Rapture to occur May 22

I'm very disappointed I was really looking forward to it. I had plans to take over Arizona while a friend took over Alaska and then we were going to join together to topple California.

:(

As a non christian European, I didnt understand the meaning of this topic, which seems to be something special for people suffering from psychiatric disorders related to the Christian religion.

I searched a translation of the word "rapture" and found :

"Ecstasy, bliss, extreme joy; state of being carried away with emotion; belief that at the end of the age both living and dead Christians will be caught up to heaven to be with God (Christianity)"

??????????????

Psychiatric clinics in the United States are apparently not numerous enough and not big enough to hold all these people ?:stupid:

As a non-christian American, I don't understand it either, but as often as they repeat the prediction I am sure we will figure it out eventually.

But of that day and hour knoweth no [man], no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only. - Matthew 24:36 (King James version)

I guess they forget about this Bible verse. If you're going to be religious, then read the so-called good book more often. :stupid:

@ old bob- This is what the rapture is supposed to be:

Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 1 Thessalonians 4:17 (King James Version)

Okay, I just quoted two Bible verses. That is disturbing :ph34r:

Oh yeah. Very disturbing! I hope you didn't just happen to have them at the front of your mind.

So they sold their stuff because they wouldn't need it anymore, some lady whack job slit her kids throats rather than go through the "tribulation", and that idiot Camping apparently is the only one who got raptured because he's disappeared.

Matthew 24:3- 5 says, “As Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately, “Tell us,” they said, “when will this happen, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?” Jesus answered, “Watch out that no one deceives you. For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will deceive many.”

Oy. Well, at least this guy is still around, I guess we need more examples of how not to be a Christian.

The guy that started this is a radio preacher from California. He has done it before in 2000, 1994, 1988.

I notice that his web site is still open and taking credit card contributions.

Another site claims that the Rapture happened as discussed an no one but "the elect" noticed it.

Everyone else must endure the Tribulation (a period of troubles after the Rapture). To become one of the Elect send 99.95 for the family kit...

• Like 1

The guy that started this is a radio preacher from California. He has done it before in 2000, 1994, 1988.

I notice that his web site is still open and taking credit card contributions.

Another site claims that the Rapture happened as discussed an no one but "the elect" noticed it.

Everyone else must endure the Tribulation (a period of troubles after the Rapture). To become one of the Elect™ send 99.95 for the family kit...

You forgot to include shipping and handling :P

The Rapture thing just need to end.

This cracked me up:

Doomsday prophet, followers ‘flabbergasted’ world didn’t end

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thelookout/20110523/ts_yblog_thelookout/doomsday-prophet-followers-flabbergasted-world-didnt-end

Some of my favorite quotes:

Camping's PR aide, Tom Evans, told the L.A. Times that the group is "disappointed" that 200 million true believers weren't lifted up to heaven on Saturday while everyone else suffered and eventually died as a series of earthquakes and famine destroyed the Earth.

What good Christians they are - too bad everyone but us didn't suffer and die.

Keith Bauer, a 38-year-old tractor trailer driver, took a road trip with his family to see the Grand Canyon before the world ended. "With maxed-out credit cards and a growing mountain of bills, he said, the rapture would have been a relief," the paper writes.

Some might want to break it to this guy but he is REALLY stupid. Basically he was hoping for the end of the world and some how figured he'd be one of the chosen. Clearly he hadn't gotten an invite because if he had he'd known it was real.

Then there is this wise chap:

Robert Fitzpatrick, who spent $140,000 of his life savings to advertise the rapture in New York, said he was dumbfounded when life went on as usual Saturday. "I do not understand why ...," he told Reuters while awaiting the event in Times Square. "I do not understand why nothing has happened."

:stupid:

And finally:

"One man, his voice quavering, said he was still holding out hope that they were one day off. Another believer asserted that their prayers worked: God delayed judgment so that more people could be saved, but the end is 'imminent,'" she reported.

Guess were not out of the woods yet.

• Like 1

This cracked me up:

Doomsday prophet, followers ‘flabbergasted’ world didn’t end

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thelookout/20110523/ts_yblog_thelookout/doomsday-prophet-followers-flabbergasted-world-didnt-end

Some of my favorite quotes:

Camping's PR aide, Tom Evans, told the L.A. Times that the group is "disappointed" that 200 million true believers weren't lifted up to heaven on Saturday while everyone else suffered and eventually died as a series of earthquakes and famine destroyed the Earth.

What good Christians they are - too bad everyone but us didn't suffer and die.

Keith Bauer, a 38-year-old tractor trailer driver, took a road trip with his family to see the Grand Canyon before the world ended. "With maxed-out credit cards and a growing mountain of bills, he said, the rapture would have been a relief," the paper writes.

Some might want to break it to this guy but he is REALLY stupid. Basically he was hoping for the end of the world and some how figured he'd be one of the chosen. Clearly he hadn't gotten an invite because if he had he'd known it was real.

Then there is this wise chap:

Robert Fitzpatrick, who spent $140,000 of his life savings to advertise the rapture in New York, said he was dumbfounded when life went on as usual Saturday. "I do not understand why ...," he told Reuters while awaiting the event in Times Square. "I do not understand why nothing has happened."

:stupid:

And finally:

"One man, his voice quavering, said he was still holding out hope that they were one day off. Another believer asserted that their prayers worked: God delayed judgment so that more people could be saved, but the end is 'imminent,'" she reported.

Guess were not out of the woods yet.

II'm staying in MY neck of the woods, Andy!

btw still have the fingers crossed

• Like 1

Maybe we've got it all wrong. :)

Perhaps the Rapture was canceled because God didn't want to spend all eternity with a bunch of idiots and morons. He probably decided to just proceed with the "Tribulation". You know, earthquakes, tsunamis, floods, tornadoes, volcanoes, ending at some point with fire and brimstone, the usual "Wrath of God" things the preachers go on and on and on about ad nauseum from their pulpits each and every Sunday.

Makes as much sense as anything Camping and his ilk have been spouting. Posted Image

Pity the poor fools who fall under the spell of these charlatans.