Jump to content
    Demiurge
  • Author
  • 3,371 Words
  • 4,149 Views
  • 29 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
Mental Health will be discussed. I will flag specific chapters where it is heavier than others

I Hate This Town - 28. Chapter 28: Settle

*implied adult content
*body insecurity

When Alec woke up, he had a small moment of panic. He wasn’t at home. He wasn’t in his hotel room either. It took him a few seconds to remember and when he did, he rolled over. The other side of the bed was empty, and a quick pat down proved it had been for a while. Alec blinked sleep from his eyes as he stretched and slowly sat up. Raking his fingers through his messy hair, he yawned. Finn’s sheets were navy, and his comforter was a dark gray. His room was nice but basic. A dresser with a few colognes on the top, two end tables, and the bed Alec was getting out of. He glanced to the table on his side of the bed and smiled softly. His phone was plugged into a charger. He was positive he hadn’t been responsible for that.

He stood, picking up dirty clothes off the floor and depositing them in a hamper hiding on the other side of the dresser. He wasn’t surprised. Even as a teen, Finn had been a bit messy. Alec clumsily yanked his jeans back on and reached for the hem of his shirt. Not his shirt, Finn’s. He dropped his hands. Wearing it a little longer wasn't going to kill anyone. In fact, Finn would probably like it. He was stretching his arms above his head when he heard the front door and then a small commotion. Had Finn left and come back?

He opened the bedroom door and made his way down the hallway to Finn’s living room. He trailed his fingers over the neat line of pictures hung in the hallway. Then let his head tilt to the side when he noticed Finn crouched in front of Herky by the front door. He was pleading with the animal to stay quiet and obviously losing the battle. Alec felt a tiny bit of guilt when the dog saw him, barked, and scurried over.

“Good morning!” Alec cooed, kneeling to pet the dog’s neck scruff and then belly when Herky flopped over.

“What about me?” Finn smiled. He was wearing basketball shorts and a cut off tank top. He was also covered in a light sheen of sweat. It was way too early in the morning for this. Or Alec guessed it was. He hadn’t checked the time.

“Morning.” Alec smiled up at him before returning to aggressive belly rubs, “Where have you been?”

“Run. We go every morning. Rain or shine.” The way Finn was looking at him was far too gentle and adoring as he watched Alec with Herky. No one ever looked at him that way.

“Doesn’t Herk’s fur get all wet?” Alec made a face, imagining the wet dog smell.

“He has boots and a rain jacket.” Finn explained.

“No way! What color?” Alec gasped.

“Yellow.” Finn laughed at the serious look on Alec’s face.

“Oh my god! I have to see this!” Alec declared, finally standing.

“Next time it rains, you’ll have to come over.” Finn said, stepping closer. His eyes moved down Alec’s torso, taking in the shirt. Then they moved back to his face.

“I guess I will.” Alec said shyly. He didn’t know why, but the way Finn was looking made him feel exposed. It also dawned on him how much things had changed. They’d gone from living on borrowed time to adjusting to their own pace. However fast that may be. With how they’d settled in with little more than a day, Alec had a suspicion that things might move fast.

“Mhm. I’m all sweaty. I need a shower. Wanna come with?” Finn pulled his tank over his head and Alec’s mouth went very, very dry.

“Uh…” He answered intelligently.

“No pressure.” Finn chuckled as he brushed past. He dropped a sloppy kiss on Alec’s cheek and hummed softly as he left the room.

The blond had left Alec to decide and he looked down at Herky who was still at his feet sprawled on his back expectantly, “Your owner’s too hot and sweet. It’s not fair.”

His only answer was Herky’s tongue lolling out of his mouth as he panted. Alec padded down the hall. He was internally giving himself a pep talk. It didn’t have to go past a shower. There was no reason it had to be more than that. They were adults. They could control themselves. He pushed open the bathroom door, noticing it’d been left cracked open. When he entered the bathroom, he eyed the two towels set out on the white vanity. His attention turned toward what he could see of Finn through the shower doors. They were frosted in thick, horizontal, strips that were placed strategically. He could see everything from clavicle up. There was a partial view of his abs and then Finn’s legs from mid-thigh down.

Okay, he’s naked and dripping wet. That’s fine. Be strong. You got this Alec.

“You were pretty confident that I’d join you, huh?” He said as he tugged the borrowed shirt over his head.

