Jump to content
    Demiurge
  • Author
  • 3,040 Words
  • 3,418 Views
  • 25 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
Mental Health will be discussed. I will flag specific chapters where it is heavier than others

I Hate This Town - 18. Chapter 18: Run

*Some adult content, nothing too explicit 😘
*Also, Alec defending his role as your friendly neighborhood headcase

The house was cute. It was a single story with white siding and a nice red door. Alec swallowed as he walked up the paved driveway and cut across the immaculate front yard. There were flower bushes along the front of the house with yellow, red, and white flowers. Alec was a little surprised at how neat and adorable the house was. He was having a hard time believing that Milo lived here. He was nervous and Milo hadn’t given him a chance to disagree or complain.

It wasn’t until he’d been getting dressed after his shower that he realized Milo had said Finn was busy studying, but Alec had called his phone. If Finn wasn’t here, why was his phone? Alec had put himself through the ringer thinking about that. He’d almost managed to work himself into a panic attack until he’d forced himself to find reason. He’d been trying to reach Finn. Did it matter if it was in person or by phone? They needed to have a good conversation one way or another. He kept reminding himself of that as he knocked on the front door.

It was flung open and the blond girl was standing just inside the screen door. For a moment, they just stared at each other. He thought she was looking at his face, but then she unlocked the screen door and pushed it open a bit, “You have blue hair!”

Alec grinned and nodded, “I do. Do you like blue?”

“No, but it’s my daddy’s third favorite.” She nodded once and then something else caught her attention. She darted away and Alec wasn’t sure if he was supposed to enter the house. He held the screen door open and looked around for signs of an adult.

“Hi, sorry! I had dough all over my hands!” The brunette from the bakery came around a wall and Alec smiled, “Come right in!”

Alec stepped inside and pulled the screen door closed behind him before shutting the red one as well. He’d entered a smaller sized living room. There was a loveseat and a recliner and a large TV along one wall. Across the room was an easel with a cart of supplies next to it. There were tarps covering the floor on that side of the room and there was a half-finished painting on the easel. Alec was drawn to it and got closer. It was a field of flowers. They came in every color and Alec marveled at how detailed it was, even unfinished.

“Hey! Sorry, I am not fast anymore.” Milo grinned as he limped after the girl. She was holding his hand and watching him carefully, “I see you met Gracie.”

“Yes.” Alec smiled down at the girl and she gave him a toothy grin.

“Sit!” She ordered suddenly and Milo rolled his eyes but dropped into the recliner. She scrambled onto his lap and Alec walked around to sit on the couch.

The brunette came back out of the kitchen and smiled warmly, “Alec, I’m Nina. Since this one is hopeless at manners and introductions.”

Alec laughed and shook his head, “That sounds about right. He does call me jailbait after all.”

“Milo, stop calling him that. He’s an adult.” Nina scolded, “Gracie, do you want to help with dinner?”

“Yes!” The girl jumped up and then scowled at Milo, “You stay there.”

“Yes, yes you’re majesty.” Milo chuckled and rolled his eyes.

The girl disappeared and an awkward silence fell over the room. Alec tried to ignore Milo’s shifting and the pained expression on his face. The older man caught him anyway and smiled tightly, “I’ve been pushing it too hard. Ma came back today and I thought she was going to take my head off with a rolling pin. She thought I was at the gym sitting in the office.”

“You would have deserved it!” Nina called from the kitchen.

“Yeah!” Gracie agreed.

“Alec, honey, are you staying for dinner? Homemade pizza!” Nina called out again.

“Oh no, no thank you. Thanks for offering, though!”

“I get no respect around here.” Milo mumbled without any real heat.

“Nina seems nice,” Alec smiled, “and Gracie is beautiful.”

“Nina is a saint and I don’t deserve her.” Milo whispered, “Don’t tell her that though. She’s got a big enough head. You can tell Finn about Gracie. It’s his genetics after all.”

Alec froze for a second, aware that Milo was watching him, “Grace is Finn’s?”

“Yep. That’s why she’s here while he studies. She stole his phone. That part I didn’t know until she was talking to herself in the guest room and there your name was.”

“I didn’t know.” Alec shifted, trying to control his discomfort. It wasn’t a big deal. Finn had a daughter, so what? Alec wasn’t staying so it didn’t matter.

