[DomLuka] NaperVic: 1968 - 2013, Rest In Peace

It's with great sadness that we report that one of our most notable members, NaperVic, passed away recently.

As many of you know, Vic was an active guy who enjoyed working out and running with his dog Mina. He had been warming up for a race when he suffered a major heart attack. After being rushed to the hospital, he remained unconscious until he slipped into a coma. Though he put up an amazing fight to survive, he finally succumbed to his injuries and passed away.

Vic has been active on GA for over 8 years and has touched the lives of so many people here. He's always been that friend you could lean on when times were tough. His personality is matched by none, and he will be greatly missed. The hole many of us will feel in our heart where Vic once was may never be filled, but our loving memories of him will live on forever.

Here's to you, Vic. May you rest in peace knowing you made the world a better place. We invite those who experienced this wonderful man to leave your thoughts here or in the GA News Blog entry.

• Like 1

That is so sad :(

In GA chat when he was online he was always very friendly and funny and made fun of my name and my avatar, he didn't think they matched  :)

RIP Vic :hug::,(

/ Cattis

Edited by slytherin
  • Like 2

I left my main entry about Vic on the news blog, but I'd like to post in here about Vic and DomLuka.  Vic turned me onto Dom's stories when I joined and he took the time to read Desert Dropping again with me so that we could discuss the chapters together.  I remember telling Vic that I thought Luke and Rory should be together and he told me I was an LRITE just like him (check the FAQ).  I still have in my Skype archives conversations Vic and I had about Dom's stories and the hope that one day he would return to complete them.

Vic, I'll tell new members about Dom's stories and continue hoping that one day he will return to complete them.  Your passion for his writing and the writing of other author's on this site made me fall in love with this site and want to be a staff member.

• Like 4
  • Site Administrator

Vic, I'm missing you in more ways than can be expressed.

I too posted a long entry in the news blog expressing the joy that I have received over the years in getting to know Vic.

In this case, God truly did take one of the good ones.......

• Like 2

I am sure many will agree with me when I say that NaperVic was a true Domaholic, a true fan of Dom's stories. So, that's very kind of you, Trebs, for posting this in Dom's forum. This is where he belongs.

I have never known him personally, but from his posts, from what I knew of him, he was definitely a great guy.

RIP, Vic. You will be missed.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

A truly sad occasion, indeed. I only found out about it when I read the post notes after a recent story read.  I remember bantering back and forth with NaperVic in chat a couple years ago...he had a high sense of humor that night, and I had been commenting with him on one of Dom's stories at the time...I had been enjoying the story, and he recommended another as the sequel--which was also read and enjoyed.

RIP Vic, you were taken too soon!  :,(

Edited by KJames
  • Like 2

Vic and I exchanged a couple of emails, usually straightening out something between Dom and me.  The last time was when Dom had been missing for a year or so and coming back, couldn't find my email address not to mention several chapters that he'd written but not posted.  This occasioned an entry in his blog:

Posted by DomLuka, 13 November 2008 - bullet_star_off.png bullet_star_off.png bullet_star_off.png bullet_star_off.png bullet_star_off.png · 105 views

Thanks to Jim and Vic. Vic because he helped me find Jim and Jim because he had those missing chapters of ITFB and has fixed all those annoying mistakes in the new stories. I�m hoping to have both new ones and at least a chapter of ITFB on the site by this weekend. So at least it feels like things are moving there. Thanks to everyone who let me know what... 

It was a real shock to hear of Vic's death; I always assumed he would always be here, and I'll miss him and his comments.

Jim 

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...

I don't know how I missed this......

I never met Vic, nor ever really had a one on one conversation with him, but I feel his passing most acutely. We did have some great musings about Dom and in Vic was a kindred spirit touched by the easily relate-able stories. Dom touched a note in me that few other authors have. Mark Arbour did it in On The Mark, Adam Philips, Dan Kincaid and Cole Parker did too in their writings and Vic got it at the same, gut level and his love for the genre and Dom especially was a special bond.

RIP Vic you will be missed by all those who loved you, here and in that scary real world.

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...