[DomLuka] DD 27 (post release discussion)

Just for the sake of a happy ending for Luke.

Did it ever occur to anyone that Luke's 'happy ending' could just be as simple as Rory staying? That way Luke has his continuing companionship (as a quasi-sibling - not as a romantic interest). Why is it necessary for Luke to 'couple up' with someone for him to have a happy ending?

Sharon

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did it ever occur to anyone that Luke's 'happy ending' could just be as simple as Rory staying? That way Luke has his continuing companionship (as a quasi-sibling - not as a romantic interest). Why is it necessary for Luke to 'couple up' with someone for him to have a happy ending?

Sharon

Because 'coupling' is fun to read about when the character is as hot as Luke.

Wynter

Edited by Wynter
for some reason i feel like maybe aaron said those things about him liking seth all this time just cause it would hurt rory and he couldn't let rory be the one to break up with him cause that would be unacceptable so saying that would give him the upper hand. but on the other hand, his story's supported by the fact that he invited seth to the movie and whatever...but is aaron stupid enough to think that rory couldn't just tell seth that stuff? or maybe he thinks rory wouldn't. i don't know. but i want to

My denial about Luke & Rory is dying faster with each chapter. The only way I could see Dom twisting it at this point is that Seth is actually using Rory to get Aaron. I know this sounds like a HUGH stretch but Seth seemed a little too interested about Aaron when Rory had his run in with him on the road home from Seth's and Seth still seems to look out for Aaron (note the party Aaron took Rory to and Rick's party). Could it be that Seth is trying to make Aaron jealous with Rory in an attempt to get him back and show him what he's missing out on because of Aaron's philandering ways.

Whew... that took the last ounce of denial I had... I may have to accept Seth & Rory in Ch.28.

BTW, Alice didn't need Rory's help painting the house because she's getting it ready for him to sell as her time is up. (And I almost feel bad for her... maybe she'll visit and with her already noted dangerous driving skills take out Aaron with the Eddie's newly repaired truck paving the way for her to sweep Luke off his feet for avenging the injustice done to him 0:) )

Could it be that Seth is trying to make Aaron jealous with Rory in an attempt to get him back and show him what he's missing out on because of Aaron's philandering ways.

I think if he was trying to make Aaron jealous the most effective thing to do surely would have been to let Rory blow him and then he could have told Aaron that...I think he just knows that Aaron is uber-manipulative and was worried about how he might have manipulated Rory.

Edited by BoyNeedsTherapy

So it's come to this.

Despite all reason and logic(as an LRITE, it was inevitable that I forsake them) I still believe Luke and Rory will be together in the end.

As much as I'd hate to see it, I still think we're going to see an Aaron turnaround. In the end he and Seth are going to be together, after Aaron learns his lesson. Rory is going to return home for a short time, probably for Grandma Alice's funeral, and when he returns he'll realize it's Luke he needs.

So it's come to this.

Despite all reason and logic(as an LRITE, it was inevitable that I forsake them) I still believe Luke and Rory will be together in the end.

Hold Strong :2thumbs: ...

As others have mentioned, maybe Seth is using Rory to get to Aaron. But instead of just a bj, his plan is to one up Aaron...So Seth is still in character until he busts Rory's cherry :blink: .

A stretch? Absolutely!!! Us LRITErs have faith (read stubborn).

And no matter what...our theory is still better than NJ's Grandma Alice/Luke pairing :lmao::lmao: .

Take Care®,

Vic the LRITEr to the End (or at least until Dom writes otherwise).

So it's come to this.

I agree. We may be wrong, but if we are right, the vindication would be sweet.

Okay okay I am grasping at straws here BUT I am still clinging to Rory and Luke.

Don't flame me too bad--perhaps Dom plans on killing off Seth. Remember when he asked how people would feel about a major character dying?!?! Stretching even further-- perhaps, Aaron loses it and kills Seth in a jealous rage--Okay, probably not. LOL

As sweet as Rory and Seth are, I still love the idea of best friends Luke and Rory becoming lovers. I have come to like Seth and would like to see him happy--just not with Rory. After all, he sat back and let Rory endure the horrible Aaron thing when he could have pursued Rory also.

I'll be okay if Rory and Seth end up together but I'll be really happy if Rory and Luke are the final couple. Rory seems to bring a certain joy to Luke that none of the other characters do--and Luke does the same for Rory. Seth, on the otherhand, seems pretty self contained.

