Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

A Fairy Out of Her Tale - Dear Diary - 53. Chapter 53

This scene is late because the site wouldn't let me post it before. I'm sure I'm not the only one affected by the lag...?

22nd January 1995

Dear Diary of Exciting Romantic Developments,

 

Lydia and I are going on a date! A date!

She invited me last night. We were cuddling in bed after, you know, the most amazing sex I've ever had and Holy Mother Deity how can someone so tiny have so much energy and that's not even mentioning her mouth and...

I digress.

The point is that she was lying half on the bed, half on top of me, her hand describing circles on my chest and accidentally-on-purpose brushing my nipple every now and then. Her eyes were closed and she had that self-satisfied smile of someone who knows they've given their loved one the time of their life. I was almost falling asleep when I felt her beard close in on my neck and jaw, and the next thing I know she's whispering in my ear. 'We should go on a date. I can't wait to kiss your pretty face in public.'

As if I would ever say no to that!

Though once we started to plan what to do and where to go (in that dreamy state of mind of those who are not quite asleep, but can't quite fight the aftereffects of passionate intimate bonding), I realised I don't actually know anything about Enkyo. I haven't been out of the house since I arrived 12 days ago. Can you believe that?

I almost woke up again when I realised I haven't stepped outside or felt the fresh air in my face for so long. This wouldn't even be possible back home (home? It's not home anymore, is it?), with the way we build our houses to make sure we are always outside. The only times I spent more than 24 hours with a roof over my head were when I was so sick I couldn't get out of bed. Even then, mum or Morumpi would find a way to drag me outside for some fresh air after a day of confinement. Morumpi would put me on his back and walk me around the garden, maybe feed me a fruit or two if I wasn't too sick.

I used to feel really bad too when I was confined indoors. Sure, I would be feeling bad because of the sickness already, but this was a different kind of bad. It was like a part of me had gone missing, drifted apart, and I could hear it calling me in the distance. If I didn't go out after a day in bed, I would start to get worse instead of better. And I'm sure I'm not the only fairy who feels like that. It's our nature. We are meant to be close to nature all the time.

But for those last 12 days I haven't felt that way at all. Nothing called me from the outside. Nothing pulled me away from this prison of brick and concrete that keeps a roof over your head no matter where you go. Is it because Enkyo is such an ugly place with so little nature that there isn't enough of it to pull me towards it? Or is it because now that my wings are gone I can't hear nature's call anymore?

Am I fated to forget my link to nature, to my nature? Will I ever feel that pull again? Are those feelings going to become just distant memories as I get older and they fade from my mind?

I don't want this! I can't let it happen!

Lydia and I are going out in half an hour. We're supposed to be getting ready now. She's in her room making herself pretty for me, and I'm supposed to be doing something like that too, only... I don't actually have any pretty clothes or make-up to wear for something as special as a date. I've only got the bare minimum clothes to not live in unhygienic conditions. I've never had the opportunity to go on a shopping spree since I arrived here. So I don't know what I'm going to wear...

...

Holy Mother Deity! I can't believe what just happened!

Here I was, writing to you in utmost misery, when I hear a knock on the door. To my sheer disbelief, who do I see if not Kris, his usually pale face turned a deep shade of red. He's holding a pink sparkly dress, and gestures towards his room. 'Want to come get one?' he asks.

'You have dresses in your room?'

'Yes. You don't have any. If you want one for the meeting.'

I'm just as clueless as you are about why he was suddenly so nice and so blushy and, dare I say, so adorable. He is supposed to be scary, right?

Anyway, I told him I'm just going to sort a few things and I'll be right along. He couldn't be making some kind of evil plan to make me scared of him, right? He knows Lóránt won't let him get away with hurting his housemates. So I'm going to believe Kris just had a heart transplant and wants to show me his pretty dresses and I might get a nice outfit for my date after all.

Wish me luck!

Thanks for reading!
Did Kris really have a heart transplant? Or does he have some secret glittery side he pulls out only when he feels particularly fabulous? And what is it with all the blushing?
The demons must have kidnapped the real Kris and swapped him for a clone who completely missed the memo about his real personality. It was all a plan to get to Nessa. She’s in danger!
Quick, become my patron so you can save Nessa before the demons get to her! You’re the only one who can!
(If Nessa is kidnapped by the time the next scene ends, we know who to blame.)
Copyright © 2018 James Hiwatari; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Another great chapter. So it appears that Nessa and Lydia are going on a date outside the house. Nessa didn't have anything to wear then as she's writing this page in her diary Kris shows up with a dress and tells Nessa to come with him to get a pretty dress for her date. Is everyone in the house aware of their plans to go on the date or is it just me. I hope that Kris is starting to come around to the friendly way as Lorant asked them to. I hope that the date goes well for Nessa and Lydia, and that hopefully Unn is getting better as well. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 5/3/2018 at 11:42 AM, Butcher56 said:

Another great chapter. So it appears that Nessa and Lydia are going on a date outside the house. Nessa didn't have anything to wear then as she's writing this page in her diary Kris shows up with a dress and tells Nessa to come with him to get a pretty dress for her date. Is everyone in the house aware of their plans to go on the date or is it just me. I hope that Kris is starting to come around to the friendly way as Lorant asked them to. I hope that the date goes well for Nessa and Lydia, and that hopefully Unn is getting better as well. 

What can be better than two teens in love going on a date, right? 

Can we pretend I'm not taking almost 4 months to reply to this so that it seems like my comment is just an innocent nod the way the story seems to be going? ;) 

  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 5/3/2018 at 3:34 PM, Wesley8890 said:

Noooooo! Someone beat me to commenting!!!

Oh no! Quick, go comment on the newest scene before someone else does! 

:P

  • Like 1
Link to comment
2 hours ago, James Hiwatari said:

What can be better than two teens in love going on a date, right? 

Can we pretend I'm not taking almost 4 months to reply to this so that it seems like my comment is just an innocent nod the way the story seems to be going? ;) 

You’re forgiven, it’s got to be stressful for you to keep track of everything you write and then go read the comments about it, then you have to keep writing so you don’t get to far behind.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..