[DomLuka] DD 27 (post release discussion)

just admit that it's going to be rory and seth in the end already. yeesh.

as for when dd ends, dom'll start a new story. he'd better. cuz if he doesn't...well, let's just say he'd better. 0:)

I would have to agree there he will Hopfully write us another story I dont know what I would do without another :(

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been reading Dom's stories since I found it on Nifty about a year ago. I must say of all the well known gay-theme authors on the net, Dom tops them all. Each of his stories has a different flavor to it. TLW, TOU, and DD are all awesomely written stories that keep you begging for more. I'm with the band-wagon of Domaholics.

As with this chapter of DD, I wasn't surprised that it ended with a cliffhanger. As most chapters of his stories end in that way, we should've gotten used to it by now. But it's so good that we have to have more right away or else(hopefully this REALLY doesn't happen to anyone) we'll go in to withdrawal mode and start acting irrationally. I'm not going to say who I think should be with who because that is up to Dom. Whatever happens I'll be happy with it. Well, that's all I have to say for now.

P.S. I think Dom should start writing something new as DD is going to end sooner or later. It would be something that all of us would be looking forward to when DD ends.

Dear Dom,

You chapters lately have been like crack. I feel like I'm floating when I'm reading them. And then I get to the cliff hanger ending and come crashing down.

Let's work on keeping me floating, kay?

Love, Caipirinha.

P.S. As always, job well done.

Oh Aaron.

Sigh.

Where's the redemption? You do nothing to help yourself you silly little boy. Even if you were being honest, why can't you see that you're just not exactly the spitting image of a good person that someone would want to stay with? Not be with. Stay with.

Seth and Rory are sweet together. I've never really been too sure about a Rory/Luke pairing, because they are too much like best friends at this point - the dynamic would fundamentally shift if they got together, even in pain.

But that said, I'm not putting it beyond Dom to reveal the Mother of All Freaking Twists (MAFT) and show us that in actual fact, this is all a carefully constructed scheme by Aaron to win Luke back. Or that Seth and Aaron are really still together and are just playing with Rory, bouncing him between them so that it does eventually force him towards Luke.

Or, you know, something similar. Along those lines. Just as shocking.

I still don't think we're done with Aaron. His part in this story isn't over. It can't be. He's tied to too many characters within the story, and if he really does want Seth more than Rory or Luke, he'll surely make a play for him at somepoint...

I just want him to redeem himself. Is that so much to ask?! :( lol.

Gail's ambivalence towards Aaron was funny. And the was mouth out 'with soap' thing was good. I didn't think we'd actually have that happen. lol.

And that final scene.

Crikey. It almost broke my heart.

I've sort of admired Rory for wanting to hold onto that present until his birthday. But everything Luke said, it makes sense. The only one holding Rory back this time, the only one I suppose you could say lying to Rory, is himself.

Ugh. Damn you, Luke. You said all the right things. You're a perfect boyfriend. I don't believe it. :P

And Dave is coming over to stay? Best friend Dave? The one that people think is the real object of Luke's affections?

Oh.

How interesting. :read:

OMG :( I think I just depressed myself because I've come to the realization that DD will be ending. Now don't everyone get your panties in a wad, Dom has not said that DD will be ending *soon*, but that day will come, eventually... :blink:

Actually, I really felt like this chapter was the beginning of the denoument for DD. Most of the major issues that have come up in the story are beginning to be resolved. Rory has found a guy, found some closure with Aaron, is starting to fix things up with his grandmother, and is opening the package, which I think will be the thing that allows him to finally find peace with regard to his mother's death. There are certainly things left to resolve (figuring out who Luke's secret love interest is, Rory deciding whether or not to stay there or go back to Alice, etc.), but I felt like this chapter was really the beginning of the end.

Andrew

Okay, so Aaron really is as big a prick as he seems...that does give me closure somehow. Now I'm just afraid Seth might still like him. I'm reminded of the scene, a few chapters back, at that party that Angela dragged Seth to (not the one with Drunken Seth) and he runs into Rory and Rory tells him he ran into Aaron on his way home from Seth's house. Seth's reaction to that announcement seems odd now. Like he wanted to know what Aaron was thinking, if Aaron said anything about him. At first I thought he expected Aaron to bad mouth him, but now i'm thinking he was looking for some sign that Aaron still likes him. Anyway, great chapter.

