Jump to content
    AquariusGuy
  • Author
  • 1,442 Words
  • 1,164 Views
  • 10 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction that combine worlds created by the original content owner with names, places, characters, events, and incidents that are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously, and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, organizations, companies, events or locales are entirely coincidental.
Authors are responsible for properly crediting Original Content creator for their creative works.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Stories in this Fandom are works of fiction. Any names or characters, businesses or places, events or incidents, are fictitious. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental. <br>

Tristan's High School Life - 41. Chapter 41

Tristan's POV

 

I was in the hospital for several days, and Xander was with me every day. I was bothered by the fact that I don't remember what happened, and no one would tell me either, something about it being too traumatic. I can say that TJ has been walking on eggshells and be super friendly to me, and it's pretty scary. The Doctor said I suffered a severe concussion because I shouldn't be left alone for a while at home. That was the million-dollar hot topic; you see, we can't go home due to some mysterious issue. TJ said that the family stayed at the Grandpas and Aunt Kat's since there wasn't one place we all fit. I was furious. I wanted my apartment with my boy.

 

"Good morning Tristan," Jackson said cheerily. "Ready to blow this Popsicle stand?"

"Good morning. Where's Xander?" I asked

"So glad I'm chopped liver," Jackson heartily laughed.

"It's just he's been here every day," I said morosely.

"You'll see him later," Jackson said. "How about we get you dressed?"

 

I took the clothes from him and pulled the curtain, and got dressed. While I was dressing, TJ came in and said the Doctor would be in shortly with discharge instructions. When I finished dressing, I pulled the curtain, and standing with TJ was Hunter, which made me smile.

 

"Morning, brother," Hunter said, bumping my fist.

"Morning, bro," I said and sat on the bed, and Hunter sat next to me, resting his head on my shoulder.

 

The Doctor came in and gave the speech to watch sudden movements and said I should avoid being near a blast as it could do real damage. We left the hospital, and upon arrival outside, there was a car waiting to whisk us away. I froze at the door, and panic set in. I had a flash of being with CC.

 

Flashback:

 

"No, talk about the press release Rory," Grandma said, scolding Rory.

"Where are we going Grandma," I asked.

"There is a new steakhouse a few blocks away, and Ali reserved us a table," Grandma said as we approached the car.

"Good morning, Madam Mayor," the driver greeted Grandma.

"Good morning, Felix," Grandma said, smiling.

"Tristan!" I heard Kaiden shouting from behind me. I turned and started walking towards him as he ran toward us.

That's when I heard the explosion and saw a fireball in my peripheral vision.

 

Present-day:

I returned to the present to find myself in TJ's arms and notice I wet my pants. I started bawling, and that's when TJ teleported us out of there.

"It's ok, Tristan," TJ said, holding me and stroked my hair. "You had a flashback?"

I shook my head, yes, and he tried to soothe me. Jackson and Hunter arrived shortly after that.

"I sent the car to searched," Jackson said.

"What?" TJ asked.

"Hunter noticed something strange and refused to get in," Jackson replied.

"Mother trucker," TJ said.

"Someone is trying to finish the job," Jackson said. "I have increased security, and I think you should take Tristan, Xander, and Hunter and go somewhere."

"Hunter, could you fetch Xander to keep your brother company," TJ said. "Tristan, you need to get cleaned up while I decide where somewhere safe is."

"Isn't the memorial tomorrow," Hunter asked.

"Crap," Jackson and TJ said in unison.

"Don't worry, I will place a protection charm," Hunter said.

 

Xander was in the room when I got out of the shower, so Hunter left. After I dressed, Xander and I cuddled for a bit. It was so lovely to be in his arms and not to worry about a doctor or nurse walking in. Once I stepped outside the room, I realized we were at grandpas house. Xander and I went downstairs in search of some food; I was starving. After eating, we found a show on Netflix called Elite, about a school in Spain. It was a Spanish murder mystery dubbed in English. It kept us on the edge of our seats, and there was some nice eye candy. When we finished the first season, it was dinner time. Grandpa Tracy went all out and made all my favorite foods. After eating, I felt like I was in a food coma; I was happy, though. Xander was staying with me, and TJ and Jackson were across the hall if needed. I fell asleep in Xander's arms.

 

Tristan's Dream:

 

"Hello sweetheart," Grandma said

"Grandma?" I replied

"Yes, Tristan, it is me. I want you to know that I am ok," Grandma said

"You, you, were blown up," I stuttered

"That I was, but I am all better now," she replied with a smile.

"I can see that," I said.

"I needed you to know that I am ok and I didn't feel a thing," Grandma said.

"I miss you," I said, tears falling.

"I know you do, sweetheart, but it was my time. I only had a few more months anyhow," Grandma said.