“I figured. I doubted he would’ve gotten around to telling you with all the little hearts that have been flying around his head since you got back into town.” Milo grinned and rubbed his hip.

“I’m happy for him. Like I said, she’s beautiful.” Alec nodded and smiled, letting out a breath of relief as he realized he meant it.

“Milo. I am going to assume that I misheard what you just said. You have thirty seconds to rewind before I beat you with this spoon. It’s not funny. You’re awful.” Nina said, eyes narrowed and hand on her hip as she brandished a wooden spoon in Milo’s direction.

Milo let out a long-suffering sigh, “Fine. I’m messing with you. She’s ours. Finn is just the fun uncle who also lives here half the time because he’s a terrible adult. He’s passed out on his textbook in the guest room as we speak. That’s how she got his phone.”

Alec frowned deeply at Milo, “That was super shitty.”

“I know, but I couldn’t resist! You handled it so well! You weren’t even phased! You have my blessing. When are you marrying into our family?” Milo laughed.

“Milo!” Came a barked warning from the kitchen.

Grace came speeding out of the kitchen, “Daddy! Mom says you don’t get cookies!”

“What? Wait, Nina, I didn’t mean it.” Alec watched Milo shove himself to his feet and winced when the man stumbled a bit. He caught himself quickly and half hopped into the kitchen, “Love of my life, soulmate, you can’t deprive me of cookies. Your sweets are the only things that keep me going!”

The last part was said in a sleezy tone that was followed by a hollow smack sound and Milo whining in pain. Alec smiled and played with his phone case.

“Wanna see something funny?” Alec jumped as he came face to face with Grace. Her big brown eyes were wide and she had a tiny mischievous smile on her mouth.

Alec was nervous, but he didn’t see himself ever being able to say no to that face, “Okay.”

She tugged at his hand excitedly until he stood and then guided him past the kitchen. He smiled softly as he saw Milo hugging Nina from behind, his chin resting on top of her head as she chopped vegetables. Alec felt a pang of something awful inside and bit back a sigh. He was envious. He couldn’t imagine what that’d be like. Preparing dinner in your home with your partner. Intimate moments like that were something Alec hadn’t experienced.

Grace led him down a short hallway and very slowly opened a door on the left side. Just as Milo had said, Finn was slumped over a desk, cheek smashed against a textbook. Alec frowned softly at the position he was sleeping in and the bed that was only two feet away. Grace led him closer and pointed, holding a finger to her lips. Alec stepped forward. Finn was drooling and Alec wondered how long he’d been studying. He looked so young and the book he laid on didn’t help.

He'd moved closer before he’d even noticed his feet taking steps. He brushed Finn’s short hair off his forehead and wiped gently at the drool on his lips, “Finn?”

Finn’s nose scrunched but he didn’t stir further, “Finn wake up. Your back and neck are going to hurt.”

“You know Uncle Finny?” Grace asked and Alec startled backwards. He had forgotten himself and that the girl was in the room.

“I do, we used to be very close friends.”

“More than that.” Finn groaned as he sat up and leaned back against his chair, cracking his back.

“What do you mean?” Grace frowned.

“I like him the way your daddy likes your mommy.” Finn grinned.

Grace’s face twisted up, “Ew! Don’t be gross like them Uncle Finn!”

Alec watched her run from the room and then heard her tattling to her mother. He ignored the sounds of Finn moving until he was very close, “What’re you doing here? Not that waking up to you wasn’t the best thing to happen to me all week.”

Alec ducked his head and turned to walk back to the living room, “Stop Finn. Milo invited me.”

Finn’s free hand pushed the door shut before Alec could reach it. Fingers slid over Alec’s hip and he tightened his hands into fists, “Your niece and family are like fifty feet away.”

“Oh, you’re right.” Finn pressed closer and locked the door.

Alec turned with a glare, ready to snap at Finn, but then he backed up when he saw just how close the man was. Finn followed him and rested his arm on the door above Alec’s head. His hair was still messed up from his nap and his cheek was red from the book. It was all horribly endearing. Alec tried to squirm out from between Finn and the door, but the blond stopped him with a hand on his hip.

“I didn’t know you had Milo’s number.” He smiled softly, eyes still hooded and tired.

