Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Changing Lanes 34: Miscommunications

Don't mess with Horst if your name is Mike. And if you're a cook. And if you're in league with The Scar.

Exactly :D I think something is still up in the air though, (epically knowing the goat) , I'm starting to like Felicia even more.

I am worried about Brian and if Helen will ever figure the money situation out.

Edited by Drewbie
  • Site Moderator

I'll add, everyone is going to need a change of underwear when they finally get out of this situation. I'm surprised Eric didn't get off that box a lot quicker than he did.

One question I have is, is Jansen going to want to continue being with Eric when he finds out what's going on?

B) ..............Great chapter!!! Poor Eric, I hope he isn't too rattled to drive. Jensen may want to re-think about going out on future dates with Eric! :lol: One thing I found missing in this chapter was Pvt. Johnson.

Therefore, I declare a cliffhanger! :lol:

Another thing is I have a feeling the General and Felicia are going to hook up somehow, maybe security for Instinct, maybe something else, and sadly maybe Felicia taking a bullet for the General. So many un-opened doors here, Brandon's parents, JT's reaction to his wife's absence, How the Scar deduces where Instinct is staying;

Turning to face Yuri, The Scar said,

Edited by Benji

Well that was an expensive date, $30 million, and it didn't even go off with a bang! :P Though the skydiving lesson earlier was one I'd rather avoid, I wonder if he at least enjoyed the view? :lol:

At least we know now what CJ got up to while he was in Europe, gets around a lot for a goat! :P

Poor Mike. I would say more, but, on advice of counsel, must remain silent while legal action is pending.

Miscommunications is an appropriate name for the chapter. Not only have Eric and Helen miscommunicated on something we can only guess about, but the goat has miscommunicated the location of the chapter in his announcement and misspelled the chapter name. That vacation really took a lot out of Cliff.

Aside from that, a great chapter and the end of biweekly releases. Jump.gif

• Site Administrator
Exactly :D I think something is still up in the air though, (epically knowing the goat) , I'm starting to like Felicia even more.

Something still up in the air??? :o

Heck yeah, The Scar and his Merry Band of Mercenaries are still up in the air. Why do I get a feeling that they will be dropping in on the General and Felicia and the remaining nuke?

What's worse was the immediate idea that I got when Eric takes position of the two nukes with Jansen and Brian is how are they going to get back to the resort? This chapter had so many vehicles breaking down due to clogged air filters that I can't help but reason that this is foreshadowing for the future.

If I were to guess the future based on the devious goats past ways, picture the flatbed truck making it's way up the side of the mountain/volcano, and as it enters the tunnel the engine finally gives out due to the strain put on it from the ash. Now stuck in the tunnel, a sudden tremor from the active volcano causes both entrances to collapse entombing the 3 guys inside an ACTIVE VOLCANO with 2 nuclear bombs!!!! :nuke:

No cell phone reception, no way of Helen knowing what the collateral is, no wire transfer, parachuting in mercenaries, oh my :o !!

CJ is setting us up for one of his doozies!!!

I think, lol.

Thanks for the chapter Cliff :worship:

A little historical perspective...Horst was quoting Robespierre.

"One cannot expect to make an omelette without breaking eggs."

~ Maximilian Robespierre (a central figure in the Reign of Terror during the French Revolution, approximately 40,000 were executed in 15 months)

~ Maximilian Robespierre (a central figure in the Reign of Terror during the French Revolution, approximately 40,000 were executed in 15 months)

B) .........I noted that quote, but didn't respond, in hindsight it could be a goat clue!

I am worried about Brian and if Helen will ever figure the money situation out.

Who? Me? 0:)

I'll add, everyone is going to need a change of underwear when they finally get out of this situation. I'm surprised Eric didn't get off that box a lot quicker than he did.

One question I have is, is Jansen going to want to continue being with Eric when he finds out what's going on?

I suppose we could say that Jansen and Eric's first date is having a few small hiccups? 0:)

One thing I was worried about RE the first date... I've seen many in gay fiction, and I was concerned that it Jansen and Eric's could come across as a little cliche. I think we managed to avoid that? :)

B) ..............Great chapter!!! Poor Eric, I hope he isn't too rattled to drive. Jensen may want to re-think about going out on future dates with Eric! :lol: One thing I found missing in this chapter was Pvt. Johnson.

Therefore, I declare a cliffhanger! :lol:

Another thing is I have a feeling the General and Felicia are going to hook up somehow, maybe security for Instinct, maybe something else, and sadly maybe Felicia taking a bullet for the General. So many un-opened doors here, Brandon's parents, JT's reaction to his wife's absence, How the Scar deduces where Instinct is staying;

Turning to face Yuri, The Scar said,

Poor Mike. I would say more, but, on advice of counsel, must remain silent while legal action is pending.

Miscommunications is an appropriate name for the chapter. Not only have Eric and Helen miscommunicated on something we can only guess about, but the goat has miscommunicated the location of the chapter in his announcement and misspelled the chapter name. That vacation really took a lot out of Cliff.

Aside from that, a great chapter and the end of biweekly releases. Jump.gif

Now, now, no need for legal actions! Mike has dropped out of the storyline 0:)

I am really enjoying this story. Very well written - one of the best here I've seen. I'm looking forward to the next chapter.