"What?!" I shouted

"I had breast cancer, and it spread. I was on borrowed time. You only saw me on the good days, or I masqueraded myself as being well," Grandma said.

"You lied to me?" I said, getting angry.

"No, I planned on telling you, but when the premonition occurred, I knew it was better than you watching me die from cancer," Grandma said.

"I'd rather you not die at all," I replied

"Tristan, it's a fact of life; everyone dies," Grandma said. "Look, your Great-Grandparents are in their ninety's."

I cut her off.

"No one is dying on my watch," I said defiantly.

"You have no control over that," She said. "Look, I'll be watching over you; I must go."

 

With that, she was gone, and when my eyes opened, I snuggled against Xander, and my pillow was wet from my tears. I freed myself and decided to let him sleep since it was the middle of the night. I searched for someplace quiet, and when I got to the third floor, I found TJ sitting there reading a book in the area in front of the bay window.

 

"Couldn't sleep," I asked?

"Hey buddy," TJ replied, closing his book. "No, I have a lot on my mind. Why are you up?"

"I had a dream about Grandma," I said, sitting opposite him.

"I see; want to tell me about it?" He asked.

"Did you know she had cancer?" I asked.

"Not until after she passed away. I was cleaning her place and found everything on her desk," TJ said.

"I can't believe she didn't tell us," I said.

"Ali knew, and Grandma swore her to secrecy," TJ said. "Look, Tristan, the day before your injury, we had a huge fight, and I said something I shouldn't have, and I didn't mean them."

"So another Teej moment," I snickered.

"Very funny," TJ replied, rolling his eyes. "In all seriousness, I will make it up to you for as long as I live."

"Ok," I said and climbed into his lap, and snuggled in. We both must have fallen asleep as when we woke up; a blanket draped over us.

 

After having breakfast and getting dressed, we all teleported to the memorial service. TJ chose to have it at Shepard Tower as he could control the security there. The service was excellent and attended by lots of people. Wyatt Anderson delivered a eulogy and talked about grandma and her service to the community through various charities and programs. TJ also spoke and talked about Grandma's early life and how he grew up and didn't know she was his aunt and how she stepped in filling the role of Grandma when he and Jackson had children. We had a massive lunch in the same hall as the memorial. TJ and Jackson both thought it was safer than going somewhere else. This action varied from the premonition, and nothing seemed to happen. I did notice that Hunter looked rather tired, and he nodded off a couple of times.

 

Hunter's POV:

 

I wanted to tell someone that I figured out who was behind the bombings. My only problem is TJ may have the courts to deal with it, and if I told Tristan, I don't think he's strong enough to take them all out. I just needed to wait for the right opportunity to present itself. I spent a lot of time watching these idiots, which was causing me to lose sleep.

 

The next day the opportunity presented itself, and I made my move.

So I made you wait to find out who the bombers are. :P
Please leave a comment, reaction or both.
Copyright © 2021 AquariusGuy; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 15
  • Love 7
  • Wow 2
  • Fingers Crossed 1
  • Sad 1
  • Angry 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction that combine worlds created by the original content owner with names, places, characters, events, and incidents that are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously, and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, organizations, companies, events or locales are entirely coincidental.
Authors are responsible for properly crediting Original Content creator for their creative works.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Stories in this Fandom are works of fiction. Any names or characters, businesses or places, events or incidents, are fictitious. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental. <br>
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

1 minute ago, James B. said:

Well surprise, surprise a cliffhanger. 🥰🥰🥰🥰

I actually almost didn't but I didn't want shock everyone. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
27 minutes ago, AquariusGuy said:

I actually almost didn't but I didn't want shock everyone. 

Well you shocked me. Great job.

  • Haha 3
Link to comment

I like how you handled CC dying with the conversation in Tristan's dream.

Well you heard what the doctor said to Tristan he has to avoid being near a blast impossible in your stories you're going to have to write him out.  

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
11 minutes ago, weinerdog said:

I like how you handled CC dying with the conversation in Tristan's dream.

Well you heard what the doctor said to Tristan he has to avoid being near a blast impossible in your stories you're going to have to write him out.  

Yes I will write the doctor out :rofl:

As long as he stays away from Hunter in the next chapter he’ll be ok

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
3 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Well another cliffhanger, but Hunter knows who the bomber is.

It's time for the great reveal.

Bombers….. it’s plural. 

  • Wow 2
Link to comment

So, some closure and information about Grandma CC. Being familiar with breast cancer, it can be quite rapid which gives little time for goodbyes. Now that CC has moved on to a different 'astral plane' she might not be able to appear, other than in Tristan's dreams ( which may comfort him).

Now Hunter is stressed out, and...? Where's 41 - 45?

:evil: + 😡 + 🎯 = 💣

Edited by Anton_Cloche
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..