Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

A Fairy Out of Her Tale - Dear Diary - 61. Scene 61

Late scene is finally here...
To make up for the delay with this scene and for the bad news, here's a drawing of the main cast in chibi form (we'll get a picture of Lóránt on Saturday). The text inside the heart is Daisenian and means "love". 
 
 
Love.jpg

26th January 1995

Dear Nessa,

The third day of your disappearance brings bleak news: Kris has also disappeared. And, much like you, he left us to follow Zhofie. He left a note behind, as if that made the situation any better. This is what he wrote, translated from the original Daisenian:

 

To Lóránt and everyone else,

I think I know where Nessa is. I had a dream about her. She is safe and Zhofie did not hurt her. But she will only let Nessa go if she can get me instead.

So I'm saving everyone the trouble by going there on my own. I will make sure Nessa comes back safely.

Don't come after me. It's not like you know where I'm going.

Kris

 

So obviously Lóránt is looking for him too now. The first thing we learn about demon dreams is that, as prophetic as they can be, they are also one of the easiest things to manipulate. Kris had not shown any aptitude to demon magic ever since he got here. The loss of his horns affected him the same way it did your loss of wings. So anyone with a reasonable amount of logic should be able to conclude that there is no possibility of his dream being true. Zhofie must have sent it to him to lure him there. And now, out of the four people Lóránt was in charge of protecting, only two remain (and potentially not for much longer. Unn and I already have a plan for the moment Lóránt announces they're no longer searching for you). The Child Protection Board is considering taking them away from the job for "gross incompetence". Lóránt might also be persecuted for "child neglect" and "endangerment". We won't know about any final decision until next Monday, but that is another thing Lóránt has to worry about now. It is the evening of Thursday today - can the Board really make such an important decision in such a soshort a time?

The only good thing about this whole affair is that Lóránt is now more motivated than ever to find you and Kris. They're pulling all the stops - Unn and I are to stay in the house tomorrow and miss a school day because our bodyguards will be patrolling the city looking for clues. Lóránt is getting in touch with other angels to help out. If it was not your life that is in danger, I would feel like I was inside a television drama, one of those detective stories with police car chases that Unn likes so much and I never saw the appeal of.

All I can hope for is that we get a happy ending out of this. As much as I blame Unn and Lóránt for what happened to you, and as much as I feel they both should partake in your suffering, it is not my wish to see Lóránt disgraced and out of a job. They are a good guardian angel for the most part, which is more than I can say about the previous guardian angel I lived with before moving here.

The house feels empty without you. Kris's presence never makes a different because he's quiet and anti-social, but you have been away long enough that I am now questioning how I was able to truly enjoy life before I met you.

You are always in my heart,

Lydia

Love.jpg

Thanks for reading, and sorry sorry the scene ended up more than a week late. At least it's here now, and we can all share the agony and hopelessness of Lydia's situation while eagerly waiting for news of Nessa (and now Kris). 
Unfortunately, this month I was asked to double the hours at my actually paid job, which means I have much less time to work on my stories. So I'll have to cut the number of updates of this story to once a week for now (though we're getting to a part of the plot that will require slightly longer scenes, so hopefully it won't feel too bad). I'll post a new scenes on Saturday, and starting next week we'll have new scenes every Tuesday. 
I dream of one day being able to live off my Patreon's money and not have to do any work other than on my stories. Can you imagine? Updates every other day, time to work on my other stories too, getting a book finally published... 
Fun fact: if every view this story gets on the day a new scene is published translated into a $1 tier patron, I would have at least half a week's pay coming from my stories. If only those hours could then be converted into story work time... 
Lydia (or maybe Nessa? Dare we dream?) will be back on Saturday.
On a related note, does anyone know how to keep pictures from showing on all fields in the chapter page? I wanted to have the heart pic show only at the end note section, but no amount of playing around with editing got the job done. Sorry it it means there are too many hearts around... ;) 
 
Love.jpg
Copyright © 2018 James Hiwatari; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

On 6/7/2018 at 1:36 PM, Wesley8890 said:

Omg I !missed you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What does it say about me and the story that, 2 months on, that comment is still so horribly accurate...

 

I missed you too! *goes for the hug*

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..