Jump to content
    Tallguyct
  • Author
  • 4,229 Words
  • 662 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Life Goes On - 62. Home Sweet Gay Home

September 1993 – January 1994

Carson returned to their bedroom, “Holy shit, you won’t believe this. My father speaking very calmly just suggested ‘I hope you and your friend Kyle will be able to come over for dinner today’. This could be a major breakthrough with my parents or my dad is setting us up for an encounter. Are you willing to come with me?”

“Hopefully this will be a cordial visit and not as you said an encounter of the worse kind. I will accompany you both for moral support and as your lover. Wow!”

Stopping at a supermarket they bought a bouquet of flowers for mother. Entering the house they both had a feeling of impending doom. Father met them at the door and shook Kyle’s hand. With what appeared to be a sincere smile he said, “We’re glad you both could come.” Mother graciously accepted the flowers offered by her son. They went into the living room and all sat. The boys had no idea what to expect. Father offered them drinks and both boys accepted beer while he had a Scotch on the rocks and mother a glass of wine, something she rarely consumed.

Father spoke, “After you left yesterday we called your Grandfather. You had told us he was aware of the situation for over two years since before your trip to Australia and that he fully supported your friendships. He offered to come over. The three of us talked until after midnight. I must admit your Grandfather is very much up on your life style. He convinced us that your feelings were genuine and not a result of anything we did. He told us we had a choice. Accept both of you as the fine young men you are of reject you and lose you. We realize you are the same person today that you were yesterday and have been for years. While we do not understand the gay situation we will try. While you mother and I are not going to announce to our friends that you are gay we will not hide it. Right now as they say we will take one day at a time.”

Mother than spoke, “Tell us about your new apartment.”

Carson explained, “It is a small two room apartment with a living room, bedroom and a full kitchen in an alcove at the end of the living room. The current occupant has been living there for twenty-five years. She is a ninety-six year old widow and is moving into an assistant living facility. It will be completely renovated with fresh paint, refinished floors, new kitchen cabinets and appliances. As you know we are currently staying with Vlad and Aiden until the apartment is ready. Vlad has lived in the building over thirty years. It is an easy walk to Case-Western Reserve University where Vlad is a professor of political science. I will admit that I have been evasive about my future plans. I am seriously considering applying for graduate school at the university. Having lived in Guatemala I am fluent in Spanish. I am hoping to combine the Spanish and engineering to make the world a better place. I will not be able to begin my graduate studies until January, if I am accepted. Next week I have an appointment with an organization that provides counseling in the area of housing and job placement to members of the Hispanic community, primarily Puerto Ricans. If accepted I will work there as a volunteer or minimum paid counselor until the next school term. The trust fund created for me by Grandfather gives me the financial freedom to work or volunteer where I want.”

Father, who had always been considered a greedy business man by his son was dumbfounded. It was beyond him to comprehend how someone would volunteer when money could be made. He did not understand why his son went into the Peace Corps and now did not understand why he would volunteer here in Cleveland. Father wanted to scream, ‘WHY IN THE FUCK WOULD YOU DO THAT. Instead he just smiled with no comment.

At home that evening Carson and Kyle celebrated the acceptance by his parents in the way two horny, healthy, young men celebrate.

Later that week one night as they cuddled Kyle told his love, “You finally bite the bullet and came out to your parents. I must do the same. I have next Monday off so Saturday immediately after work I’m going home. Wish me luck. If I am not thrown out of the house I’ll return Monday evening.

Carson’s Mother called and again invited him and Kyle for Sunday dinner. She sounded truly disappointed when her son told her Kyle was going home for the weekend. He told his Mother he would meet them at church Sunday morning. This was really a significant event as he had not attended church with his parents except on Easter and Christmas Eve since leaving home for college six years earlier. At coffee hour after church one of his high school classmates, Maryanne Josephs, was talking to him in what might be considered a flirting way. Carson was a little uncomfortable with the way the conversation was going. Suddenly to his surprise his mother appeared at his side, “Oh, hello Maryanne. I’m sorry to drag Carson away but I have a roast in the oven and we really must get home.” Carson knew this was a lie as there was no immediate need for him to leave even if there really was a roast in the oven as he had driven in his own car. As they walked away he whispered, “Thanks Mom.”

