Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

A Fairy Out of Her Tale - Dear Diary - 33. Scene 33

In which Nessa ignores the rules in favour of her crush.

13th January 1995

Dear Diary of Bad Life Decisions,

 

It’s been an hour since we last spoke. Most lights in my room are off. As far as I know, everyone else is asleep. It’s late at night and if I had any common sense I would be trying to sleep too.

But here I am putting on my slippers to sneak into the office to play Fairy Fun Greenhouse.

It’s not that I’m addicted to the game (I mean, I am addicted to the game, but that’s not why I’m circumventing bed-time rules). You see, I can’t get Lydia out of my mind. I have to find out why she spent 5 hours sitting so close to me that my silky smooth thigh was always touching the hairy coarseness of her own. Or why she said my voice “flowed like molten gold” (I’m assuming that’s a compliment) and my eyes “glistened like precious jewells” (that’s definitely a compliment). Or why she would touch my face, bring it closer to hers, make our foreheads and nose touch whenever she wanted to tell me a “secret” like “that skirt looks great on you” or “this house has become more colourful since you came in.”

That’s flirting, right? She was smiling with feral eyes, licking her lips, and wrigling her bushy eyebrows every time she said the word “joystick”. She had to be coming onto me!

It was nice. If I was reading her right, it was nice to feel desired, appreciated. I haven’t had enough physical contact since I left ho—that place that is no longer home. I miss hugging, or having someone casually touch my shoulder as they speak. I miss having someone take my hand to call my attention. I miss kissing people’s cheek as a way of saying “hello”.

Lydia is the first person who seems keen to touch me. Lóránt keeps a respectiful distance. Kris won’t even be in the same room as me if he can help it. And Unn probably hasn’t forgiven me for the intrusive questions I asked about her water tank. But with Lydia… It was almost like being among fairies again.

I guess I’ll have to ask her about it? What is dwarf culture like with physical contact? I know they all live crammed inside mountains, so maybe she’s just used to small spaces with no room to avoid each other? Maybe her touching didn’t actually mean anything, and I’m overcomplicating a situation that should’ve been just a normal interaction.

No, she had to be flirting. The eyebrow wiggle is a universal sign for “I’m saying something completely normal but I really mean something really naughty”. She wanted me to grab her ““““““joystick””””””.

Do you see why I want to play with the actual joystick? I need to forget those dirty thoughts until I can talk to Lydia about it. And I need to be prepared for the possiblity that eyebrow-wiggle is not as universal a gesture as I assumed, and in her culture it means “I have the most non-sexual intentions” instead. Fadalesh is not even her first language (and not her second either, if she can survive on her own around here), so she might have missed the other meaning of “joystick”.

 

Who am I kidding? I’m going to play the video game because I have this wild fantasy that Lydia will be there and offer to grab the joystick that is not made of electronic parts.

Now, if you excuse me, I have some business to attend to.

Thanks for reading! 
Nessa, what are you doing? You haven’t even been there for half a week and you’re already breaking the rules? (Though what are the rules for engaging in intimate contact with fellow housemates? Does it count if she breaks a rule she doesn’t know about?)
At least it’s better to get distracted by Lydia than be constantly reminded of the recent horrible things she’s seen. Nessa will likely need some counselling when that distraction wears off…
My patrons already know whether Nessa met the woman of her rule-breaking dreams or not. If you want to join them, the link is on my profile.
Otherwise, you have until Sunday to see if you can guess how it turned out! ;) 
Copyright © 2018 James Hiwatari; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Nessa seems to really like playing the game so much so that she's willing to break the rules to play it. She's awake in the middle of the night and so instead of trying to get to sleep she goes to play the game. She's got one housemate that wants to stay as far away as he can, another she's alienated by asking to many personnel questions about her water tank, and another that's really wanting to be right by her side. I hope that things will start turning around for Nessa and that she'll start getting along with all of her housemates. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 3/16/2018 at 1:54 PM, Wesley8890 said:

Another great chapter! I don't think I'll ever tire of Nessa

Yay! I'm glad you like Nessa that much - it wouldn't do for people to get tired of the protagonist, right? ;) 

Link to comment
On 3/16/2018 at 2:45 PM, Butcher56 said:

Nessa seems to really like playing the game so much so that she's willing to break the rules to play it. She's awake in the middle of the night and so instead of trying to get to sleep she goes to play the game. She's got one housemate that wants to stay as far away as he can, another she's alienated by asking to many personnel questions about her water tank, and another that's really wanting to be right by her side. I hope that things will start turning around for Nessa and that she'll start getting along with all of her housemates. 

Nessa's relationship with her housemates is a work in progress... 

You'll see what I mean over this next week. But I can say it might take a while for her to be on generally good terms with everyone. Or even everyone at once...

And she's such a nice fairy too, right? Who wouldn't want to be friends with her?

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..