Thanks Terpi!

Something still up in the air??? :o

Heck yeah, The Scar and his Merry Band of Mercenaries are still up in the air. Why do I get a feeling that they will be dropping in on the General and Felicia and the remaining nuke?

What's worse was the immediate idea that I got when Eric takes position of the two nukes with Jansen and Brian is how are they going to get back to the resort? This chapter had so many vehicles breaking down due to clogged air filters that I can't help but reason that this is foreshadowing for the future.

If I were to guess the future based on the devious goats past ways, picture the flatbed truck making it's way up the side of the mountain/volcano, and as it enters the tunnel the engine finally gives out due to the strain put on it from the ash. Now stuck in the tunnel, a sudden tremor from the active volcano causes both entrances to collapse entombing the 3 guys inside an ACTIVE VOLCANO with 2 nuclear bombs!!!! :nuke:

No cell phone reception, no way of Helen knowing what the collateral is, no wire transfer, parachuting in mercenaries, oh my :o !!

CJ is setting us up for one of his doozies!!!

I think, lol.

Thanks for the chapter Cliff :worship:

No need to worry. As I said in the prior thread, what could possibly go wrong? 0:)

BTW, here's a thought to ponder: why did The Scar take along JATO packs? :)

Good catch!!! Yep, Horst, with one minor change, was echoing Robespierre. I thought it was an appropriate thing to say to a cook, before giving him some fresh air.

BTW, can we have an Amphibious Declaration of Cliffhanger-Free for this chapter? I think it deserves one, don't you?

Good catch!!! Yep, Horst, with one minor change, was echoing Robespierre. I thought it was an appropriate thing to say to a cook, before giving him some fresh air.

BTW, can we have an Amphibious Declaration of Cliffhanger-Free for this chapter? I think it deserves one, don't you?

I think the goat's been munching on the peyote again.

I'm crazy busy right now with finals, but I just wanted to pop in and say thanks for the chapter CJ!

I can't wait to see Helen's reaction to the fact she has the bombs as collateral! It should be an interesting revelation.

I laughed at Jansen's assumption that Eric was giving away free concert tickets! I guess he'll figure it out sooner rather than later. I can just see Eric trying to explain what their first date has evolved into!

Thanks again CJ! :)

While Eric and Jansen were hanging around near the airport waiting for the General, there was time there for one hot and heavy make out session. :wub:

Instead they were looking for a sandwich shop??? :wacko: Doesn't sound like the Eric I've come to know. B)

Talk about a missed opportunity! :P

Ok - I think I was very nervous because of two things - one waiting to hear the results of my interview - yet to come.

The other is what Nuclear bombs with Eric!!! Anybody got any tequilla!! Put scar in the truck and fly it off the island.

But its seems to be a very tense situation - I wouldn't want to be in.

hehe - I wish instinct could employ me for something?

not sure what

• Site Administrator

OMG, forget about my earlier predictions :o:o:o

I was doing some reading of some back chapters and something came to light.

First off, with or without Mike's traitorous actions, The Scar knows exactly where the bombs are going...I think.

In chapter 33, Rendezvous', The Scar put two and two together when he told us this:

On the dusty runway of his base in Sudan, The Scar resisted the urge to smash his phone. "I'll kill that traitorous bitch," he swore, though no one was in earshot. Thanks to his former cook, he knew that they had stopped in Kufra and were heading west, with a claimed destination of the training base in the Cape Verdes. He knew that had to be a lie. The westward direction itself also made no sense to him; if they were going to turn the devices over to the Americans, why head for West Africa? There were American bases far closer than that. That meant, the Scar decided, that they had another buyer, and that buyer was in West Africa, or maybe further
So what are the chances that The Scar is going to parachute into the Resort where Eric, Chase, Brandon, Jon, Helen, and all of them will be sitting on two nukes?

You made some very good observations, Steve. I can think of one variation: Scar's plane will make a dead stick landing at La Palma airport just as Gen. Bradson did, then use the JATO to take off without having to start his plane's engines on the volcanic ash-laden ground.

• Site Moderator
I can think of one variation: Scar's plane will make a dead stick landing at La Palma airport just as Gen. Bradson did, then use the JATO to take off without having to start his plane's engines on the volcanic ash-laden ground.

That is exactly what I thought the moment Scar mentioned taking them.

• Site Administrator
You made some very good observations, Steve. I can think of one variation: Scar's plane will make a dead stick landing at La Palma airport just as Gen. Bradson did, then use the JATO to take off without having to start his plane's engines on the volcanic ash-laden ground.

Well I guess I'm hoping that The Scar thinks that he and his crew parachute off the plane with the intentions of a surprise attack on the resort and then meet back at the airport with the nukes and the 'annoying one' disposed of.

Wouldn't it be a pleasant surprise if he arrived at the airport to find that his C130 couldn't land at the airport because there was a disabled C130 blocking the only small runaway? Or even better, as The Scar's C130 cuts the engines he then realizes he can't land, or restart the engines, and lands in the ocean as his only other alternate.

So much for the use of soaking wet JATO packs at the bottom of the ocean :P

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..