been having headaches, and he passed out walking down the stairs and took a mighty tumble onto the marble foyer," Xander said.

Just then, the Doctor who treated him after the bomb blast was at our sides.

"Mr. Michaels, it appears that Tristan had more than a concussion from the blast. We've done several scans and could not find anything that would indicate why he is still having headaches and why he passed out," the Doctor said.
"I know he said sometimes they were painful," Xander said softly.
"Painful?" the Doctor said, moving his attention to Xander.
"Yes, Sir, he said the pain was excruciating. I begged him to tell TJ or Jackson, but he didn't," Xander said, tears in his eyes.
"Young man, in this instance, you should have told an adult," the Doctor scolded, causing Xander to recoil.
"Doctor, I understand, but I think Xander was just trying to keep Tristan's trust," Rory said protectively.
"All this aside, what is going on?" Jackson asked, losing his patience.
"We've checked his brain for any tumors or growths and found nothing. The only thing was think is maybe there is damage from the blast that we can't see," the Doctor tersely replied.
"Thanks," I said and took a seat. I didn't need the Doctor's negative attitude.
"Xander, we aren't mad at you," Jackson said.
"I know I should have said something, but I was scared," Xander said.

We sat around waiting, and eventually, Rory took Xander home, but not before shooting me a dirty look.

"What do you think that was about," I asked Jackson.
"You and the Doctor practically made it Xander's fault that he didn't tell you. You should have apologized," Jackson said, irritated.
"I don't want to fight with you," I said and sighed as I sank into the chair.
"Too late, when you get angry, your emotions tend to come, and out you don't think. You harp on everyone until you get your way and get what you want. I think you're the reason CC didn't tell us she had Stage IV Metastatic Cancer; she didn't want to argue with you," Jackson steamed.
"You want to do this now? Our son is in there," I retorted.
"Oh, so now you want to be a parent? I've been home for months on the mend with everyone under the sun helping me, except for you. You were there for a little while, then back to work you went. You aren't happy unless you are busy making other people unhappy. You act like you give a crap but deep down, you don't," Jackson bellowed.
"I do care, and some has to make money," I huffed.
"There it is, money. I knew you'd tie it back to money somehow. In case your dumb ass forgot, we are rich. We don't have to work between what I made from my career and working at Julliard and what you inherited. Instead of being a father, you are absent," Jackson said, getting up.
"Where are you going?" I asked worriedly.
"I'm going wherever you aren't. Don't bother coming home." Jackson said venomously and walked out.

I sat there replaying the conversation over and over in my head and realized how right he was. My life always was wok first family later, and obviously, Jackson was resenting me. I can't quit being Mayor; it's CC legacy, amongst other things. I sat there for a long time and eventually left. I wandered around a long time and decided if Jackson didn't want me to come home, I had to go somewhere. I took the train heading further North and stood in front of the house for a few minutes before ringing the doorbell.

"Uncle TJ," LJ shouted, opening the door.
"Hey, LJ," I said, ruffling my nephew's hair.
"Dad, Pop, and Uncle Grayson are upstairs," LJ said.
"Oh, I didn't know you had company. I guess I'll go," I said, turning to leave.
"TJ?" Beau said, opening the door further.
"Hey, Beau," I said, turning around.
"LJ, run upstairs, please and let us talk," Beau said and gestured towards the swing out front. We sat on the swing when Grayson came out and joined us.
"I know something is up if you came all the way here," Grayson said, squeezing between us.
"He's right; you rarely visit, so spill," Beau said.
"Tristan's in the hospital, and Jackson and I fought, and he told me not to come home," I said.
"Is Tristan ok?" Beau asked.
"They don't know why but he's getting headaches, and he fell down the stairs," I replied.
"Do you think he didn't follow the Doctor's rules about the concussion," Grayson asked.
"It's a possibility," I sighed
"Ok, so what was the fight about," Beau asked.
"He told me I don't spend enough time with the kids, and I'm a terrible father. He also said I was the reason CC didn't tell us about her cancer," I said
"She didn't tell you?" Grayson asked.
"Wait, you knew?" I gasped.
"She told us together," Beau said.
"Wow," I said, shocked about this revelation. "So apparently, I don't get to know what's going on."
"It's not that TJ; it's your reaction. Her cancer spread, and chemo wasn't going to help her. She knew you'd want her to fight, and she didn't want to. She lived a wonderful long life and cheated death once," Beau said.
"Now about the family part, you are very engaged in your work, but you seem to forget sometimes your a father, husband, and Uncle," Grayson said.
"Yout saying I'm a shitty father?" I growled.
"Yes," they said in unison.
"Gee, thanks," I replied.
"Jackson got sick, and the first thing you did was hire Mack. Jackson's Grandparents moved across the country to help, and you went back to work," Grayson said. "Now, I bet you said someone had to make money because that is something you'd say."
"Any time something came up, Jackson was always the one to drop what he had going on and took care of it, and you keep working," Beau said.
"Hey guys, I made a bed for TJ," Lucas said, sticking his head out the door. "Jackson called and warned that TJ might come this way."
"Did you talk to him?" I asked.
"No, he told me Trace and his dads were over," Lucas said.
"Great," I replied, rolling my eyes.
"Why don't you guys come in," Lucas said. "I got the kids watching a movie."
"Would you mind if I shower and lay down?" I asked.
"Sure; I'm sure you'd fit in one of our clothes," Beau said.

