Jump to content
    Wombat Bill
  • Author
  • 4,008 Words
  • 1,521 Views
  • 3 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
Contains some graphic sex scenes.

Catering with Benefits (1) - 40. PRICE’S PISS UP

“What do you suppose Andy does for Mr. Price? asked Justin

“I have no idea, but it must be good if Andy can get away with giving you expensive jewellery and not fear his employer”.

“Maybe we should have drinks with Andy and see if we can get him to spill.”

“That’s not nice, asking him for drinks just because you want to pump him for gossip” admonished Craig.

“Speaking of gossip, if we do this maybe we should ask Edward, he and Andy seemed to get on so well at the last dinner.”

“Oh yeah only because Edward thinks Andy is some sort of S & M master”

“Bugger! I’d forgotten we haven’t sorted that out yet, have we?”

“No and it’s not going to be pretty when we do tell Edward the truth. How long do you think we can keep him in the dark? We might have to keep them apart for a while”

“I’ll ask Romel what he thinks, he must be used to dealing with the crazy queen’s antics.”

“Justin, maybe we should just leave it for now.”

“I take your point but it’s got me worried.”

Justin’s thoughts must have been transferred through the ether, because a few days later Andy called the boys and invited them to drinks.

Andy had enjoyed his evening with Justin’s friends so much that he wanted to see more of them, so he invited them to a Price’s staff function on Friday. Although he would not be there Jonathan Price was shouting the drinks for staff. He did this each year when he departed for his annual conference with De Beers in London. Andy explained that staff members are entitled to bring partners or friends. Justin was just bursting to tell Craig as this was his opportunity to grill Andy, but he knew he would have to be subtle.

When Craig arrived home Justin was so anxious he just blurted it out before he even gave Craig a welcome home kiss. “Craig you’re not going to believe this, but we have been invited by Andy to drinks and guess who’s paying. No you can’t can you. It’s old man Price.”.

“Why would he be treating us to drinks?”

“Apparently it’s an annual staff thing so Andy has invited us as his guests.”

“He hasn’t invited Edward also, has he?”

“He didn’t say so. You don’t think he would do you?”

“You better get your cute little arse into gear & find out.”

“OK, I said I’d call him back and confirm after talking to you.”

Justin made the call while Craig was preparing their dinner, then charged into the kitchen and announced. “That was a close call. Andy has not invited Edward after all.”

“So why was it a close call?”

“Because he thought I was hinting that he should invite Edward and was going to until I talked him out of it.”

***

As they walked into the bar the first person that Justin recognised was Alma. At least he thought it was Alma. The normally stern looking woman who was the definition of efficiency seemed like a different person. She had literally let her hair down, was chatting vigorously, but stopped immediately she saw Justin and welcomed him to the gathering.

“Alma, this is my partner Craig.”

“Pleased to meet you Craig, welcome to Price’s piss up.” and chuckled at her own cheekiness. Then she turned to the woman next to her and said “Brenda I would like you to meet Justin and Craig. Boys this is my partner Brenda.” Alma then directed the boys to the bar and said, “When you get your drinks come back and I will introduce you to a few more people.” Justin and Craig did as suggested but while at the bar Justin noticed Andy across the room and decided to go and talk to him instead of going back to Alma.

“Hi Andre.” Justin called as they approached.

“Hi guys and welcome to our soiree.”

Justin was not sure of the protocol in regard to Andy’s name so asked, “What do we call you here?”

“Either is OK. At work it’s definitely Andre, but here everyone knows my real name anyway. Some still call me Andre so they don’t get it confused at work. Others call me Andy out of the office.”

“OK Andy” replied Justin “You remember my partner Craig?”

“Of course, good to see you again Craig.”

“Same here Andy.”

“Boys come with me and I will introduce you to a few more of my colleagues and friends.”

They circulated around the party and found the people Andy introduced them to friendly and easy to talk with. However, Justin was impatient to pump Andy for more information about his relationship with Price but did not know how to introduce the subject without seeming obvious. In a quiet moment when there was just the two of them, Justin asked Craig “What can I say to start the conversation about Price?”

“Don’t push it. Maybe it will happen naturally if you let it go.”

“I suppose you’re right, I don’t want to appear too keen.”

Just then Andy returned from the bar with fresh drinks for them all and Craig decided to subtly start the conversation with Andy about Price before Justin made a mess of it.

“So Andy, I hear that Mr. Price does this for the staff each year when he goes to London.”

“Yeah it’s become a regular thing now.”

“What sort of business does he do so regularly in London?”

“Well London is the business headquarters of DeBeers. You know them, the world’s biggest diamond miners and dealers.”

“Sure, everyone knows of DeBeers.”

“Price is supposed to attend a conference and negotiate new contracts for the next year’s trading as well as rub shoulders with other jewellers and diamond dealers.”

