Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

A Fairy Out of Her Tale - Dear Diary - 60. Scene 60

In which Lydia is making plans...

25th January 1995

Dear Nessa,

This is Lydia again. Another day goes by in which we have no news of you. Lóránt has not given up, however, so please be patient. We are coming for you.

Even if Lóránt does give up, I shall not. And neither will Unn. I will ask for my emancipation earlier if I have to, if Lóránt considers me still a child unable to search by myself. I have spoken of my fears of leaving this house many times to you, but if it is a choice between watching everyone giving up on you and turning into an adult so I can officially live my life as I wish, the choice is clear. I will search for you high and low, up to Skull Island if I have to.

Unn is also feeling guilty for your situation. She believes that if she had not asked you to watch the spell-casting session, Zhofie would not have been able to hypnotise you. She has already committed to finding you whatever it takes. This is motivated more of guilt than of friendship, as far as I can tell, but I will not questions those who share my objective. Even if I agree with her assessment of the situation. I blame Unn for putting you in this situation. And part of me wants to never forgive her for it. If we never find you again...

If we never find you again, I will make Unn suffer as much as you must have been suffering in the hands of the demons. As a dwarf, I believe in communication and empathy. I will communicate your pain to Unn and make her empathise with your suffering in the best way I can. Not that any of this will bring you back. But I will feel better knowing that the being who caused you such distress is in the same boat. You understand, of course.

I shall write in your diary every day until your return. This is proof of how much you are missed. How much I care about you. And through these writing you will be able to know what happened in your absence when you finally return to us. You will return. So I must prepare to receive you with love, affection and comfort.

I wish there was a spell that could be cast in this diary to enable you to feel its contents as I write them. If nothing else, we could use it to communicate. Even as a one-way communication from me to you it would be useful. You must be scared now. Hurt. Not even the Great Builder of Worlds could possibly know what you are going through right now. If I still believed in prayers, I would be asking both our sacred creators to guide our reunion. But my faith was gone a long time ago. I have instead admired yours, how you kept thinking of your Mother Deity even after they stripped you out of the very essence of your being.

Would your wonderful Mother Deity even be able to hear me? Would they hear you after they took away your wings and your powers and made it clear you are to blame for a death that was in self-defence and in no way your fault?

Despite my misgivings, I do hope someone is listening. That soon you will be back by my side and we will have the great times we always did.

Please be safe.

I love you.

Lydia

Thanks for reading!
Nessa is still gone. How much longer will we have to read a part of Nessa's story that wasn't actually written by Nessa?
(Please ignore that question if you actually enjoy the slight change and wants Lydia to write for a little longer)
All I can say is that we'll definitely find out what is up with Nessa. But weather this means she's coming back anytime soon will remain to be seen...
All that is left for me to say is that a writer with financial security is a happy and creative writer who can keep making better and better stories. So if you want to make FOHT even more amazing that it really is (I'm not blowing my own trumpet here - a trumpet happens to be one of the few instruments I don't own and don't have any interest in learning to play), how about you head to my Patreon page and bribe to give Nessa the happy ending she deserves?
Important Announcement: I'm going away tomorrow to a for a week-long work trip. As much as it pains me to leave you hanging at such a delicate moment as this, I won't be able to update the story while I'm away. Scene 61 will be up on the 27th of May.
(And suddenly that Patreon link became much more interesting...)
Copyright © 2018 James Hiwatari; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I haven't been able to go to the patreon page as of yet due to an unfortunate situation with my income being taken away from me. I hope that Nessa is alright and she's able to go back to the house very soon. I think it's great that Lydia is thinking about what Nessa could be going through and wants to have Unn feel the same way without having to leave the house. Lydia's feelings for Nessa show in the writing she's doing in Nessa's diary, Lydia just lets her feelings flow right on to the page. I love the way Lydia says that if she has to ask for her emancipation early in order to be able to go out and look for Nessa. I don't know what Kris feels about Nessa being gone. Lorant must not give up on finding Nessa or her coming back home into the loving arms of Lydia. Another great chapter in the saga of Nessa. I hope that your business trip goes well for you and then you'll be back to write more of the story. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 5/18/2018 at 11:54 PM, Wesley8890 said:

I'll admit that patreon page is getting more interesting

So how much more interesting do I need to make it so that becomes a temptation you cannot resist

 

Just wondering... ;) 

Link to comment
On 5/19/2018 at 4:24 AM, Butcher56 said:

I haven't been able to go to the patreon page as of yet due to an unfortunate situation with my income being taken away from me. I hope that Nessa is alright and she's able to go back to the house very soon. I think it's great that Lydia is thinking about what Nessa could be going through and wants to have Unn feel the same way without having to leave the house. Lydia's feelings for Nessa show in the writing she's doing in Nessa's diary, Lydia just lets her feelings flow right on to the page. I love the way Lydia says that if she has to ask for her emancipation early in order to be able to go out and look for Nessa. I don't know what Kris feels about Nessa being gone. Lorant must not give up on finding Nessa or her coming back home into the loving arms of Lydia. Another great chapter in the saga of Nessa. I hope that your business trip goes well for you and then you'll be back to write more of the story. 

I hope your situation gets better soon (or has it already? It has been 3 months...) 

 

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..