Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

A Fairy Out of Her Tale - Dear Diary - 37. Scene 37

In which everything is going too well...

15th January 1995

Dear Diary of Unhealthy Fixations,

 

I didn’t need to be afraid of nightmares, because I didn’t have any. All I dreamed of was Lydia. Her body, her lips, her warmth. She’s really warm, actually. I woke up sweating just from lying next to her. Must be because of all that body hair.

And after almost waking up from the sound of pen and paper, she slept like a rock. I woke up first, stared at her for an eternity (because she’s cute and gorgeous like that), and she finally woke up. Her sleepy eyes blinked twice, and I could see the moment she remembered she hadn’t slept in her room.

‘Morning, my precious.’ She grinned. ‘Your bed is really big.’

‘Does that mean you want to sleep here more often?’

‘I could sleep here every night.’ She licked her lips. Somehow even her beard ooozed sexiness.

That was another one of those moments where I wanted to come up with the most irresistible pick-up line. Something about us together in bed. About how next time our bodies should be naked and touching and how I didn’t even mind all her hair. But obviously, by now you know how great my flirting abilities are, so you can imagine what I said instead:

‘I could kiss your beard.’

At least Lydia laughed. Hopefully she thought I was joking. Please, Mother Deity, never let her know that’s the true extent of my flirting abilities.

‘We would be here the whole day if I were to list every part of you I want to kiss. Not that that’s a bad thing.’

There. That’s how you flirt. Take note, Nessa, and say something actually worth saying next time!

By now you probably know without me having to bother spelling it out that Lydia’s invitation was all I needed to get some intense kissing session started.

Breakfast? What is breakfast when your mouth is busy with something so much more entertaining than eating? I’m sure I could’ve gone without lunch and dinner too. It seemed easy enough to just lay there with Lydia for the rest of my life. You know how that’s like, right?

Or maybe you don’t because you’re a diary and you’re made of paper and I don’t think you can have a girlfriend as such. Or can you?

See, I would know more about what it is like to be an inanimate object that just sits there while I write and only occasionally sort of answers my questions if you actually talked to me every now and then. Would it hurt you to get some dialogue going? Just because you’re into passive listening it doesn’t mean you can’t take an active role once in a while.

(I hope Lydia never reads this and realises her lover thinks diaries can talk back. Just because I have faith in you, it doesn’t mean I expect everyone else to do so too.)

Either way, you have no idea how much I want to write that kissing Lydia was all I did for the whole day and the whole week and the whole of my existence. That would’ve been the perfect story, wouldn’t it? The kind of thing that would make people melt their hearts from my budding romance.

I got diahorrea instead.

Sorry to be blunt. But how else can I make you understand why I had to suddenly dash off to my bathroom and why Lydia wasn’t on my bed anymore by the time I got back? I’m sure she was scared off by the horrible dooming sounds I made. And the apocalyptical smell.

I have rotten luck. No pun intended. Though by this point I might as well find a reason to laugh at all this ridiculousness.

I’m going to find Lydia now and see if I can salvage at least some of my reputation.

We’ll continue this later.

Thanks for reading!
(Sorry it's almost not Sunday anymore. Tuesday's scene will be up bright and early, though, as I have to be on a train to London at 9:40 am and I plan to have everything taken care of before I leave.)

Nessa is really unlucky, isn't she?
Or is she just the victim of a writer who wants to drag on the romance and milk it as much as possible?
To be honest, it's more likely that she's the victim of a writer who is easily amused by toilet humour.
Random fact: did you know Mozart was also found of poop jokes?
No comparison implied here. Probably.
Anyway, you know the deal after 37 scenes. I have a Patreon, I like it when people sign up for it, and your reward is to be my BFF forever and gain access to all sorts of dirty secrets in Nessa's life (link is on my profile).
See you Tuesday!
Copyright © 2018 James Hiwatari; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Another great chapter. It appears that Nessa is settling in at her new home especially now that she has someone special in which to share her bed with. Nessa seems really infatuated with Lydia and the same can be said for Lydia for Nessa. After waking up together all Nessa can think of is kissing Lydia's beard, and Lydia said they would be there almost all day if she were to kiss the places she wanted. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 3/25/2018 at 9:44 PM, Wesley8890 said:

Do you know how long I've been waiting on this dorky chapter! I love nessa!!!!

The only thing that would've made this better was if the next scene didn't turn out... the way it did.

 

That said, I've just finished writing scene 54, which...

(technically, I'm not supposed to continue this sentence. But just because I like you - and because I took a month to reply to this - I'll give you one word about it: "date")

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 3/25/2018 at 10:22 PM, Butcher56 said:

Another great chapter. It appears that Nessa is settling in at her new home especially now that she has someone special in which to share her bed with. Nessa seems really infatuated with Lydia and the same can be said for Lydia for Nessa. After waking up together all Nessa can think of is kissing Lydia's beard, and Lydia said they would be there almost all day if she were to kiss the places she wanted. 

I know as an author I shouldn't be biased towards pairings and the likes, but those two are actually growing on me. 

My original plan was to have Nessa end up with someone else, but who knows? The plot is writing itself at this point, and fairies have always been poly, so...

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..