“Yeah. You’re here, aren’t you?” Finn smirked, water-darkened locks falling over his forehead and into his eyes.

“You’re ridiculous.” Alec laughed as he shimmied out of the clothes on his lower half. They’d already seen all of each other. There wasn’t any reason to be shy or embarrassed. He knew that, but looking at Finn’s flat stomach and muscle, Alec held his arms in front of his own softer tummy as he stood in front of the shower.

“You’re still far too dry.” Finn grinned as Alec hesitantly opened the shower door.

“Yeah, yeah. Keep your hands to yourself, Larson.”

“Where the hell is the fun in that? You’re so cute and small.” Finn’s eyes takes over Alec and he couldn’t help the small spark of confidence it gave him. Finn wasn’t staring at his stomach. He didn’t care about his lack of muscle. The man was attracted to him if the smoldering look in his dark eyes was any indication.

“I am not small!”

“Smaller than me.” Finn grinned and Alec felt him step closer, quickly closing the space between them in the shower.

 

Finn did not keep his hands to himself and neither did Alec. Which meant that after an unknown amount of time, Alec’s hands were braced on the built-in shower seat alongside his right leg. He didn’t have the energy to straighten himself or lower the leg yet. Finn’s hands moved up and down his back comfortingly as Alec tried to remember how to intake the proper amount of oxygen. His heart was still hammering in his chest, and he wasn’t entirely certain that he’d come down from cloud nine.

“You good?” Finn murmured behind him. He was still out of breath himself. Not nearly as bad as Alec, but he was still proud that the blond wasn’t unfazed.

“Unsure. My legs feel boneless.” Alec huffed.

“I bet. Your thighs are still shaking.” Finn said in a very suggestive tone. Alec felt fingers trail up the insides of his thighs and shuddered as they moved dangerously high, “We’ve got to work on your cardio, little nerd.”

“It’s not normal to be as active as you! I go to the gym, okay?” Alec snarked.

”Uh huh. I believe you.” Finn teased.

”Okay, fine. Maybe I only go sometimes, but the point is that I have a membership! It’s literally your job!” Alec pouted, “You’ve done quite enough, thank you.”

He walked his hands up the shower wall and forced his leg to the floor. Finally, he was standing. It felt like it’d been a while since he was vertical. His body was loudly protesting, however. Maybe Finn would carry him?

“Oh, but I could do so much more Alec. I do not need to improve my stamina. I could give you a demonstration?” Hands pulled him back into a firm chest and Finn held Alec while they stood under the warm shower spray.

“I think you’ve already demonstrated that pretty successfully.” Alec mumbled, snuggling into the arms around him more. Finn laughed behind him. The noise was so happy and warm that there was no way the joy in it wasn’t contagious. Alec found himself smiling brightly down at the shower floor. He blushed when fingers ran up his sides. Then a hand ran over his stomach and rested right below his belly button.

“What’re your plans for today?” Alec asked after a few minutes of simply basking in Finn’s presence. His voice was soft, barely above a whisper as he was loathe to break the atmosphere in the shower stall. He reached a hand behind him to card fingers through the blond’s hair.

“Gym to work out and then gym to work.” Came the answer as thumbs traced gentle lines over Alec’s chest and stomach, “You?”

“Not sure. See what the pink-haired gremlin is up to. I guess.”

Finn hummed softly in response and the two reluctantly washed up. For real this time. Alec tried not to think too hard about soapy hands mapping out every inch of his too-pale skin. He tried even harder to ignore his own hands running over an expanse of perfect gold muscle. If he couldn’t stay strong, the hungry look in Finn’s eyes told him they would stay in the shower until the water ran cold.

After they’d finished, Alec sat on the edge of Finn’s bed as he toweled his hair dry. He checked fast to make sure the fabric wasn’t going to be ruined from the bleeding of his hair color. There wasn’t much left as his blue was rather faded, but he’d learned the hard way that it didn’t matter. Far too many towels had met their demise at his hands over the years.

Finn was nearly dressed in his normal get up of blue gym shorts and an unfairly tight shirt made from a stretchy material. It didn’t have sleeves-because really, why would it? The blond was tapping away at the smart watch on his wrist with one hand and running gel through his short hair with the other. Alec rolled his eyes a bit. He wished he could get away with chaotically running product through his hair and spritzing on the first cologne he saw. Finn had been right when he said he’d been gifted good genetics.

