Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

A Fairy Out of Her Tale - Dear Diary - 45. Scene 45

In which we find out what happened with all that ice cream...

17th January 1995

Dear Babysitting Diary,

 

I spent too much time with Unn today. She is one of those people that makes you question everything and everyone in a not-nice away. And I didn’t even necessarily want to be with her!

But you remember when she said she could hear my fertilising of the toilet-land? Well, that ability goes two ways. As soon as I came into my room I heard the real, horrible extent of Unn’s food poisoning. I technically knew what was going on (or, more precisely, why it was going on), but I still thought someone was dying next door. It was that bad.

And what did I do? Instead of being responsible and grown-up enough to call for help, I marched into Unn’s room by myself (she has a giant swimming pool for a bed, but you’ll have to wait a bit more to hear me ogle over all the strange things I saw in there). I held her blue, wavy hair out of the day while she emptied all the 3/4 tub of ice cream over the sink and coughed and gagged and wheezed. And I stood there even though she didn’t say a word to me the whole time.

‘Vile. Just vile,’ were her first words to me.

‘But you still think it’s worth it?’

‘I’m ready to do it again.’

‘I don’t think you should.’

‘And I don’t think you should come in uninvited, but we roll with the hand we’ve been given.’ She sent me a sharp look, made worse by the random pink blobs around her lips.

‘I’m sorry I worried enough to come here save your hair from regurgitated ice cream. I guess next time I should just let it get soaked?’ I gave her the same look back. Don’t get me wrong, Dear Diary, I'm usually a nice person and I like to be nice to those who deserve it. But by that point I was already tired of getting only sarcastic replies to genuine questions. Who does she think she is to be rude to someone she barely knows? Are all merpeople like that?

Anyway, she just gave me that “I-will-pretend-I-didn’t-hear-your-answer-and-move-on-to-save-my-reputation” kind of look. ‘Do you want to talk about Lydia?’

I wanted to talk about her obvious need for a doctor, but if she wanted to pretend that the blue-ish tinge to her otherwise brown skin was not fast turning into the main colour of her face, then who was I to spoil her plans? ‘I want to tell her I’m sorry and that it was a misunderstanding. It won’t happen again.’

‘Ok. You’ll no longer poop in her presence. Got it.’

‘Please say it the way I told you. I thought you were trying to help us get back together?’

Unn stared at me in silence. I thought it was another attempt at sarcasm and evasion at first, but her eyes suddenly bulged and her face turned bluer than artificial candy. The next thing I know, my shirt is smeared in smelly slime and Unn’s upper body is lying unconscious over my shoulders.

This time, I called Lóránt. As in, screamed my lungs off until someone heard what was happening. Unfortunately, Kris was the first one to come. I thought he was going to be his usual rude self, but he seemed to catch on to the seriousness of the situation and kept surprisingly civil. He nodded at me and ran out of the room, only to be back with our guardian angel a minute later.

Unn is now sleeping in her swimming pool. I don’t know what Lóránt did to her, but he’s put some special merpeople-proof lock on the freezer. I think Unn will be fine, but nobody seemed willing to tell me much more.

On the bright side, I saw Lydia again in the commotion. She almost smiled at me before she realised what she was about to do and scowled instead.

Progress, I guess???

Thanks for reading!
This is day 3 of your 6-scenes-week. Half way already?!
Maybe there is something positive out of Unn's intentional food poisoning? Could this be the beginning of the end for Nessa's romantic troubles? (when even Kris behaves sort of appropriately, you know you're into something good)
And for those worried about Unn... (is there anyone?) She'll probably be fine. Probably.
(If you want to be my patron, you can generally find out sooner. Not that it's a good bargain chip to use in the week I'm posting everyday, but what can I do? Maybe puppy eyes?)
Copyright © 2018 James Hiwatari; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 4
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I hope Unn will be okay after eating the rest of the ice cream that Lydia left when she ran from Nessa. Nessa was trying to be a good friend by going in Unn's room to see if she could do something for her. Nessa was holding Unn's hair up away from her face to keep it from the ice cream that came back out, and then Unn has the gall to say that Nessa shouldn't have come into her room with out being asked or given permission to enter. After Nessa telling Unn that she wants Lydia to know that she's sorry for passing gas in her presence, and that she won't make the same mistake again. After that was said Unn passed out right into Nessa's arms, which is why Nessa yelled out for help. I hope that Lorant doesn't get upset with Nessa for Unn eating all of the ice cream that Lydia left. I'm glad that Lorant put a special lock on the freezer to keep Unn away from the ice cream. I can't wait to read the next chapter to see if Lydia goes back with Nessa. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 4/19/2018 at 1:05 AM, Wesley8890 said:

In worried about her! 

I have a feeling this will be a constant for all Unn's friends... 

Link to comment
On 4/19/2018 at 5:51 AM, Butcher56 said:

I hope Unn will be okay after eating the rest of the ice cream that Lydia left when she ran from Nessa. Nessa was trying to be a good friend by going in Unn's room to see if she could do something for her. Nessa was holding Unn's hair up away from her face to keep it from the ice cream that came back out, and then Unn has the gall to say that Nessa shouldn't have come into her room with out being asked or given permission to enter. After Nessa telling Unn that she wants Lydia to know that she's sorry for passing gas in her presence, and that she won't make the same mistake again. After that was said Unn passed out right into Nessa's arms, which is why Nessa yelled out for help. I hope that Lorant doesn't get upset with Nessa for Unn eating all of the ice cream that Lydia left. I'm glad that Lorant put a special lock on the freezer to keep Unn away from the ice cream. I can't wait to read the next chapter to see if Lydia goes back with Nessa. 

Thanks for the long comment!

I really need to catch up to them...

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..