Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

A Fairy Out of Her Tale - Dear Diary - 69. Scene 69

This is the short introduction to something much, much bigger...

Nessa? Nessa? Are you there?

It’s been an hour and you haven’t written anything yet. Did something happen?

I haven’t said anything to Lydia so she doesn’t get distracted (though it wouldn’t hurt to stop that dry-arse looping tune), but I’m worried. You jump in to answer even before I’m done writing, but now…

You have either gone to sleep or something really bad happened. I wish I could urge Lydia to go faster. Hold tight, Nessa, we’re coming!

I must now acknowledge the possibility that you and Kris have been taken by Zhofie or some other monster, and that if it is the case, our plan to rescue you is in jeopardy. I will warn Lóránt, doing my best to not cause Lydia unwanted despair.

But you must know, Zhofie, that we will never forgive you for what you did. We will come get you, and you’ll be sorry you ever hurt Nessa (and Kris too, I guess? I think we’re supposed to care about him…)!

Reveal your true self, monster! Stop your little games and let’s pl

 

THIS IS A CUSTOMER SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT - PLEASE DO NOT TURN OFF, UNPLUG OR OTHERWISE CLOSE OR INCAPACITATE YOUR REMOTE ALWAYS WITH YOU DIARY

 

YOU HAVE ENTERED THE PASSWORD FOR RETRIEVING CONFIDENTIAL LOCKED INFORMATION. DO YOU WISH TO CONTINUE?

(PLEASE CIRCLE AS APPROPRIATE)

YES / NO

 

What is this? Is that you, Nessa? Or Zhofie?

 

YOU HAVE ENTERED THE PASSWORD FOR RETRIEVING CONFIDENTIAL LOCKED INFORMATION. DO YOU WISH TO CONTINUE?

(PLEASE CIRCLE AS APPROPRIATE)

YES / NO

 

What happens if I write YES?

 

(PLEASE CIRCLE AS APPROPRIATE)

YES / NO

 

Fine, I get it! Whatever this is…

 

(PLEASE CIRCLE AS APPROPRIATE)

YES / NO

Thanks for reading!

This post is a little short, but that’s because next week we’re in for something BIG (though hopefully not in Comic Sans).
And by BIG I mean over-7000-words BIG.
I was planning to post that big part today or tomorrow to celebrate my coming back, but when I was working on scene 70, I realised that the content I want to put there is even bigger than the 7000 words. Scene 71 will have the rest of it, but I haven't written it yet, and I know it's going to be another BIG thing (don't know if 7000-words BIG, but BIG still).
So, in order to make sure I don't run out of epic scenes, you guys get just the teaser today, and the big stuff next Tuesday. At least you won't wait as much as my patrons for it...

That said, if you become my patron you won't have to wait to read the 7000 scene at all, because I'm posting it today for them!
What is that confidential information that takes 7000 words to unravel? I'm sure you're dying to find out...
Copyright © 2018 James Hiwatari; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

3 minutes ago, Wesley8890 said:

Omfg I missed you

I missed you too!

It's good to be back! :D

 

(Also I feel like I missed a big opportunity to make some joke with scene 69... not that it would've fit the current plot, but still.)

(Maybe I can do that with the Orchestra. It's nearly there...)

Link to comment

Definitely not very good for those of us with visual impairments!

 

Please have some consideration for your readers and never use that font again!

Link to comment
19 minutes ago, jodpac said:

Definitely not very good for those of us with visual impairments!

 

Please have some consideration for your readers and never use that font again!

That font is the evillest thing ever realised in screen mediums. 

All I can say for the moment is that I do not thread on this evilness without care. Due consideration of its evilness has been taken before the decision was made. 

And the reason for this decision might have a lot to do with the word "evilness". But saying more than that is spoiling a great deal of the epicness that is to come.

(Rest assured that you're not about to read 7000 words of Comic Sans. Even I can't be that evil!)

 

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..