She replied, “You looked like you needed rescuing.”

Dinner conversation was actually interesting. Father told about a project he was working on. He then asked about Carson’s interview with the Hispanic organization. Then Mother started asking about the apartment. She wanted to know the color schemes for each room. Carson looked at her with a blank stare. He then replied, “Well, at the suggestion of Vlad all the walls are being painted an off white.” Then, since he had no idea what his mother meant he asked a question. “What color scheme would you recommend?”

“Obviously you don’t want pastels. I believe dark colors would make the place gloomy. I might change my mind when I see it but I think earth tones would be both neutral and masculine. What are you doing about window coverings?”

Carson had no idea what she meant by earth tones and was baffled by her question concerning window coverings.

When he did not reply she continued. “While you can be bold in the bedroom I suggest the living room be subdued. If you would be willing I would love to make suggestions after seeing the place. Marge Murphy just made drapes for their guest room. She is a very talented seamstress and I am sure she would give me some pointers about making them once I know the size of the windows and type of drapes or curtains you want.”

Carson almost burst out laughing when his mother said ‘bold in the bedroom’. He was thrilled that she had taken such an interest in where he and Kyle would live. Before ‘coming out’ he had feared that his parents would tell him they never wanted to see the den of iniquity where he and that man lived. “Mom, Mrs. Simmons is moving out next week. It will be a week or more until the painting and renovations are completed and we can move in. But, I will ask if I can have a key as soon as she moves out so we can measure for furniture and plan window treatments.”

Kyle had called on Sunday afternoon and told his love that everything was fine and that he wanted to stay until after supper on Monday. Since his dad would not be home from work until 5:00 he would stay awhile as he wanted more time with his father. He probably would not return to Cleveland until midnight considering the three hour drive.

Monday evening Carson waited up to hear what had happened. Kyle arrived at 11:30 in a very good mood. “I was able to leave work early Saturday and was home by 7:00 pm. I came out to them over the supper table soon after arriving. You will not believe what my Mother said! She said, ‘So, what news do you have? We have known this since you were in junior high school (about age 13). Did you just figure it out or have you been keeping it a secret?’ Dad then said, ‘Mother and I have discussed this. We did some research and found a book about it. We are happy that you have accepted yourself and found someone to share your life. We hope next time you come home Carson comes with you. We only met him a couple of times. He seems like a nice boy.’ The rest of the visit was great. My mom told me why they stopped going to the church with the name ‘Jesus Love You’ and became Presbyterians. One Sunday the pastor at ‘Jesus Loves You’ based his sermon on Leviticus 20 – ‘If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed and abomination, they shall surely be put to death, their blood is upon them’. My mother told me she did not agree with the pastor but was not going to waste time on someone so narrow minded. She then said, ‘The Old Testament’ is full of rules and laws that no one follows today, why is this one so important. I think that pastor uses such hate speech to encourage people to put more money in the collection plate. You won’t hear that nasty man preaching on adultery since the rumors about him and the organist are probably true.’ That visit was sure a relief. But, I could use a different type of relief.” This was said as Kyle spooned against his love with his rising dick rubbing against the ass crack.

Carson was accepted as a volunteer. His work schedule was three days and two evenings a week. He picked up his mother two days after Mrs. Simmons moved out. The daughter had taken furniture of value and offered the remaining to Carson and Kyle. They kept a tall bookcase and two end tables. The rest was donated to Goodwill. When Carson and his mother arrived workmen were in the process of ripping out the kitchen cabinets. The bookcase was in the hall outside the entrance door and the two end tables had been moved to Vlad’s place. The dark walls and heavy velvet dark blue drapes in the living room gave an immediate impression of gloom. Mother’s comment, “With white walls, venetian blinds and narrow beige drapes this room will be bright and cheery. The fluffy lacey curtains and blackout blinds in the bedroom are perfect for a ninety-six year old lady. Possibly you do not need any drapes or curtains in the bedroom. A cloth valance over the double window and venetian blinds are simple and modern. We need to discuss this with Kyle so you two can make the final decisions.