P.S. Loved that Rory's 1st warrior instinct was to 'slap' Aaron, not punch. ha, so gay.

And I'm not sure who I want Rory to be with now, I think Seth is sooooo sweet, and thoughtful. Not many guys his age, when in the position that he was in (i.e. about to get a bj) would be responsible enoug to stop so that his...are we calling Rory his bf yet??...didn't get in trouble for being out past his curfew! And also the fact that he stopped Rory before that so that he could do Rory was really sweet too imo.

This scene reminds me of a similar one with Quinn and Jude (cant remember the chapter). I wonder if the Parallel has significance.

Lmao, as for the new story, Dom said he is also working on a sequal to TLW involving Dennis as the protaganist.

Blasphemous though it may be to say this i'm not really looking foreward to that. Dennis didnt really grab my attention and his problems would make him just as annoying as Rory was in the start if not worse.

I wanted to tell him that he was just lucky that I wasn't telling my grandma about how he randomly liked to disrobe. But, I refrained from it. Grandma Alice would have had way too much to say on the topic.

Did anyone else find this amusing? Could the Grandma Alice - Luke theorists actually be on to something? Has the world gone mad?

Wynter

As always a great chapter, damn timezones. I see there are already 3 pages on the forum before I had the chance to read the chapter.

I agree with the Rory/Seth hookup. I like the way Seth went from beeing shy, not taking initiative to take over the action which started, leaving Rory flustered, but not able to reprocicate :P .

As for Aron and Seth back together, I don't think that 'll happen. Didn't Seth say he came to the party to tell Aron it was over? Besides, I really think he likes Rory, else he wouldn't have stopped Rory and taken over.

What to think of Jase catching th e two lovebirds in some heavy making out session? I'ld like to hear the conversation between Jase and Eddy/Rory about this one. Could be some interesting comments coming up along with the necessary blushes :*)

And like most, I'm back to beeing curious as what is in the packet Rory's mum sent him.

all we can do is wait, be patient and wait.

Taptaptap (just for old times sakes hehehe)

Peter

Ok, as I see it, Aaron (tls) has two choices. Join the French Foreign Legion and find himself or go live with Grandma Alice where he can intercept phone calls from Rory and continue to drive him nuts asking questions about Seth and Luke. :devil:

Yes, Seth and Rory are definitely sweet together. :wub: I have to agree with Ben - Seth has super-human integrity. Hmmmm, Seth was thinking, get Rory home on time or give Rory the breakfast of champions? Way to go, Seth! :2thumbs:

Rory will stay in the desert with his da. Alice must live alone...if she gets to live at all.

I certainly thought Luke was seriously crushing out on Rory. Now I'm not so sure. He's such a cool dude. If Aaron is in fact his secret crush, Dom has his work cut out for him in making that happen. Aaron really needs to do one of dkstories's Do Over's.

Hugs,

Conner :boy:

Will we be looking back to this chapter to see that it was the time when we should have seen that Rory and Aaron's reconciliation was in the works?

Eddy will never allow Rory to date Aaron. He may well send him back to grandma rather than let Aaron screw with another member of his family.

I have been reading Dom's stories since I found it on Nifty about a year ago. I must say of all the well known gay-theme authors on the net, Dom tops them all. Each of his stories has a different flavor to it. TLW, TOU, and DD are all awesomely written stories that keep you begging for more. I'm with the band-wagon of Domaholics.

As with this chapter of DD, I wasn't surprised that it ended with a cliffhanger. As most chapters of his stories end in that way, we should've gotten used to it by now. But it's so good that we have to have more right away or else(hopefully this REALLY doesn't happen to anyone) we'll go in to withdrawal mode and start acting irrationally. I'm not going to say who I think should be with who because that is up to Dom. Whatever happens I'll be happy with it. Well, that's all I have to say for now.

