Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

A Fairy Out of Her Tale - Dear Diary - 65. Scene 65

In which plans are being made...

29th January 1995

Dear Nessa and Kris

 

I’m sorry I didn’t check the diary earlier! I never really believed you would be able to write back… I’m so relieved for hearing from you that I can’t even question how this magic works!

I gave Kris’s writing to Lóránt. Tomorrow is the deadline, the court case that will likely end with us being sent somewhere else and Lóránt stripped of their career. We tried to give Kris’s writing to the police, but they laughed at us, as if this was Lóránt’s last desperate attempt to keep their reputation and their job.

‘You are making this up,’ the police officer threw the diary on the table. The cover almost fell apart with the impact. ‘This old bundle of paper can’t have magic in it. Even if it once did, nothing survives in an inanimate object this long. I know you’re desperate, Lóránt, but this is low even for you!’

So apparently the police is not going to help us. Worry not, however! We have not given up on you, and we have decided (or rather, Unn and I pestered Lóránt until they relented) to go after you anyway. If we are all going to lose everything tomorrow anyway, we might as well go out doing something meaningful.

Which is not to say we plan to fail our mission. We have every intention of succeeding. Lóránt is confident in their strength, and Unn and I are not about to let our friends be taken away by Kris’s family and be turned into soulless machines.

We will be prepared for the dogs and for Zhofie’s spells. Can you give us an idea of what the house is like inside so we know where to head to? And any other internal security tips?

We are coming for you, my friends. Do not lose hope.

 

Lydia (and Unn and Lóránt)

Thanks for reading!
The rescue is really happening! Our damsels Nessa and Kris are about to have their trio of knights in shinning armour stomp through evil Zhofie's fortress and save the day! Isn't that wonderful? Isn't that the most romantic thing that could ever happen to her? Isn't that the most cliché thing I ever wrote?
Worry not, though, for I have something special up my sleeves. Hopefully (it's summer around here, so I barely have any sleeves...).
And if you don't want to wait a whole week to know what kind of magic I'll come up with, you can always part with $1 a month, become one of my beloved patrons, and get to know absolutely everything that is going to happen in the story before anybody else.
Copyright © 2018 James Hiwatari; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I'm glad that Lorant, Lydia and Unn are planning a rescue mission to save Nessa and Kris. I hope that it works out for the best for all involved. I don't understand why Kris's family has kidnapped Nessa and Kris, what is it that they're trying to get from them. I think I might've missed a chapter before because I wasn't aware that Nessa was able to send a message via magic to the diary, so that they were able to get an idea of where they are being held against their will by Kris's family. I hope that Nessa and Kris are found safe and unharmed, I also hope that when the rescue happens that the police will be able to go in and arrest Kris's family for kidnapping Nessa and Kris. Great chapter, I look forward to reading more about the rescue. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
20 hours ago, Wesley8890 said:

Cops are dicks...

Those definitely are... 

 

Which is no way implying that only those cops are dicks, of course. ;) 

Link to comment
19 hours ago, Butcher56 said:

I'm glad that Lorant, Lydia and Unn are planning a rescue mission to save Nessa and Kris. I hope that it works out for the best for all involved. I don't understand why Kris's family has kidnapped Nessa and Kris, what is it that they're trying to get from them. I think I might've missed a chapter before because I wasn't aware that Nessa was able to send a message via magic to the diary, so that they were able to get an idea of where they are being held against their will by Kris's family. I hope that Nessa and Kris are found safe and unharmed, I also hope that when the rescue happens that the police will be able to go in and arrest Kris's family for kidnapping Nessa and Kris. Great chapter, I look forward to reading more about the rescue. 

Look at me, changing my comment reply strategy so I can actually talk about stuff said on the comments on a timely manner. 
(I'm still planning to say something about most of the older ones, I'm just prioritising the most recent stuff for now)

 

I don't think Nessa and Kris understand why his family has kidnapped her either, so don't worry, it's a feature, not a bug. 

It turns out the diary is somehow magically connected to Nessa, so it manifests wherever she is, even if its physical body is somewhere else. It's because the diary is able to be in two places at once that Lydia and Nessa can send messages to each other.

Handy power, eh?

 

We'll see about the rescue when the time comes... ;) 

  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..