Songs That Make You Cry

Something for a bit of fun :) What songs make you cry? Just wondering..

Theres only one song that truly has made me cry throughout life and thats "The Age of Not Believing" from Bedknobs and Broomsticks from the geniuses that is disney in the 1970's :)

Thats the link if you want to listen... angela landsbury is a genius..

• Like 2

These are linked to YouTube.

; it is a pretty powerful song about foster care. It makes me cry every time I listen to it for some reason.

; this used to make me cry when I had lost the love of my life. It prompted me to contact him again. Now it doesn't.

I'm in class or I would listen to your song Johnny, later today. :)

Much as I am ashamed to admit it "My heart will go on" By Celine Dion. Because it makes me think of someone I once loved. Every time I hear the line... "Love can touch us one time and last for a lifetime" I fill up. Because it did and it has...more than one.

These are linked to YouTube.

; it is a pretty powerful song about foster care. It makes me cry every time I listen to it for some reason.

; this used to make me cry when I had lost the love of my life. It prompted me to contact him again. Now it doesn't.

I'm in class or I would listen to your song Johnny, later today. :)

Hi, New member - Les.

Perhaps it's already been answered somewhere, but I've searched the net and cannot find it - what's the name of the film that Oklahoma comes from? I saw the youtube clip ages ago - who could not like Billy Gilman - but I'd really like to see the film, were it to be available.

Any help much appreciated. Cheers, Les.

Songs?

Days of our lives - Queen

The Old House - Daniel O'Donnell

Why Worry - Nana Mouskouri (or the Everly Brothers)

When two worlds collide/I won't forget you - Jim Reeves

All on "youtube"

Much as I am ashamed to admit it "My heart will go on" By Celine Dion. Because it makes me think of someone I once loved. Every time I hear the line... "Love can touch us one time and last for a lifetime" I fill up. Because it did and it has...more than one.

Corny as it may sound - I agree with you.

Ah memories, painful or pleasurable, they all have their place, don't they?

Hi, New member - Les.

Perhaps it's already been answered somewhere, but I've searched the net and cannot find it - what's the name of the film that Oklahoma comes from? I saw the youtube clip ages ago - who could not like Billy Gilman - but I'd really like to see the film, were it to be available.

Any help much appreciated. Cheers, Les.

"Oklahoma" is not from a movie. It is a single from his album One Voice (2000) with the other single on that album being "One Voice." The music video was shot and produced as a music video and not as part of any film. "Oklahoma" topped out at number 33 on US Country charts.

"Oklahoma" is not from a movie. It is a single from his album One Voice (2000) with the other single on that album being "One Voice." The music video was shot and produced as a music video and not as part of any film. "Oklahoma" topped out at number 33 on US Country charts.

Hi Tarin, Thanks for the quick reply - the One Voice album, I'm familiar with.

I probably didn't explain myself clearly - I actually meant the film that the clip is used from, which accompanies Billy's "Oklahoma" on YouTube.

Best wishes, Les.

Hi Tarin, Thanks for the quick reply - the One Voice album, I'm familiar with.

I probably didn't explain myself clearly - I actually meant the film that the clip is used from, which accompanies Billy's "Oklahoma" on YouTube.

Best wishes, Les.

I linked to the official music video. All footage in the music video is original material created exclusively for the music video.

Note that Billy is the "other son," Billy Gilman has never acted in a film, only music videos.

It was 1989 when I was about to move from NJ to FL. I met him just a couple of weeks before my move. He lived in northern NY. We fell for each other almost instantly. The physical attraction was definitely there. My best friend was also his best friend so he came daily to see me while he was still visiting. Then the day came when I had to leave. He came to FL to visit for a week and it was fantastic!!! But knowing that things would not work out from such a distance we parted as friends. We called each other several times a week, then less and less. As time went by, I ended up marrying another guy. Then one day, I went to visit our mutual friend John in NJ. To my surprise, Mark was due to arrive that same evening. I was so nervous, didn't know what to expect. The moment we saw each other we embraced. We spent the night together, touching, kissing, well, you can imagine, except... when i wanted to finalize our love making he stopped me saying that he'd do anything for and with me except penetrate me, saying that part was strictly for my husband. I turned around on the bed and quietly cried the rest of the night. Next day he left. To this day I've never heard from him again. So, the song that has always, to this day reminded me of Mark is "What Might Have Been" By: Diamond Rio. I wonder what he looks like now, does he still have his long light brown hair? are his liquid blue eyes still sparkle the same way? Is his voice as soft as it used to be? I guess I'll never know... I'll never forget you Mark.