Two days later both Kyle and Carson had the day off. Neither had strong feeling about the decorating. Both were happy that Mother had taken such and interest in the place where her baby would be living with a man. Mid-morning they picked up Mrs. Saugen. Their first stop was a fabric store where she helped them pick out material for the drapes in the living room and valance in the bedroom. Then she steered them to a furniture store where they selected a futon (type of sofa that opens into a double bed) that would be both a sofa and provide a place for overnight guests. She also helped them select a small kitchen table with four chairs. Then she asked, “What about a bed.” Carson noted she said bed – singular, not beds. When Carson with some fear since he was officially telling his mother he slept with a man told her they would get a queen sized bed his mother’s only comments concerned quality and firmness of mattresses. She led them to the mattress section of the store and told the boys to lay on various beds to select the correct firmness. For the first time the two laid in a bed as far apart as possible. Later they joked about doing it on the bed in the furniture store. Neither had given quality of beds much thought. For the past few years they had slept on dorm beds of various qualities and while in Guatemala Carson’s mattress was stuffed with an unknown substance. She seemed more concerned with quality than the thought of what her son would do on that mattress. Mrs. Saugen insisted on paying for the material, furniture and bed set as a house warming gift. The boys then took her to lunch. By chance two of her friends were having a ladies lunch at the restaurant. Mrs. Saugen seemed pleased that her friends saw her with her son and the handsome man that she introduced as Carson’s good friend and roommate. Carson had never seen his mother so happy. After lunch she asked if they could make a quick stop at the mall. She drug them into Halle’s Department Store where she insisted they pick out dishes, silverware, other kitchen supplies, table cloth, napkins , two sets of sheets, a blanket and bedspread. While she was aggressive in forcing them accept her gifts she was careful that the boys made the final selection on patterns and colors. Carson and Kyle realized that this was the way she was telling them ‘I truly accept your living together’.

A few days later Carson’s father took the boys to an appliance store to buy a TV for the apartment. Carson was more thankful for his father’s show of acceptance than the actual TV. At their Wednesday dinners with Grandpa and Rich computers were discussed. Grandpa was a total virgin when it came to using or even discussing this emerging technology. Rich used them at work where an Information Systems Department supported their use. He admitted he had no idea what went on inside the machines but used them constantly in his work. Kyle, who had studied information systems as part of his graduate studies attempted to explain hardware and software and various programs. Finally a frustrated Grandpa announced, “I assume having such a device would be helpful and in the future essential at home. Rich and I have been discussing an appropriate ‘house warming gift’. Let’s buy a computer for your new home. There is one stipulation, you must teach me to use it. You mentioned hardware and software. I’ve only know about such hard and soft ware as stuff between my legs. Let’s get grandpa modern.”

Note – The widespread access to porn on the World Wide Web did not begin until the late 1990s. Grandpa‘s hands on computer learning would have certainly been more diligent if it was available in 1993. As it became available in a few years Carson, Kyle, Grandpa, Rich and most likely all you readers honed your computer skills while checking out dicks, pecs, asses with one hand on the keyboard and the other busy elsewhere.

A week later the apartment was ready and the furniture had been delivered. The computer with the latest Microsoft Office software containing Word, Excel and PowerPoint has set up. A modem connected it to the internet and over the years the boys and especially Grandpa would learn the joys of finding stuff on the worldwide web.