“I don’t.”

“Then how’d you talk to Milo?” Finn’s lazy smile was slowly turning a smug smirk and it made Alec glare at him.

“Please move so that I can unlock and open the door.” He said as calmly as he could.

The fingers on his hip slid under his shirt and he forced down a gasp as they stroked bare skin, “You’re not telling me something. Come on Alec, sharing is caring.”

Alec frowned and stared down at his feet, “I was trying to call you.”

“Were you? Why?” Finn inched closer and his fingers slid up his ribs. Alec’s breathing had picked up and he stared down at his feet, shaking his head, “That’s not an answer Alec.”

Alec let out a frustrated huff and muttered under his breath. The fingers caressed gently from his ribs down to his hip and back, “Can’t hear you.”

“I wanted to talk to you!” Alec snapped, his head jerking back so he could glare up at Finn properly.

He’d fallen into a trap. Finn’s arm dropped from above his head. He cupped Alec’s face and pressed their lips together. His hand had stopped on Alec’s hip and his thumb rubbed small circles against his hip bone. Alec’s head went fuzzy. His hands were on Finn’s chest as he was pressed against the door. Alec gasped and Finn’s tongue slid over his. He got swept away and lost control. He cupped Finn’s face and coaxed the other man’s tongue into his mouth. Meanwhile, Finn’s hand slid back from his jaw, cupping the back of Alec’s head as his other hand moved to the small of his back. Finn nipped Alec’s lower lip and Alec moaned.

“Jump.” Finn murmured.

Alec hopped and Finn caught his thighs, holding him up and resting Alec’s back against the door again. Alec wrapped his legs around Finn’s waist and tugged at his hair as Finn’s mouth kissed and nipped down his neck. Finn’s hands were on his backside now and Alec yanked his mouth back for another kiss. It was almost frenzied. Finn’s hands were everywhere and Alec’s mind was trying to remind him of something, but he couldn’t be bothered. Finn felt and tasted so good. He didn’t want it to end.

“Hey, listen. I’m team Filec, but my kid is here y’all.” Milo’s voice came through the door and the spell was broken.

Alec panicked and almost made Finn drop him as he scrambled away. He unlocked the door and yanked it open, not stopping to feel bad about how he’d almost door checked Finn. He threw himself around a shocked Milo and fled. He’d made it to the door and had it opened before he heard other voices. Grace and Nina were looking at him. Nina was looking down the hallway and then back at Alec, trying to figure out what had happened. Alec didn’t say anything, simply opened the door and practically threw himself out.

 

“So you ran away like a bitch. Got it. Got it.” They were sprawled on River’s bed as Alec recounted his stupidity.

“Yep. That about sums it up.”

“Did he text you or call?” River asked, holding a pillow to his chest and frowning.

“My phone’s in my room, so maybe.” Alec shrugged and sighed.

He was insane. He’d gone into that situation thinking he would handle it with maturity and poise. Instead, he’d nearly lost his tongue down Finn’s throat. If it wasn’t for Milo, who knew how far it would’ve gone? Alec had panicked like he was running from the police. Dramatic much? He’d lost total control of himself and the situation and when his attention was drawn to the fact, he had no solution but to run.

On top of everything, it’d been the best kiss of his life and the fact that Finn could hold him up with seemingly no effort, did things to him. He wanted more of it and his body was putting in an official request while his mind stayed on the rules it’d set for them. This was a bad idea. It could only end badly. Yada, yada, blah, blah. He was starting to wonder if depriving himself was really worth it. Finn wasn’t stupid. He had to know the risks and he didn’t seem to care. He’d touched Alec without hesitation and Alec had never felt someone come at him with so much passion.

“I’m guessing it was good by the glazed over look in your eyes.” River laughed.

“It was.” Alec groaned, “Who am I kidding? It was amazing! If we had been in private, we would’ve slept together River.”

“Damn. Get it then. One of us should be getting some whilst on this vacation.” River yawned and played with Alec’s hair.

“Okay but-“

“Alright, I’m going to smack you right across your pretty face. I’m going to kick you in the shin too. Listen to me.”

