Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

A Fairy Out of Her Tale - Dear Diary - 35. Scene 35

In which the romance blossoms.

14th January 1995

Dear Diary of Mother Deity’s Sacred Underpants,

 

Lydia is my new lover!
Sort of.
We’re still figuring it out.
But she sure as hell knows how to kiss!

That was quick, wasn’t it? And sudden. But it’s now dinner time and we’ve been together since after breakfast. Getting to know each other. You know, talking (at first, anyway). If nothing else, I made a friend, got a shoulder to cry on, and some luscious lips I can kiss whenever I want.

Her lips…

I’m probably not making much sense to you, am I? I’m just so happy and excited I can’t care about putting a coherent structure to my writing. I’m sure I’ll regret this in twenty years’ time when Lydia and I introduce you to our children and we’ll realise we don’t actually have the detailed written record of the beginning of our relationship that we were hoping to read.

Maybe I shoud write one, then? I don’t want to disappoint children I don’t even have yet!


Look at me thinking about having a family again! Lydia and I can’t have our own biological children and I have no clue how adoption works in Daisen, but of course all I can think about is the four adorable little darlings that look like an exact mixture of us: shorter than me but taller than her, with adorable fairy wings and my amount of body hair (no hairy little monsters in my fantasies, please), but her stocky build and witty grin. They’ll be cutest children in the world and it’ll be the perfect family and we’l live happily ever after.

Anyway, we talked about a lot of things today, but family planning wasn’t one of them. I know Lydia wants some children eventually, but we didn’t discuss details (we were too busy eating each other’s faces by that point). What we did talk about was our mutual instant attraction and our wish to do something about it.

It turns out dwarf dating culture is pretty similar to what I’m used to, though for slightly different reasons. You see, while fairies are free-loving spirits because our Mother Deity taught us love should be freely given and gladly received, the dwarves tend to get intimate with friends because what else can you do when you spend your entire life trapped inside a mountain?

Lydia talked a lot about dwarves and their weird way of life. She didn’t say why she left them, but it’s not hard to guess after all she told me. If I’m already missing nature when I’m in a city where I can still see the sky and smell the fresh(ly polluted) air, I wouldn’t last a day in a place where all I can see is rock (or other hairy dwarves). I’m glad she’s out here now.

 

Lydia just came in with our dinner. We’re eating together in my room today.

And who knows what else…

Should we worry that Nessa’s story might turn into a fairy tale romance instead of the fairy tale of demon-slaying and killer fairies we were promised?
(Because everybody knows that romance and demon-slaying can never go hand-in-hand. Right?)
Well, Nessa will go slay demons with her new girlfriend as soon as the plot sorts itself out.
Probably.
Enjoy the moments of peace while you still can. Though if you want to get to the action quicker, becoming my patron will get you a week’s worth of extra scenes.
Nessa will be back on Friday. Unless Lydia’s presence proves to be too distracting… ;) 
 
Copyright © 2018 James Hiwatari; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I'm glad that Lydia and Nessa are starting a relationship with each other. I hope that When the time comes they'll be ready to fight the demons. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
19 hours ago, Wesley8890 said:

Bring on the demons!!!!!!!

Yes!!!! The demons must the brought forth for your enjoyment!!!!!!

 

But first Nessa needs to sort her love life out. Otherwise, how will she give everything she has to protect her loved ones one the time for the big battle comes?
We can hardly expect her to want to give her life to protect Kris, right? ;) 

Link to comment
18 hours ago, Butcher56 said:

I'm glad that Lydia and Nessa are starting a relationship with each other. I hope that When the time comes they'll be ready to fight the demons. 

Hold on tightly, we're in for a bumpy ride! 
(and one of those sickening ones with so many turns you lose sense of direction and expel remains of your lunch on average every 5 seconds)

 

There will be demons. There will be romance. There will be Lydia and Nessa doing the romance and the demon-slaying. 

Probably. 

 

I'm going to be mean and not commit to things one way or another, so that you can better enjoy all the twists and turns still to come. 

Link to comment

I am having a problem with your story, Jams, you keep shifting pronouns. Is Nessa male or female and how many persons are represented by the guardian angel? You use plural pronoun and verb forms for her.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
13 hours ago, Will Hawkins said:

I am having a problem with your story, Jams, you keep shifting pronouns. Is Nessa male or female and how many persons are represented by the guardian angel? You use plural pronoun and verb forms for her.

What do you mean keep changing pronouns? Nessa has always been "she", unless there's a typo somewhere I'm not seeing?

And like I explained before, Lóránt is one person whose pronoun is singular "they". It takes some getting used to, but it does click after a while. If it's any consolation, Lóránt's mother language hasn't got any gendered pronouns at all, so it's much easier to express non-binary identities in general...

 

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..