Vlad insisted on arranging a house warming party with only likeminded men invited. The guest list included an array of men of all ages. Vlad and Aiden along with Lee and Owen, who also lived in the building, arrived early with the food, drinks and party supplies. Next Tom arrived with an older man. The boys were surprised that Tom did not arrive with Peter. They were then amazed when the other four all hugged and kissed this distinguished man. They were shocked beyond belief when Tom introduced his friend, Father Sean McFadden, a Catholic priest. The next to arrive were Grandpa, Rich and another older man, Alex Petro. They later learned that eighty year old Alex’s love, Roland, had befriended Peter, Tom and Peter’s wife Louise in 1956 when as manager of a book store he ordered books not always available to teenagers including The Encyclopedia of Sex. The two had been together over fifty years until Roland passed away a few years ago. Then Professor Peter Smith arrived with two handsome, strong looking young men. Why was Peter, the lover of Tom arriving with two gorgeous men while his partner arrived with an old priest? The handshakes with Peter’s friends were firm and the hands were strong. They were relieved when Peter introduced his son, PT, and son’s lover / partner, David. He explained that the two owned a farm in Medina County and were the proud parents of three: two boys and a girl. “That is an interesting story. David and PT will explain how that happened to you later.” Next, the arrival of Henry, a middle school teacher, and his lover Derick, a veterinarian along with another couple Fred, a former student of Aiden, and his lover, Bruce, completed the guest list.

The opening of gifts revealed the sexual thoughts of many of their guests The array included: massage oil and a waterproof sheet, a set of gay porn VHS tapes, the just published The New Joy of Gay Sex, case of wine, bottle of scotch, a set of sex toys that included a dildo, handcuffs and something that was new and unique to the boys that needed explaining and a set of lavender satin sheets (that did not match the earth tones – but the boys did not care) that were tested that night.

Carson and Kyle had a most enjoyable afternoon and evening. Being in their own home with this group of likeminded men was amazing. While they knew most of the guests the few strangers were not strangers for long and some would become lifelong friends.

The following weekend the boys invited Carson’s parents and grandparents to their new home for Sunday dinner. With the guidance of Aiden they prepared a meal of pot roast, baked potatoes, frozen peas and a fresh green salad. For the party with their men friends the prior week they had purchased four folding chairs. The boys, parents and grandparents crowded around the small table. Carson’s mother was pleased with herself as she observed the furnishings and window coverings she had helped select. When both mother and grandmother had offered to bring part of the meal Carson told them he and Kyle would prepare the main meal and that all were invited to the apartment of Vlad and Aiden up one flight for dessert. Mother knew the boys had no kitchen utensils other than what she had pursed prior to their moving in. She and grandmother went to Sears and bought every kitchen item they could think of including a small mixer and toaster. When presented with the gifts mother stated, “Your grandmother and I had fun shopping for these items. If there is anything here that you do not need or are duplicates of what you have we suggest Carson donate them to the organization where he does volunteer work helping people with housing and other issues.” Carson teared up when she said this as he realized it was her way of saying we support what you are doing.

After dinner they walked up the one flight of stairs to the home of Vlad and Aiden. The parents and grandmother (grandfather had previously visited their apartment) were impressed with the elegance of the spacious apartment. Vlad explained that he had lived in the building for over thirty years and had combined two apartments to form their present home.

When mother asked to use the bathroom Vlad escorted her down the hall to the guest facility. As they passed the large master bedroom she looked in stating, “All of your apartment is beautifully furnished. This room is really elegant. Vlad realized that if she looked into the room further she would see the wall with drawings by Seth. This talented artist, who had died in a tragic truck accident years earlier had done portraits of many of Vlad’s friends. To the horror of Vlad mother stepped into the room and looked at the wall with drawings of naked men, mostly in pairs. While none were in erotic poses, the true beauty of each man was fully exposed. Vlad wanted to grab her arm and pull her out of the room when she said, “Who are these men? Some look very familiar.”

Vlad then proceeded to give a brief and somewhat abridged biography of each man. He started with Henry and Seth stating that the artist, the white man and his friend, the black man, had moved to Cleveland from the south were they felt it would be easier for men of two races to live together. Then he told about Seth’s death. When he briefly told about Peter and Tom she stated, “I met that man at Carson’s graduation. He was his professor and I understand a mentor to my son. I though he was handsome then. He certainly is striking as a younger man.” While Carson’s mother was shocked to see drawings of naked men she was also intrigued. She had never seen a picture or drawing of a naked man except in museums and art books. In fact she had never seen an adult naked man except for her husband and father a couple of times by accident when she was a child. She had seen many naked babies and young boys but with those two exceptions never the real thing. She felt a tingling in her body as she examined the naked drawings.