“You wanna come to the gym? I can put you through a workout?” He waggled his eyebrows and Alec smiled before he could stop himself.

He made himself roll his eyes, “I couldn’t keep up with you Finn. I think we both know that.”

“That’s the point. Think of how long we could go if we both had my stamina!” Finn beamed after he laughed.

Alec’s nose crinkled and his eyes narrowed as he rubbed his sore lower back. His neck also hurt from the various marks Finn’s mouth had left and the muscles in the back of his legs burned. He shook his head, “I think I’d probably die Finn. Your half of the fun is much easier.”

The blond’s face fell immediately, “Did I hurt you? Are you okay?”

Alec cursed himself at the panic in the other’s voice. Leave it to him to complain about their amazing sex. God, what was wrong with him? He’d been whining about lackluster sex for years and now that he’d found a man who literally almost blew his back out, he was going to whine about it? He shook his head and pushed himself up, walking the few steps to get to the blond, “No, no. I’m fine. Just a little sore. I, uh, have been kind of voluntarily celibate recently and as we’ve already discussed, I’m out of shape.”

“Voluntarily celibate?” Finn tilted his head to the side slowly, “So I’m the first one to touch you in a while?”

Alec made a face as he felt himself heating, “Yeah. You don’t have to say it like that though.”

“No.” Finn’s arms looped around him, “I really should say it that way. I like it.”

Alec raised an eyebrow, “What do you mean weirdo?”

Finn shrugged, tightening his arms so Alec was smooshed against his chest. His arms trapped between them; Alec flattened his hands on Finn’s pecs. Finn leaned forward to kiss his forehead, “I can’t help it. I’m…territorial? Possessive? I like that recently you’ve only been mine.”

Alec’s face exploded with heat, and he groaned, resting his cheek against Finn’s chest, “Be quiet.”

“That’s rich. We both know you’re the loud one, babe. If the walls in my bathroom could talk…well, you wouldn’t be able to hear them over you.” Finn laughed and Alec scoffed and pushed at his chest, trying to escape the other man. Finn didn’t budge an inch, tightening his grip and laughing harder.

“Don’t you have things to do? Places to be!” Alec gasped, still struggling to get away.

“You’re actually right. I couldn’t focus on my workout yesterday. I can’t miss today.” Finn pouted.

His arms loosened but Alec found he didn’t want to get away anymore. He ran his fingertips lightly over Finn’s chest and tilted his head back. Finn took the hint and gave him a sweet kiss that deepened rapidly. Alec moaned and snaked his arms around the taller man’s neck as hands roamed over his body. Finn broke the kiss far too fast for Alec’s liking and rested a hand on the small of his back. Alec’s nose wrinkled when his back arched on instinct. What was he? A bitch in heat?

“You’re a bad influence. I do have to go baby. You can stay here if you want, otherwise lock up if you aren’t leaving when I do.” Finn was pouting more now as he stepped away, rubbing the back of his neck, “I know Herky would love the company.”

“How long are you going to be at work?” Alec asked. He was still breathless from the kiss, and he was far too pleased when Finn called him baby.

“Until around five.” Finn said, yawning.

“What time is it?” Alec frowned. Did the blond not work very long shifts?

“It’s seven.”

“Seven?! When the hell do you get up?” Alec was disgusted and second guessing their dynamic again. Who was this guy even? On working days, the world was still lucky if Alec rolled out of bed before ten. It was one of the perks of having your own schedule. Working hard and making yourself somewhat in-demand really paid off.

“Four. I think we already talked about this. You were about that disgusted then too.” Finn smiled.

Alec followed him out of the bedroom and to the kitchen. He hadn’t looked at it much yesterday. He’d been too busy having a small crisis. Now that he looked around, he noticed it was simple like his bedroom. Small and functional. The outdated cabinets were upgraded a tiny bit with a coat of white paint. The countertops were a fake vinyl that looked like it wanted to be butcher block. The walls were painted cornflower yellow and there was a two-person, wood dining set along the far wall. Finn was a gym rat. Alec wasn’t surprised that interior design wasn’t really his forte. Nina or his mother were probably responsible for most of the decorating.

Alec watched him mix a protein drink and decided his nose was going to be permanently twisted in disgust, “You don’t eat real food?”