“What do you mean supposed to?” asked Justin, who was by new getting a whiff of gossip.

“Well he does attend the conference briefly and then leaves the negotiating to his deputies while he flies to the south of France to stay in the family villa there.”

“Wow, that sounds ritzy, have you been there?”

“Well actually I did go with him once to get some things set up for him.”

“What sort of things?” asked Justin eagerly.

“I might as well level with you guys. The Prices are not entirely what they seem on the surface.”

“Is that so?” said Justin with mock surprise.

“Yes, as you may have gathered Mrs. Price likes handsome young men, like yourself, and sometimes, buys their favours with expensive gifts.”

“I should admit to you we did discuss this and it made me a little nervous about what she might expect from me for the nipple jewellery.”

“Oh don’t worry too much about that. The jewellery was really just a thank you for a job well done at her birthday party. If she wanted more from you, she would pay handsomely to get it, and besides Thomas has already mentioned this to me and he will take care of it for you.”

“That’s reassuring Andy.”

“Good and I believe you want to know more about Mr. Price.”

“Am I that obvious?” asked Justin

“Well no actually, you have been quite cool about it tonight, although I did think our conversation in your car last week was terminated diplomatically by Craig. That’s why I invited you tonight, to see what you would do to get me to talk.”

“Sorry Andy, I did not mean to put you in a difficult situation.”

“Oh don’t worry I’m just teasing you. Tell you what, I’ll get us another round of drinks and you get three plates of food, then we will get a table and Andre will tell all.”

The three sat down at a table and Andy continued. “Before Price goes to his villa I arrange to have it stocked with all he needs for his stay.”

“You mean like food and wine etc.”

“Well that for sure, but I also have it stocked with a selection of boys from the local villages. He likes them young and skinny. For some reason he’s not keen on muscles, so you are safe there.”

“He’s not a paedophile is he?”

“No not at all. When I say young, he likes them between eighteen and mid twenties. They must be of legal age. He can’t afford to be brought to the attention of the local authorities and have that become a scandal back here or in the diamond industry.”

“So he stays there with just these boys?”

“He also has a houseboy to do the household chores like cooking and cleaning, plus a driver who also does the shopping and other outside duties.”

“That’s quite a household” added Craig. “So the boys entertain him in obvious ways while he is there and that keeps him going for the rest of the year.”

“Oh no not at all, he has a voracious sexual appetite all year round so as well as my jewellery designing duties I also arrange his home-ground pleasures”

“May I ask, do you...?”

“Sometimes, but mostly I arrange for home delivery.”

“How does his wife handle that?”

“She keeps right out of it and leads her own life.”

“So they lead separate lives. How does that work?”

“You’ll have to ask Thomas about that.”

“What an amazing world the rich live in.” mused Craig.

“Yes, money can buy anything in this city, even happiness.”

“Andy, can I be a bit personal, and tell me to mind my own business if you want to. You said you do for Mr. Price sometimes, but do you have a private life. That is do you have a boyfriend or other men in your life?”

“Sometimes, but no one regular, it’s difficult for some to understand my job and the arrangements with Price, so I guess I can’t expect another man to share me with Price. Having said that, I don’t pay for my sex like Price, but sometimes I meet someone I like and have a short term relationship until I need to tell him what I do.”

“And that’s when they break up with you?”

“Well, occasionally I get dropped suddenly like that, but mostly it’s a slow breakdown. Some men think they can handle it and say they are not shocked when I tell them, but eventually they have to admit it’s not their thing and they can’t share me. I guess jealousy is a natural thing.”

“Andy, you are such an honest and natural person I would think many men would want to be your partner.”

“Thanks for that and maybe it will happen one day, when I stop working for Price, but until then I work hard and put some funds aside for my future. He does pay well, you know.”

“How do you think he would take it if you did leave him?”

“I’m not really sure. If I set him up with someone else he might be OK with it.”

“Would he let you still work at the jewellery store?”

“I have no idea about that. I’ve not really given it any consideration. I’ve always assumed that to end the personal duties would also mean ending the professional as well.”

“That would be a shame really you are so good at what you do at the studio.”

“Thanks Justin.”

“You certainly made me feel good about being a client. Your services are so professional and may I also say the Andre persona is so entertaining.”

“You think so?”

“Yes how did that start?”

“It was a bit of an accident and a bit of a dare.”

“How so?”

“When I started, I was just doing jewellery making from other people’s designs. Then I did a design course and graduated from making to designing. Mostly Alma and the other girls did the consultations and gave me notes on the customers’ requirements. A few years back there was a flu epidemic in Sydney and we had so many staff off sick at the same time. There were hardly any sales consultants available so I was asked to fill in. John who worked there as a storeman at the time said if he had the chance to do sales consulting he would pretend his name was Jacques and put on an accent to impress the clients. I told him that was a bit condescending, but he said these rich people expect the exotic. He dared me, so I gave it a try with a French accent and changed Andy to Andre.”