Let's see:

- Alison Krauss

Lyrics:

In the spring of 1856 with the snow still on the ground

Two little boys were lost in the mountains above the town

The father went out hunting the boys had stayed behind

While mother tended to her chores they wandered from her side

The two had gone to follow him and lost their way instead

By dusk the boys had not been found and fear had turned to dread

200 men had gathered there to comb the mountain side

The fires were built on the highest peak in hopes they'd see the light

Oh mommy and daddy why can't you hear our cries

The day is almost over, soon it will be night

We're so cold and hungry and our feet are tired and sore

We promise not to stray again from our cabin door

Now Jacob Dibert woke one night from a strange and eerie dream

He saw a path between two hills near a dark and swollen stream

He told his wife he saw the boys huddled close beside a log

For two more nights the dream returned this vision sent from God

Oh mommy and daddy why can't you hear our cries

The day is almost over, soon it will be night

We're so cold and hungry and our feet are tired and sore

We promise not to stray again from our cabin door

a thousand men had searched in vain the west side of Bob's creek

But Jacob's wife knew of this place and said to travel east

With a guide to take him there, Jacob came upon the scene

And found the boys cold and still beneath the old birch tree

Oh mommy and daddy, look past the tears you cry

We're both up in Heaven now, God is by our side

As you lay us down to rest in the presence of the Lord

Know that we will meet you here at Heaven's door

Oh mommy and daddy, look past the tears you cry

We're both up in Heaven now, God is by our side

And as you lay us down to rest in the presence of the Lord

Know that we will meet you here at Heaven's door

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, I cry alot. So here are some, a very few artists who get me crying and singing and oh heavens dancing. Annie Lennox, K.D. Lang, Nina Simone her solitude would destroy you, Morrissey, some of Chris Isaak, I used to die for Linda Ronstadt, Sarah Vaughan unbelievable, Patsy Cline, oh and Judy Garland. And also Yo-Yo Ma. Damn Ella Fitzgerald. This must be one of those trick questions.

That's why I'm avoiding listening to 'em, but I'll probably end up listening anyways :(

mainly two songs off the top of my head make me cry...in fact I'm listening to one right now trying to keep the tears back :(

- This is the live version, it was the same day her grandpa died so she had trouble singing a lot of her songs and even broke down while singing one in his memory

- self explanatory, had to watch quite a bit of my friends and family die in my life, most of the funerals I've been to have played this song

I think the song was originally done by another artist, but Declan sings it so well. (Same for tears in heaven, he has a version of that too...)

-- If you can find it, try the original ACM one. I defy anyone to stay dry eyed at the end, when the women and children of the fallen soldiers are revealed.

I'm Already There By Lonestar. I have an audio version that has clips, messages for the troops in the field that's even more tear-wrenching, but no way to share it.

Skin -- You have to listen to the end to really get the impact. The song as a whole is sad; the ending is... beautiful. Beyond words. When she reaches out... and touches just... skin...

I hope you Dance

Have you Forgotten

These are a little less likely to make others cry, but they touched me in various ways:

Depnding on the mood, this one can produce something of laughter or tears... or both. A girl whose own mother is forced, out of desperation, to turn her into a prostitute, because there were simply no other options left. And that girl took it, and ran...

This one isn't likely to get as many of you, but... it spoke to me. Probably my favorite version of this song.

And with that, I think I've posted more than enough... And FYI: my already overclogged sinuses (allergies suck) hate you all!

• Like 2