Jump to content
    Wombat Bill
  • Author
  • 1,537 Words
  • 868 Views
  • 6 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
Contains some graphic sex scenes.

Catering with Benefits (1) - 47. Goodbye Mr. Smidmore

Back at Jared’s place that night, Andy went to bed as soon as they arrived, claiming he had not slept much the night before and had a gruelling day. Jared and Thomas sat on Thomas’s favourite sofa and had a de-brief of the events of the last two days. After that Thomas asked, “What did you mean at the pub when you offered Andy the chance to live here but said we would talk about me later?”

“I wish the subject had not come up, I wanted to do this in my own time.”

“It was you who made the offer to Andy.”

“I know, I just wanted to give him some good news and make him feel wanted, after all the problems he has had the last week and I didn’t think about how you might take it.”

“OK, I can accept that.”

“And you said you were going to get your own place anyway, even before Andy decided to leave Price, so I didn’t think that would change.”

“You’re right, I want to live a more normal life and have the freedom to invite you and my friends to my place whenever I want to. So I guess I will still do that. After all it’s our relationship that prompted me to go down this path.”

“So will you still look around Chatswood even if Andy stays here?”

“Maybe I’ll re-think that part of it.”

“I’m ready for bed, how about you?”

“Lead me to it”.

 

As they both lie in bed and Thomas started to get amorous asked Jared “Do you want to be top or bottom tonight?”

“Whatever.”

“OK, legs up, here I come.”

“Wait!” ordered Jared.

“Don’t worry; I was just reaching for the condoms.”

“It’s not that.”

“What is it, you seem distracted by something; what’s on your mind?”

Thomas, who was in a kneeling position, sat back on his legs and waited for Jared to speak, while he watched his cock give up on its previously held intentions.

“Now that I’ve asked Andy to live here, do you think he will be conflicted by his loyalty to you and my offer to him?”

“I had not thought about it, maybe.”

“So what do we do about that?”

“I’ll ask him outright; we’re close enough for him to tell me honestly.”

“OK, go ahead, I’m ready for you.”

“Something is telling me I can’t now, look!”

“Oh that is sad isn’t it?”

“But you seem in good shape. Change positions?”

“You’re on”.

***

At breakfast the following morning Jared asked Thomas “Why don’t you stay here this week, it was a lot of fun all being together last weekend. We can all take turns cooking dinner and critique each other’s cooking skills. It will be a sort of Masterchef live.”

“Given that you have been in the army for 10 years, and I haven’t cooked since I left home, I think Andy will have the advantage here.” replied Thomas.

“Not up to the challenge?” asked Andy

“OK, boys bring it on,” replied Thomas, “I don’t have much on at work today, so I might spend some time with Cook, at Castle Hill.”

Jared added, “Sounds like this is getting serious. Who’s up first?”

“Maybe we eat out tonight and discuss that. All agreed?”

***

All went well for Andy during the rest of the week, both at home and work. Then on Friday morning he was called by Miss Prism to come to Price’s office. He arrived, expecting to see Price but was instead ushered into the adjacent interview room where a rather stern looking, long faced stranger was waiting for him. “Good Morning Mr. Murphy, I am Arnold Smidmore, Mr Price’s personal lawyer”.

Then as they shook hands “Good Morning Mr. Smidmore, what is this about?”

“Please take a seat Mr. Murphy. I noticed your hand trembling, there is no need to be nervous, I’m not as grim as I look. You know, my wife sometimes says to me that I should have been an undertaker instead of a lawyer”. Andy’s face did not change so Smidmore added “That was my little joke; sorry it did not amuse you”.

“Oh I see.”

“Now, let’s get down to business Mr Murphy. I am referring to an incident that occurred on October 6 at Mr Price’s apartment. Are you familiar?”

“Yes sir.”

“Mr Price has instructed me to put an end to all that unpleasantness. So, with that in mind I have prepared a contract between Mr. Price and yourself. I shall go through the details in a moment, but for now I want you to understand that if you agree and sign this contract then there is to be no further discussion about the October 6 incident between yourself and Mr. Price. Is that understood?”

“I think so.”

“Furthermore you will not discuss this with anybody else, you will not give any interviews or write about the incident in print or electronically. In addition, the same restrictions apply to any matter relating to your personal relationship with Mr. Price. Are you still with me?”

