Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

A Fairy Out of Her Tale - Dear Diary - 7. Scene 07

In which Nessa has a plan...

3rd January, 1995

Dear Diary of Contrived Coincidences,

 

You and your mouth! (page?) You did it again!

Just because we were talking about overstaying my welcome, I found a house in the middle of the forest!

I'm sort of hiding from it now. It's right in the middle of my path. The river I've been using as my guide goes straight through it. And I can't just walk around the house's perimeter because 1) it's huge 2) the area round it is kind of slopy, and my feet are tired enough without me going uphill. At least this means I'm going in the right direction - I'm heading towards the triple frontier between the fairy forest, the giant mountains, and the shape-shifter deserts. If this is the beginning of the mountains, the desert can't be too far ahead.

But that's assuming I can get through this part of the forest. I'm not supposed to contact any other fairy now. Mum would have spread the message that a tainted fairy is roaming the forests, so the people living here are probably expecting me to come by. They won't go as far as killing me for trespassing, but technically everything else is fair game.

I'm going to stay hidden until nightfall. I could use the rest anyway. I don't think I walked this much every day since... I don't think I ever walked this much. I never needed to.

I'm going to wait here, sitting nicely on this branch hidden by foliage, and wait until nobody can see anything. Then I'll jump through that fence and dash through the house, hopefully without destroying their garden or stomping on their pretty flowers.

Sounds like a plan, doesn't it?

Then wish me luck, because I'm even worse at running than I am at walking.

Thanks for reading!
This scene is a little on the short side, even for Nessa's standards. We're on to something here - most likely a horrible leading to some action scene leading to some... plot?
It's definitely the beginning of the end for Nessa's journey in the forest, I can say that much.
As for exactly how this is going to go horribly wrong... any guesses?
We'll find out on Tuesday!
(Unless you go to my profile and follow the link to become my patron, in which case you get to read all the way to Scene 10 right now, among other rewards).
Copyright © 2018 James Hiwatari; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 6
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

On 1/14/2018 at 12:03 PM, D.K. Daniels said:

Maybe she stumbled upon the witch in the forest- she might be the one to save Hansel and Gretel, I kid. Good work.

 

Wrong witch, sorry. Hansel and Gretel won't be saved by Nessa this time (that particular witch lives slightly further ahead). :P

 

The witch Nessa is about to face is scary for more... personal reasons. 

Which means she would love to be the one saving the kids instead. She might even rant to (Diana) the Diary about it at some point. 

She could swear fairy tales were more predictable than this! :/

  • Like 1
Link to comment
13 hours ago, James Hiwatari said:

 

Wrong witch, sorry. Hansel and Gretel won't be saved by Nessa this time (that particular witch lives slightly further ahead). :P

 

The witch Nessa is about to face is scary for more... personal reasons. 

Which means she would love to be the one saving the kids instead. She might even rant to (Diana) the Diary about it at some point. 

She could swear fairy tales were more predictable than this! :/

Oh darn, Hansel and Gretel will be a brewed concoction by the time she makes it to the next house in the middle of the woods. I can't wait to see what she has to say to Dianna :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..