“And it worked?” asked Justin.

“Sure did, after a few days of doing the accent it seemed natural, but when everyone recovered from the flu and the full crew was back at work, I went back to the design studio.”

“So how come you are doing it now.”

“A long time client, from whom I took an order when playing Andre, came back for a fitting and insisted on being served my Andre. Alma tried to placate her but she insisted so I was called to the store to serve her. When it happened a second time Alma spoke to Price and he was all in favour of me working the front of house as well as designing. In fact it was genius on his part because the clients then had one person only to serve them from design to fulfilment of the order. And I kept the accent.”

“What a great story Andy.. er Andre.”

“So when did you start doing for Mr. Price?”

“Look I love talking to you guys, but I really must mingle more with my guests, so maybe some other time.”

“Sure Andy, and thanks for the frank conversation and the invitation.”

“You’re welcome, I like you guys.”

“Thanks Andy, we like you too.”

“You know something,” said Andy, “You two have the kind of relationship I sometimes dream about for myself. Being with you gives me hope that one day I might have that kind of happiness.” Andy then turned suddenly and left before either Craig or Justin could reply.

“Craig, that’s kind of nice but also sad.”

“I know what you mean. I think I saw a touch of mistiness in his eyes as he said that.”

“I do like Andy and wish we could do something to help him.”

“Now don’t go thinking you can play matchmaker Justin.”

“Oh you are a spoilsport sometimes. Where’s your sense of romance?”

“It’s safely where it should be, focussed on you.”

“Oh you are a romantic after all but don’t you want to see other people as happy as us?”

“Of course I do, but we can’t interfere in other people’s lives by trying to engineer happiness for them. It has to happen naturally.”

“Introducing him to someone is hardly engineering. We just help him meet good guys and then it happens naturally anyway.”

“That may be so but I don’t think Andy’s problem is lack of opportunity at meeting men. His problem is his relationship with Price. Until he wants to end that, which is entirely his decision to make, he will find it difficult to have a long term relationship.”

“Yeah, as usual you’re right, but I feel so sad for him.”

“Well I feel a bit that way too, but don’t let him see that in you. It won’t help his self-esteem.”

“Let’s circulate,” suggested Justin, “Alma was expecting us to go chat with her and I have something I want to ask her.”

“Should I be worried?” asked Craig, nervously.

“Well, I was planning to sort out a problem that you raised yourself many months back.”

“Me, and what might that be?”

“Remember when we talked to James and Alex and it seemed they did not know about their fathers.”

“Yes, where is this going?”

“I was going to ask Alma how most lesbians handle that situation.”

“You’ve only met her a few times and you think you can ask her that sort of question?”

“It’s not personal; I just want to see if she has any ideas about it from her friends and such.”

“OK, so how are you going to work that into the conversation?”

“I’ll just ask her outright.”

“You mean, something like, hi Alma nice to see you again, tell me, how do lesbians get pregnant.”

“I know how they get pregnant. What I want to know, now that you have raised my interest in the subject, is if and when do they tell their children about their fathers.”

“I hardly think she has done a survey on the question.”

“Craig, for such a smart and well-educated man you sometimes just don’t get it, do you?”

“OK, don’t let me hold you back from making a fool of yourself.”

“Thanks for your permission”.

Justin was unable to follow through with his plan as he could not get into a conversation with Alma who seemed to be in high demand that night, so they finished their drinks and left the party.

***

As Thomas and Jared arrived, very late, at the venue, Alma was no longer on ‘meet and greet’ duties. Thomas took Jared’s hand and led him into the party. The first person they bumped into was Alma.

“Good evening Thomas.”

“Good evening Alma, you’re looking stunning tonight.”

“Thank you Thomas and may I say your guest is also a stunner.”

“I think so. Alma I’d like you to meet Jared, my boyfriend. Jared this is Alma.”

“Please to meet you Jared and welcome to our annual staff dinner.”

“Thank you and pleased to meet you also.”

Thomas then went on to say “Jared, Alma is our concierge at the city studio. Anyone entering the studio cannot fail to feel comfortable when welcomed by Alma. She is a star and serves great champagne.”

“Now Thomas, I think you sing my praises just a little too loudly. I just do my job.”

“And you do it extremely well.”

“I hear from Mrs Price that you also do a great job.”

As Thomas opened his mouth to reply, Andy, who had been standing nearby, interrupted and said, “As much as I hate to break up this mutual admiration society you have here, I think you should introduce me to your guest Thomas.”

“Of course Andy, this is Jared that I’ve told you about.”

“Hello Jared, it’s good to meet you finally, after hearing so much about you from Thomas.”