We went into the house, and Beau took me to the guest room, and I took a shower, and when I finished, I found a pair of shorts and a tee waiting for me on the bed. I slipped the shorts on and got in bed, where I tossed and turned all night.

Watching for this pitch forks....
Please leave a comment, reaction or both.
Copyright © 2021 AquariusGuy; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 13
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 6
  • Angry 5
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction that combine worlds created by the original content owner with names, places, characters, events, and incidents that are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously, and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, organizations, companies, events or locales are entirely coincidental.
Authors are responsible for properly crediting Original Content creator for their creative works.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Stories in this Fandom are works of fiction. Any names or characters, businesses or places, events or incidents, are fictitious. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental. <br>
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Are there a few lines of dialog that is missing or did I miss something?I didn't see anything TJ said that blamed Xander for what happened to Tristan.So TJ needs to be a better father that's going to be hard to do while being Mayor. Shouldn't LJ have said 'Uncle TJ" instead of Uncle Tristan?What does he call Tristan?

What the doctor said about Tristan my doctor said about me.They did a Brian scan of me and they looked and looked and looked and found....NOTHING 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
42 minutes ago, weinerdog said:

Are there a few lines of dialog that is missing or did I miss something?I didn't see anything TJ said that blamed Xander for what happened to Tristan.So TJ needs to be a better father that's going to be hard to do while being Mayor. Shouldn't LJ have said 'Uncle TJ" instead of Uncle Tristan?What does he call Tristan?

What the doctor said about Tristan my doctor said about me.They did a Brian scan of me and they looked and looked and looked and found....NOTHING 

I fixed the whole uncle part. As for Xander he doesn’t really address him and ignores him. Giving him a cold shoulder. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
19 hours ago, Wesley8890 said:

Jackson has a point....

 

18 hours ago, chris191070 said:

It's about time TJ faced up to a few home truths.

But how will he fix it??? 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
1 hour ago, AquariusGuy said:

 

But how will he fix it??? 

He needs to spend more time with Jackson and the family. Less time at work.

  • Love 2
Link to comment
33 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

He needs to spend more time with Jackson and the family. Less time at work.

Sir you know things in this story are never THAT easy. 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
On 8/12/2021 at 6:28 PM, weinerdog said:

Are there a few lines of dialog that is missing or did I miss something?I didn't see anything TJ said that blamed Xander for what happened to Tristan.So TJ needs to be a better father that's going to be hard to do while being Mayor. Shouldn't LJ have said 'Uncle TJ" instead of Uncle Tristan?What does he call Tristan?

What the doctor said about Tristan my doctor said about me.They did a Brian scan of me and they looked and looked and looked and found....NOTHING 

You aren't elected?

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
On 8/13/2021 at 7:44 PM, Anton_Cloche said:

240_F_102352306_HM6UFwjWKlT6bsSsHeav8fCiy267fdHn.jpg

So now that I written the next chapter... you're going to be even madder.

  • Wow 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..