Vlad continued and told about the pair of older men, Roland and Alex. As he told about Roland who was a book store manager and Alex the owner of a landscaping firm she examined the magnum dick on Roland and the uncut natural dick of Alex. The she exclaimed, “My God, I know both of these men. That is Mr. Johns. I always looked to him for advice when I visited Burrows Book Store downtown. He was a very knowledgeable and pleasant man. I am sorry to hear he passed away. I am also sad that Burrows with its many branches in the Cleveland area has gone out of business and the last store, not far from my home, closed this year. The other man visited our home when I called his firm for advice on landscaping. I remember his slight accent and I must admit his handsome body. Although I met him only once he gave me the impression of a sensuous macho man. Are all of these men gay? Never when I met them in real life would I have expected it. Seeing these men who are not only handsome but most important respected in their professions helps me understand Carson. I am glad I got nosy and looked into this room.” As she said this Vlad blushed as he realized she was carefully examining a drawing of himself with his natural uncut piece featured.

When Vlad returned to the group while Mrs. Saugen went to the bathroom, grandmother / Loraine, commented, “Did you get lost on the way to the toilet?”

Vlad professionally replied with a white lie as he did not want to repeat the conversation he and Carson’s mother had had concerning the naked men. “She asked me about my family in Russia and I got carried away talking about my parents who I had not seen since the 1940s until my visit last year. I did find my dad in the same apartment he lived in fifty years ago. Sadly my mother had passed away not knowing I had survived the war and had a good life in America.” This sad comment led to a brief silence. When mother returned no one wanted to bring up the subject of Vlad’s parents.

Back home, knowing she had little hope of getting her husband aroused Mrs. Saugen took a long hot bath and took care of herself while thinking of the handsome Russian landscaper, Alex, and his friend with the large penis, Mr. Roland, the bookstore manager she had often enjoyed talking to. As she thought of the men on the wall she realized that her son could also have a full and meaningful life being who he was. Then with guilt as she considered the pairs of naked men she thought of her son and his Kyle. She slapped her own face as she said to herself, ‘Shame on you thinking of your naked son being with his naked friend. Mothers just don’t do that.’

A month later Carson was accepted in the graduate engineering program at Case-Western Reserve University and started classed in January 1994.

Copyright © 2017 Tallguyct; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I’m sorry that it took me so long to get to read this fabulous chapter, my son was discharged late today from the hospital after having surgery on his right forearm and hand which had been stretched out of shape due to a severe case of Lymphedema that was corrected in August this year. I’m glad that both Kyle and Carson have told their parents that they are in a relationship together as they are gay. Kyles parents said they knew that he was gay back when he was in junior high school at age 13, while Carson’s parents had been told of their relationship and they had talked to his grandfather and he told them he had known about the guys for 2 years since before the trip to Australia. He told them that they had a choice to make about whether or not they would accept the fact that Carson and Kyle love each other or not see their son again. They told Carson they had spoke to his grandfather until midnight and he had given them a lot of information as well as a book that would help them to be acceptable to them. Carson’s mother called and asked if they would come to dinner which they accepted and they wound up having a great dinner together. Carson and Kyle invited Carson’s parents and grandparents to dinner on Friday evening, which was accepted after the dinner was done and they ate they were all told that they would be going to Vlad and Aiden one flight up for desert and Carson’s mother asked about the pictures on the wall in the bedroom, Vlad explained everything to her and she said she knew Roland from the book store and Alex from the landscaping business she had called for an estimate for fixing the yard. She even commented to him about his penis   

Link to comment

Thanks for reading - Understand your concern about your son's surgery.  My son had hip replacement yesterday - doing fine.  Next chapter will come out after Jan 1 - more about adventures of Tom and Peter.

 

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..