“So, you two have been talking about me?”

“Oh yes, you have quite an admirer in Thomas; he talks about, not much else. I think you have found your way into his heart, if I may be so bold as to say so. That’s quite an achievement; Thomas does not give his heart to a man lightly.”

“I’m flattered Andy and pleased to meet you. You must tell me what he says about me.”

“Oh my lips are sealed on that, but you have nothing to worry about, it’s all good.”

Thomas then suggested, “Let’s find the bar.”

As the three boys went off to the bar, Alma went to retrieve her partner, Brenda and the two circulated around the party. When they got around to Andy, Thomas and Jared, they sat down with them and introduced Brenda. After a brief chat, Alma said she needed to check with the kitchen regarding the serving of the meal so she and Brenda excused themselves, leaving the boys alone.

“Oh I’m glad they left.” said Andy.

“I thought you liked Alma.”

“Oh it’s not that, I love Alma, she and Brenda are great, it’s just that I wanted to talk to you alone.”

“Sounds serious?”

Jared was feeling he might be in the way when these two close friends obviously wanted to have a private conversation, so he excused himself as well, “I might wander over to the bar for a while, so you guys can chat alone.”

“No, that’s not necessary.” replied Andy.

“It’s no problem; I can see the barman has some interesting nipple-ware, and I want to talk to him about it.”

“I didn’t know you were into nipple jewellery” asked Thomas.

“You don’t know everything about me.”

“Seems not; OK enjoy your flirting.”

Jared left and Thomas turned to Andy, “So what’s bothering you mate?”

“I want to distance myself from Price; I’m tired of being his on-demand bum boy.”

“Do you plan to leave the company also?”

“I don’t want to, I love my work in the design studio and I’ve learnt so much there. But I want to end this thing with Price.”

“Didn’t you two talk about this last year?”

“I tried to, but you know how he dismisses you when he does not want to talk about something. We didn’t reach any agreement, so I just make sure I always have someone on call for him and otherwise try to avoid him.”

“Isn’t that working?”

“Mostly, but when he gets drunk he gets all nostalgic and clingy, like a sad child. When that happens he wants to go back to our early days, and only wants to have sex with me. I’m over it, I’ve no fondness for him anymore, I just want someone to care for me.”

“It sounds like it’s time for a clean break from him.”

“But how do I do that without hurting him or making him angry?”

“You will have to be direct, and make sure he listens and understands how you feel. It’s your life and you should be the one in charge of it.”

“But he’s been so good to me over the years; he paid for my design training and is very generous with time off and other things.”

“All that is true, but you have given him excellent service over the years, both personally and in the design studio. Training is something that employers are expected to do anyway. But, regardless of all that, he can’t treat you like a sex slave whenever he chooses. You just have to have it out with him; make it clear exactly what you want or don’t want. Surely you’re close enough to him to speak openly and honestly.”

“I know what you are saying is true, but I find it difficult to be direct with him, when he does not like what you are saying.”

“Do you want me to talk to Mrs P, and see if she can help?”

“Thanks, but I don’t think he would take it well coming from her.”

“Well the offer stands if you want it.”

“I need another drink.”

“Are you sure? You can’t drown your problems in a bottle.”

“Oh you are the wise one tonight.”

“Just saying.”

“This is, a party.”

“OK I’ll get them, and besides I need an excuse to go check on Jared and the barman.”

“Jealous?”

 

When Thomas returned with the drinks, he suggested “You know what you should do first is to move out of the Potts Point apartment. That will at least remove you from being at hand when he wants you. It might also give him a hint.”

“But where would I go, I’ve never had my own apartment?”

“There’s always a first time, but firstly you can share: I’ll help you find something.”

“That might work, but what if he tries to stop me or fires me from the studio, then I’m homeless and jobless.”

“Firstly, I don’t think he would be that vindictive and secondly, if he is, there are such things as unfair dismissal laws. He has no reason to fire you from the studio, your work is excellent. Then thirdly, the big one, you know all the family secrets and I don’t think he would risk upsetting you to the point where you might talk to the wrong people, outside the company.”

“But I could not betray him.”

“Maybe, but he doesn’t know that.”

“I’ll think about it.”

“Well think quickly and in the meantime I’ll put out some feelers about getting you some digs.”

Next chapter - Time to move on.
Copyright © 2020 Wombat Bill; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 11
  • Love 5
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Great chapter. It's great that Andy wants to distance himself from Mr P. Andy and Thomas seem good friends because of the Prices.

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment

Alma, what a revelation. I envisaged her as a hybrid of Mrs Danvers (Rebecca) and Miss Hathaway (The Beverly Hillbillies), instead she likely has more more in common with Tallulah Bankhead (a toned-down version obviously). 

  • Love 3
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..