• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Site Administrator

I'm sorry, Robbie, but I needed a new name, and you were viewing the topic at the time.... :P

Now, if you want to write the scene where Justin meets Robbie, you get to describe how good looking and sexy Robbie is, as well as being a master mechanic. :lol:

I think we're into chapter 3, but we need to find the right place for the break.

Kill nodded to Ben as he stood up and left the room. Ben hovered over Justin like a hawk while Justin could see he was struggling to ask something he dared not ask. By the time Kill was back, Justin was more then happy to leave.

• Site Administrator

Now THAT looks like a great place to end chapter 2 :)

I'll let someone else give a description of what happens next. Something other than horror would be nice... (hint, hint).

I'm going to be away for the next few days. I'm looking forward to where the story goes from here.

I'm just posting tonight because I'm here seeing how the story is progressing. This is the last week of school, and tomorrow I'll graduate from high school and the senior class will have our graduation party. So I've been a bit distracted, and trying to write something to continue the story and post it wasn't working. Maybe next week when I'm no longer a high school kid.

The story has taken some, uh, interesting twists. They've been roped in so they make sense. Good job, y'all!

Colin :boy:

I thought Bondwriter had further contributed to the story, so no new add again. Can someone tell me how we're doing on the replies:view ratio?? i'd much appreciate it, i'm sure after i've posted this i'd find a way to find out for myself, but anyhow :P

James: Take the number of posts and sit it next to the number of views, then simplify both numbers. e.g., if we had 100 posts and 700 views, 100/700 would simplify to 1/7, which is our target. Of course, a fraction greater than 1/7 is better! Like 2/5! [/rambling]

Kill smiled towards the figure who was responsible for opening the door,

Thanks, i get the whole ratio thing, what i was asking was where do i find out how many views the post has had, i think i'd probably have to look in the lounge next to the topic right?? Well i had to post anyway, dont want to spoil the game.

(to James: the total number of views appears on the forum board; you've got Topic title, Replies, Topic Starter, Views, Last Action)

Justin blew softly on the cup of hot cocoa Robbie had fixed him. He didn't want to get burned.

"So, Sonny, you've been given the whole 'gate to the underworld' speech by these loony relatives of yours?" As Justin looked at him with a surprised look, he added, "No offense, but I don't really buy into this whole supernatural stuff myself."

Justin moved a few engine parts that cluttered up the table to put the too hot beverage down. This Robbie guy was about to reveal more stuff.

"What you've got to understand, Junior", he annoyed Justin further with one of these diminutive nicknames, "is that this town is rife with secrets. Juicy ones. And I'm not talking only about Mrs. Gunardsson sleeping -well, having sex, since it mainly takes place during the day- with her maid or Mr. Dellio embezzling his company's money. This is ordinary small town secret."

He paused, and stood to get an old leather bound book.

"There are secrets that date back to way earlier in history. There are a few things you should know first concerning how the Civil War affected this area."

"But I have a policy. I never reveal information to strangers until they reveal something about themselves." Robbie said with a sly smirk. "So tell me about yourself, kid."

"Well first off I'm not overly fond of the patronizing nicknames. So knock it off." Justin said with more confidence than he actually felt.

"Secondly, I'm a Libra, I enjoy long walks on the beach, and cuddling on the couch while watching a movie. There, satisified?" Justin couldn't believe he'd just said all that, but the playful looks Robbie was giving him had encouraged him and let him know that it was okay.

"Hmmm. Am I satisfied?" Robbie wondered aloud with mock exageration. "Nope, I'm not. However, I think I might be if we tried cuddling on the coach and watching a movie."

Justin's mouth dropped open in surprise, and he nervously fumbled for an appropriate response as Robbie continued to look him over with something that clearly went beyond platonic interest.

Still not ready...

LOL, I wasn't really ready to cover the Civil War section either. That's why I kinda cheated and steered it toward the romantic aspect. Looks to me like the next poster can pretty much take their pick on whether or not they want to carry on the romantic part, or shift back over to the Civil War/explanation part.

*having a quick look*

The events do not have to do with the Civil War, but an old secret that is 150 years old always works. Go ahead people, have a go at it! And it has been steered towards "romantic", so all options are available at the moment.