Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

A Fairy Out of Her Tale - Dear Diary - 57. Scene 57

In which Nessa is a good friend...

23rd January 1995

Dear Diary of Fishy Tales,

 

That last knocking was Unn. As good as it was to see her moving about again, I can't not be annoyed at her sense of timing.

Anyway, Unn is now able to get out of her swimming pool bed. The spell she needs still hasn't been replaced, but as she explained, 'I don't get nearly as dizzy with air currents as I do with water currents, so being in this water tank is actually more comfortable.'

And before you question her logic, I did ask her why she didn't get in her water tank from the beginning if it was so much better. She took my question as well as you could expect: like a personal insult.

'You think I didn't try? That time you saw me on my bed trying not to vomit on your face was as far "out of the water" as I could get then. I was too dizzy to even try to move on to the tank. I had to wait until the world was spinning just a little less before I could safely do the transfer, or I could get seriously hurt.' She glared daggers at me. 'Then, again, it's not like you understand how complicated those things are.'

I bit my tongue. It took a loooooot of effort, but I bit my tongue. Of course I didn't understand! I didn't even know merepeople could live outside the water until I met her! If only she was a little more understanding...

That said, she's the one who's been sick for ages, having a miserable time while I was having all sorts of fun with my girlfriend. In her place I would be grumpy too. Maybe I should cut her some slack this time. But only this time.

'Has Lóránt found someone who can help you already?'

'Yes. That's why I came to call you. A demon-doctor-spellcaster of some sort will be here soon. It's up to you if you want to hide or watch her do whatever it is that she'll do to me.'

'I can watch? Don't you want privacy for something like that?' Not that I wanted to watch, but still...

'If it's anything like last time, she won't even touch me directly. I don't understand why I would need privacy?' Unn shrugged. The movement seemed to have a more dramatic effect than intended, though, because she swayed a little and ended up grabbing my shirt to stabilise herself. 'Sorry.' She let her forehead rest against my chest. As annoyed as I was, I didn't have the heart to move her away. 'I really hope the demon can sort this out. I can't stand the dizziness anymore.'

'Is there a chance it won't work?'

'I'm here, ain't I? You never know with demons. One day they are on your side, the next they're binding you to their will and using your family as bargaining chips.'

Was that what happened to her, then? I shouldn't ask more details, at least not while she looked so frail, holding on to me like I was the only thing keeping her steady (which I probably was, but still...) 'Are you scared?'

'Scared of everything going to shit? Probably.'

'You'll be fine. Lóránt will be there too, right? They won't let anything happen to you.'

'Can you be there too?'

'Sure, if you want me.' I didn't really want to, but I didn't want to be the kind of person who turns their back on someone who obviously needed help. 'When is that demon coming?'

'Lóránt said she'll be here in an hour.'

And that, Dear Diary, is how I was drafted into witnessing a spell-casting session by a fully grown, obviously powerful demon. The one hour Unn gave me is almost up (she's back in her room with Lóránt preparing to receive the demon). I have no idea what is about to happen.

If you don't hear back from me by tomorrow morning, assume the worst.

Thanks for reading!
A powerful demon casting spells around our heroes? Surely there's no way this can go wrong, or lead to some important plot moments, right?
If you're worried something bad is going to happen and you feel an urge to persuade me to have a party of rainbows and unicorns instead, you can present your case in the official capacity of being my patron.
Of course, if you want an absolute carnage and war and gore, you can use the same link to make your case. I'm one of those people who are easily bribable with monetary incentives, which is probably bad from a moral standpoint, but ideal for the likes of you ambitious readers who want to decide on the outcomes of my own story.
Copyright © 2018 James Hiwatari; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Another great chapter. It seems like Nessa's been requested to witness the demon put the spell back on Unn so she doesn't get sick being in the water. I understand that Nessa isn't comfortable with viewing the demon put the spell on Unn even though Lorant is going to be there as well. I hope that it goes well for Unn and then she can get back to being her usual self, and stays away from the ice cream due to the fact that she gets very ill after eating it. I hope that after this spell all four of the children will become better friends and that they can watch out for each other. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 5/11/2018 at 12:22 PM, Wesley8890 said:

I love your spiels in the end of the chapter's! 

Haha, thanks! I do put some effort into making them enjoyable! :P

 

 

Link to comment
On 5/11/2018 at 6:33 PM, Butcher56 said:

Another great chapter. It seems like Nessa's been requested to witness the demon put the spell back on Unn so she doesn't get sick being in the water. I understand that Nessa isn't comfortable with viewing the demon put the spell on Unn even though Lorant is going to be there as well. I hope that it goes well for Unn and then she can get back to being her usual self, and stays away from the ice cream due to the fact that she gets very ill after eating it. I hope that after this spell all four of the children will become better friends and that they can watch out for each other. 

Well... some of your wishes were definitely right. Others... not so much.

 

And of course, in case there are people out there who look through comments before hitting "next", I won't point out what's what. :D 

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..