Same here I started reading "The Log Way" last year and have been a huge fan ever since. I really do not post much because I don't have much to say I guess. Anyways I do have to agree with you, we should not be all that surprise with the cliffhanger endings. Dom's gonna be doing that :thumbdown: I don't like it much but it make the next chapter even better :2thumbs:

Now I just hate waiting for the next story to post ....sighs... what to do what to do :(

rekop1

Edited by rekop1

Kitty posted this on May 2nd. I think it's something to think about as we deal with what's in the box and Grandma Alice's reaction to Rory on the phone in Ch 27:

I just went back and reread the letter, too, and I saw something new. These were Rory's mom's exact words:

Now for the hard part. If you

The contents of the box will include pictures of Rory's evil brother Aaron, whom his mom put out for adoption.

u just blew my mind--ty :blink: i think i really needed that :devil:

Now I just hate waiting for the next story to post ....sighs... what to do what to do :(

rekop1

my method includes a cocktail of valium, alcohol(southern comfort works nicely), large amounts of caffeine and sugar--all consumed at 4:20--works very well for passing time between chapters. :nuke:

it's either that or go outside and deal with the snow for me :thumbdown:

I wonder what Grandma Alice is scheming? Or what was she trying to do? hmmmmm....

good point vic--makes me kinda wonder if there's anything else grandma alice failed to do or say so far...... :blink:

Edited by Tim the Slut

I think that Rory's mom really wanted Rory to go and live with his dad, but Alice doesn't, and whatever's in the box will make him really want to stay with his dad. So that's why she's been reluctant to give it to him, buuuutt, she couldn't not give it to him because I mean, how guilty would you feel not giving a kid the last ever gift they'd have from their mother??

It's a picture of Grandma Alice in her birthday suit.

Something like that is cause enough for even those who to have "seen it all" to stay far, far away from old people of any kind.

:thumbdown: ewwwwww nasty mental image--any old lady in a birthday suit ewwwwwwww :thumbdown:

take your nasty mental images and go offend some other forum now tyvm

I'm pretty sure I still want Luke and Rory to end up together, but now that's only because Luke is my favorite character. I don't think I'd be upset anymore if Rory ends up with Seth.

I really like Rory and Seth together, they both seem really happy and I actually am finding myself wanted them to ultimatly end up together. But I want to see Luke happy in the end too.

Yep I pretty much agree with you two ladies. I've always hoped for Rory/Luke too, and we all know how I used to feel about Seth......but he's been pretty cute and sweet lately, and after that last chapter, I think I really do hope they stay together. I mean their relationship thus far seems pretty healthy and happy, so it would be unfortunate if it ended (unlike the disfunctional Rory/Aaron relationship).

Can we officially write Rory off as Luke's love interest? Because really:

That definitely isn't secret crush behavior. Don't get me wrong, just a few chapters ago I was sure that Luke and Rory would end up together, but now it's seems like that ship has sailed.

I totally agree, if someone I really liked was telling me about some else that he'd kissed I'd be so...not smiling and stuff....

And I'm not sure who I want Rory to be with now, I think Seth is sooooo sweet, and thoughtful. Not many guys his age, when in the position that he was in (i.e. about to get a bj) would be responsible enoug to stop so that his...are we calling Rory his bf yet??...didn't get in trouble for being out past his curfew! And also the fact that he stopped Rory before that so that he could do Rory was really sweet too imo.

I also agree with you two. I was convinced that Rory was Luke's crush, but he really isn't showing it much anymore, and if he isn't, that's terrific, because then he could still end up living happily ever after with whoever it is, and Seth/Rory can stay together. BTW I love the way you phrased that Ben "I'd so.....Not be smiling and stuff" :D I like to talk that way myself!

Aaron and Rory are finished, finito, no mas!!!! Chapter 27 was the closure chapter for Aaron & Rory, while the Rory and Seth relationship strengthens.

Now is Rory & Seth the final chapter? Or does Rory have one more relationship in him (RLITE) to close out DD?