“Yes, that seems clear.”

“In return for your agreement Mr. Price will guarantee your continued employment here at the studio, subject to normal industrial relations requirements. Any questions?”

“Yes, Mr Smidmore, what did that last matter mean?”

“It means you will continue to be employed and enjoy all the benefits of the employment contract, and if you continue to give good service you will be protected under the unfair dismissal regulations. But your employment can still be terminated for misconduct”.

“OK, I get it.”

“Now, I will give you time to read through the contract and ask me any questions as you wish. I must advise you that you may also seek legal advice from another lawyer of your choice, and at your own expense.”

 

After reading the contract and waiving his rights to further legal advice, Andy signed the contract with Prism as a witness. Smidmore then said to Andy “That concludes our business for today except for one more item Mr. Murphy”.

“What is that Mr Smidmore?”

“I have been authorised by Mr. Price to tell you to take the rest of the day off work so you can attend to clause 14c of the contract. Do you understand this clause?”

“Yes sir, and please thank Mr. Price for me”.

“I will and thank you for your co-operation today Mr. Murphy.”

“Goodbye Mr. Smidmore.”

***

Andy arrived home early, before the others and let himself into Jared’s. He unpacked the grocery items he had purchased on the way home and poured himself a scotch. He then spent the time, before Thomas and Jared arrived, preparing the evening meal and setting the table for a celebration.

Jared arrived home first and was greeted by Andy with a big hug. “Well, this is a great welcome home; it’s so nice not to come home to an empty house”. Then when he noticed Andy’s dinner preparations said “I thought it was Thomas’s turn to cook tonight, in our big cook-off competition?”

“Well it was, but I have a special reason for treating you both tonight.”

“What’s that?”

“I’ll wait till Thomas is here as well.”

“OK, Mr Mysterious.”

The two chatted generally over drinks until Thomas arrived about forty minutes later. He too was greeted by Andy with a big hug and then a kiss from Jared. “Wow! what a welcome home from my two favourite men. Wait, a little feeling tells me there’s something going on here.” He said as he looked at Jared.

“Don’t ask me, it’s Andy here that has the secret and he’s already cooking dinner despite it being your turn.”

Andy served drinks all round and when they were all seated he told them of the events of the day. Thomas and Jared listened intently as he told them of the stern looking lawyer and explained about the contract. Then Jared asked, “Why were you home so early, were you feeling a bit depressed after your session with the lawyer?”

“No not depressed, a bit confused.”

“That’s understandable. But you have done the right thing coming home and cheering yourself with a few drinks and keeping busy by cooking.”

“Yes, but there is one more thing I have to tell you.” Both his friends looked worried and waited to hear a further explanation. “Well actually it is something I have to show you, come with me.” They followed Andy down the corridor, out through the front garden and onto the footpath. “Look!” said Andy as he pointed to a Toyota Yaris parked on the street. “You bought yourself a car, no wonder you’re so happy.” said Thomas.

“I didn’t buy it.”

“Is it borrowed from the Price fleet?”

“I didn’t tell you about clause 14c of the contract, which said I had to go down to the local Toyota dealer to collect my new car in exchange for my agreement. It’s all mine to keep and paid for by Price”.

 

The End - of part one.

The gang will be back soon. In the meantime enjoy a short story from the ‘Side Salad’ collection of the ‘Appetites’ series.

Next - Mile High Benefits - A short story to introduce Raj’s sister, Rani.
https://gayauthors.org/story/wombat-bill/mile-high-benefits/1
Copyright © 2020 Wombat Bill; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 12
  • Love 6
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

A terrific conclusion to Part One Wombat Bill. Perhaps it is the public servant in me, but I was initially "challenged" by Andy's acceptance of the "gift for his silence", but then given how manipulative, sleazy and dishonest Price is, I had second thoughts.

Love the wit of Mr Smidmore's wife when describing his appearance. I don't think it could have been anymore vivid even with an accurate description of his physical attributes.

Edited by Summerabbacat
  • Love 4
Link to comment

This was a great story and I really enjoyed reading it. I’m glad that everything worked out for Andy after the mess he went through with Mr Price. He has a great place to live as well as a new car to get around with while still keeping his job. 

  • Love 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..