“Riv-“

“No talk. Just listen. You talk enough to yourself in your head. My turn. You want Finn. He wants you. You’re both adults and he’s pursuing you. Finn might want a relationship and what’s so horrible about that? You’re throwing away your best shot at happiness in a long time Alec. It’s honestly hard to watch. You run around in circles, beating your head against a wall in your mind. I get you have trauma. Same. You can’t let it control your life now. If something feels right, just fucking go with it already. God, I love you so much but you’re exhausting me right now.” River took a deep breath, dragging his hands through his hair and messing it up. Then he frowned softly at him and rubbed his cheek and then the back of his neck.

Alec processed everything River had said slowly. He curled his knees to his chest and rested his face against them. It was true. Things were easy with Finn and it’d only been a few days, but Alec was settling into using him as support again. He’d been trying to call him earlier when everything got too heavy. Why would he reach out to someone he wanted to cut all ties with? There wasn’t any real logic in the argument he’d been making. Did he really have to keep his distance? Maybe Finn would make this all easier? Alec chewed at the skin on his lip and relaxed as River hugged him from behind.

“I miss him. Being so close, I can see how much.” He mumbled into his knees, “I don’t understand why. We weren’t together long and it ended badly. We were kids. None of it makes sense.”

“Why does it have to? Why does it have to fit in a neat little box someone else came up with? You’ve been holding onto this for so long. Both of you. That has to mean something. It’s something worth fighting for or at least looking into.”

Alec nodded, pulling up the blankets and leaning more against his friend. He rubbed at his eyelids and he stretched his legs out. River was rubbing his back and Alec could see the blue light from a phone screen when he opened his eyes to slits. River’s thumb was moving over the screen, tapping a message out. Alec smiled to himself. He hoped that River’s situation with Ken was going better than Alec’s dumpster fire rolling down a hill headed directly for a garbage barge filled entirely with paper products.

“Call him. Meet up and grab dinner or something. A controlled environment where you won’t feel like you’re at a disadvantage or something.” River said from behind him.

“Okay. I’ll figure something out. You’re right, I think. It’s so hard getting out of my head. I’m having a hard time being objective and rational.” Alec yawned and he heard a click. The lights went out and the only sound in the room was the soft tapping of River’s thumb against his phone. Finn would have to wait. After speaking with his father, his mother had forced herself back into his priorities. She wasn’t feeling well and Henry was desperate for them to spend more time together in case this was the last visit. He’d go to the hospital tomorrow and go from there.

One hurdle at a time.

Oh Alec, my sweet, stupid, little baby.
Also #teamFilec
Copyright © 2022 Demiurge; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 35
  • Love 38
  • Wow 1
Thank you for reading and if you choose to do so reacting and commenting.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

"After speaking with his father, his mother had forced herself back into his priorities. She wasn’t feeling well and Henry was desperate for them to spend more time together in case this was the last visit. He’d go to the hospital tomorrow and go from there."

There is no indication Mae wants Alec to visit her, it appears it is Henry who wants Alec to visit his mother. Hopefully Henry's balls have FINALLY dropped and he wants Alec to be there when he tells her what he thinks of her as a wife and what an appalling mother she has been to their son. The final nail in her virtual coffin and hopefully one which hastens her placement into a real live one. 

"Alright, I’m going to smack you right across your pretty face. I’m going to kick you in the shin too. Listen to me.” 

“Riv-“ 

“No talk. Just listen. You talk enough to yourself in your head. My turn. You want Finn. He wants you. You’re both adults and he’s pursuing you. Finn might want a relationship and what’s so horrible about that? You’re throwing away your best shot at happiness in a long time Alec. It’s honestly hard to watch. You run around in circles, beating your head against a wall in your mind. I get you have trauma. Same. You can’t let it control your life now. If something feels right, just fucking go with it already. God, I love you so much but you’re exhausting me right now.” River took a deep breath, dragging his hands through his hair and messing it up. Then he frowned softly at him and rubbed his cheek and then the back of his neck."

Alec is getting better advice for free from his best friend who is not afraid to bitch slap him for his own good when warranted. Get the lube and condoms ready Alec and "fasten your seatbelts it's going to be a bumpy night".

@Demiurge you failed to get rid of Mae with that out-of-control semi-trailer and that woman is still breathing. How about a strategically placed pillow placed over her face such that she is unable to move it. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..