I will have to say that we are running low on chapters. While Dom said that DD will be longer than TLW, TLW only went to chapter 30 and we are already at chapter 27. I fear we're running out of chapters for Rory & Seth to break up and for Rory & Luke to end up happily ever after.

Vic the Domaholic

Yup, I agree Vic; it looks like we're running out of chapters for Rory/Luke, and Rory/Seth is looking good, sooooo I guess I'll have to hop on the bandwagon. **takes off his LRITE pin, and runs over to play monopoly with the RSFS's** :P .....Sigh I think I'll hang on to that pin just in case

Actually, I really felt like this chapter was the beginning of the denoument for DD..... but I felt like this chapter was really the beginning of the end.

Andrew

Yep I'm afraid you're right Andrew :/

Noooo, it can't end soon, they still have to go on vacation!!!!!

Perhaps they don't actually take the vacation within the confines of the story.....or my guess would be that it's described in an epilogue (like with TLW and TOU).

Is she dying?

That's what I'm afraid of. :( It seems like much was made about how tired she sounded. And I think the whole spiel about painting the house and having stuff for Rory to do when he comes home was just her efforts to reassure him. I suspect she wants to talk to Eddie about all the final arrangements and discuss how they're going to break the news to Rory.......as pretty much the only person around here who likes Grandma Alice, I doubt I can find anyone to commiserate with :/

Oh Aaron.

Where's the redemption? why can't you see that you're just not exactly the spitting image of a good person that someone would want to stay with? Not be with. Stay with.

I just want him to redeem himself. Is that so much to ask?! :( lol.

yep I'm scared we won't get our Aaron Redemption, Tempus :pissed:

But that said, I'm not putting it beyond Dom to reveal the Mother of All Freaking Twists (MAFT) and show us that in actual fact, this is all a carefully constructed scheme by Aaron to win Luke back. Or that Seth and Aaron are really still together and are just playing with Rory, bouncing him between them so that it does eventually force him towards Luke.

Or, you know, something similar. Along those lines. Just as shocking.

Well I definitely don't think Seth is that messed up, and I really don't even think Aaron is. And I couldn't see what their motivation would be, unless Luke is in on it as well and either much closer with them than it seems, or hanging some kind of threat over their respective heads. Which would be the hardest part to swallow for me; I can't imagine Luke doing anything like that. And even if he were the unknowing recipient of their "largess" I also don't think he'd look too favorably on it once he found out (I.E. even if he wanted Rory, he wouldn't want him that way)

And Dave is coming over to stay? Best friend Dave? The one that people think is the real object of Luke's affections?

Oh.

How interesting. :read:

Well I've certainly never been able to fathom how someone as sensible and all around terrific as Luke could let himself get that attached to a straight guy, but at this point, as unlikely and completely unrealistic as it seems, I think I'll have to hope that Dave is secretly bisexual or something. Just for the sake of a happy ending for Luke.

....SO that what I thought....grr wish I hadn't been so behind on this thread lol. Anyway take care and have an awesome day everyone!!

Kevin

(This was what I originally meant to post, I'm not sure why but something with the quotes messed up the first time. Anyway sorry I went on so long, but you guys posted so much in such a short period of time!)

Edited by AFriendlyFace
That's what I'm afraid of. :( It seems like much was made about how tired she sounded. And I think the whole spiel about painting the house and having stuff for Rory to do when he comes home was just her efforts to reassure him. I suspect she wants to talk to Eddie about all the final arrangements and discuss how they're going to break the news to Rory.......as pretty much the only person around here who likes Grandma Alice, I doubt I can find anyone to commiserate with :/

I love grandma Alice.....so does Luke, he just hasn't some to terms with his complex feelings of lust yet

for some reason i feel like maybe aaron said those things about him liking seth all this time just cause it would hurt rory and he couldn't let rory be the one to break up with him cause that would be unacceptable so saying that would give him the upper hand. but on the other hand, his story's supported by the fact that he invited seth to the movie and whatever...but is aaron stupid enough to think that rory couldn't just tell seth that stuff? or maybe he thinks rory wouldn't. i don't know. but i want to