“After. I have stuff at the gym. We’ve got a restaurant sort of. More of a glorified kitchenette. It’s pretty basic and is mostly for smoothies but it came with the place, and it’s got a prep area with a stove.” Finn explained, shaking the bottle, and taking the top off another.

“You need two protein drinks?” Alec raised an eyebrow, moving forward to help.

“Nah babe. This one’s for BCAA’s.” Finn grinned, pointing to a black canister next to the one he’d scooped the protein from. Alec pulled it over and twisted it open, digging the tiny scoop out of the green-tinted powder.

“Two scoops and then fill it with water.” Finn was smiling at him as he leaned against the counter. Alec shook his head and followed directions, raising an eyebrow when a sweet smell reached his nose once the water hit powder.

“What is this?”

“The flavor or what’s it for?” Finn asked, wiping his mouth. He set his bottle by the sink, hand reaching toward the faucet.

“Did you just finish that whole thing?” Alec asked, mouth hanging open in horror.

“Yeah. Chug this, put that in the fridge when I get there. It’s base chain amino acids and it’s sour apple flavor.” Finn nodded.

At Alec’s raised eyebrow and confused expression, Finn chucked and gave a detailed explanation of BCAA’s and then pre-workout. He even showed Alec the tub of protein powder and explained why it was the best one. Alec considered himself intelligent, but most of it went right over his blue head.

“Anyway. Gotta get going.” Finn kissed his cheek gently, “You staying or?”

“I’ll head out in a little bit.” Alec said. He didn’t acknowledge Finn’s slightly disappointed look, “I’ll lock up when I go?”

“Yeah sure. There’s a key taped to the top of the inside of the mailbox.” Finn said over his shoulder as he started walking around, gathering his gear. Alec trailed behind. Duffle bag, drink, yet another clean shaker bottle, a change of shoes, and a case of wireless headphones. He slipped his feet into black slides and turned to Alec.

“I feel like you should get another hiding place.” He said as he stepped forward to give Finn a chaste kiss.

“It’s small-town Iowa. I was going to say you could just leave the door unlocked, but I get nervous with Herky.” Finn said as he shooed the dog away from the door.

“True. He is definitely worth stealing.” Alec giggled, wrapping his arms around himself as he watched Finn’s back.

“Well that, and the freaking terrorist can open doors.” Finn sighed.

“Don’t you call him that!” Alec gasped, making a big show of covering the dog’s floppy ears. Herky looked between the two. Alec smiled at the dog’s look. The lights were on but no one was home. The dog was just happy to be involved.

“Anyway, told you about key. Uh, would you mind letting him out before you go. I’m kinda behind schedule after someone distracted me.” Finn smirked and Alec’s insides squirmed at the attention.

“Okay. Just let him onto the patio?”

“Yes, thank you.” Finn nodded as he pulled open the door, bracing for Herky to make a run for it. The dog stayed by Alec, rubbing his fluffy cheek to the man’s hip, “Alright, traitor. I’m your dad, but that’s cool. You’ve replaced me.”

“You called him a terrorist!” Alec exclaimed, petting the animal’s head.

“Sure, sure.” Finn rolled his eyes and shut the door behind him.

Alec frowned as he noticed how quiet the house was without Finn. He bit the fullest part of his lower lip and turned to the kitchen to let Herky out. He waited by the door and looked around. It was strange how much duller every space felt when Finn left it. Like all the color had leeched out with his departure. Alec shook his head and sighed. He couldn’t start getting upset every time Finn left. He’d lived without him for a long time. He could survive not seeing him for a few hours.

Once Herky was done, he padded to the bedroom. Going around to his side of the bed, he sat and picked up his phone. Then paused. Since when was it his side? Alec rubbed the back of his neck and tapped the screen. He’d deal with that issue later. For now, he was more concerned with the multiple missed calls from his father. Upon further inspection, there were six and they were all close together. He felt his stomach drop and lifted his thumb to his mouth to brutalize his nail. Guilt washed over him, lapping at his good mood until it was fully eroded. Beside the bed, Herky whined. He should’ve had his phone on him. He shouldn’t have been messing around all morning.

 

Don’t worry Finn. You can be my daddy 😉
*scuttles back into my internet cave* Sorry that was a little much 😅
Copyright © 2022 Demiurge; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 31
  • Love 41
  • Wow 3
Thank you for reading and if you choose to do so reacting and commenting.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments




View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..