Great chapter Dom!

Okay okay I am grasping at straws here BUT I am still clinging to Rory and Luke.

Don't flame me too bad--perhaps Dom plans on killing off Seth. Remember when he asked how people would feel about a major character dying?!?! Stretching even further-- perhaps, Aaron loses it and kills Seth in a jealous rage--Okay, probably not. LOL

As sweet as Rory and Seth are, I still love the idea of best friends Luke and Rory becoming lovers. I have come to like Seth and would like to see him happy--just not with Rory. After all, he sat back and let Rory endure the horrible Aaron thing when he could have pursued Rory also.

I'll be okay if Rory and Seth end up together but I'll be really happy if Rory and Luke are the final couple. Rory seems to bring a certain joy to Luke that none of the other characters do--and Luke does the same for Rory. Seth, on the otherhand, seems pretty self contained.

Great chapter Dom!

The major character is probably Grandma Alice :( .......poor Luke

My denial about Luke & Rory is dying faster with each chapter. The only way I could see Dom twisting it at this point is that Seth is actually using Rory to get Aaron. I know this sounds like a HUGH stretch but Seth seemed a little too interested about Aaron when Rory had his run in with him on the road home from Seth's and Seth still seems to look out for Aaron (note the party Aaron took Rory to and Rick's party). Could it be that Seth is trying to make Aaron jealous with Rory in an attempt to get him back and show him what he's missing out on because of Aaron's philandering ways.

Um, or perhaps it could be that Seth thought Rory might still take Aaron back. He wanted be assured that Rory and Aaron were through (it seemed like he thought Rory was cheating on Aaron and made Seth 'the other guy', as he probably was so with Aaron and Luke). The soap thing further proves this theory as he "punished" Rory for not calling, and worrying him like that. It's sweet, really (not the soap thing :P ), considering that they had shared their first kiss only that morning.

Hey, everyone, do yourself a favor. While you're waiting for DD 28 to come out, go back and read chapters 26 and 27 back-to-back. Most of us don't take time to do it -- myself included. When chapters come out serially, we tend to read the latest chapter, and only if we need to do we go back and check out and earlier chapter, ususally to check out something we've forgotten.

But in these two chapters, Dom has done something extraordinary. Read them as one long, sensuous love-making session. Several people commented on the chapter 26 discussion about the eroticism of Seth and Rory taking the walk. What Dom did in building the tension and sexuality of that scene was astrouding. There is a texture to that passage that most writing never reaches. We can feel -- I mean feel -- the hairs on their arms. We can feel the light touch of the fingers. When a palm got touched it sent a shiver right up my arm. I know that feeling exactly. And Dom built it from just a tiny beginning into a tsunami of emotion. It was an sexual peak that was as satisfying in its intensity as it was frustrating at the interruption. That hand-holding scene was hotter than most sex scenes are by lesser writers.

Dom forces us to take a break to deal with Eddie, Aaron and ice skating. This, I think, was a stroke of genius (and yes, take that any way you want). It starts all over again in the bathroom with the kissing, but we are really taken back to the hand-holding first at the skating rink and then at the movie. Then Dom moves us to some heavy make-out action. I have never, in all my reading on Nifty and elsewhere, seen kissing described so well. Even if you have never kissed romantically, you just know what it's like from Dom's description. And if you ever have had a heavy session, you realize how absolutely on-target this whole thing is. It is so expertly written. We get a detailed description of how Rory gets into Seth's pants, but, brilliantly, Seth is in Rory's pants before Rory realizes it. By the time Rory explodes in Seth's hungry mouth, we are exhausted.

This is a two-chapter love scene. The foreplay is unmatched, and the relief is palpable. I love Dom's plot twists and character development, but this -- this was genius.

Anyone who has tried to write a love scene (and I have) just has to appreciate what Dom has done here. Honestly, I am humbled by these two chapters. Two of the best I have read anywhere.

Thanks, Dom.

Journeyman

Hello,

I am new to the board but a long time lurker. I just wanted to say how funny it is watching all you guys go back and forth on who is going to end up with who. All the ideas are great, and I have a funny feeling dom thinks so too and is tailoring the story based on all your great responces lol. I know everyone who is in the the Luke/Rory camp wanted luke to make a move, but did you ever think after the kiss a couple chapters back that was maybe it was Lukes resolution in his mind(For the time being) like he thought (At the time, though it really did not develop until the next chapter) that since Rory liked Seth that that was his one little shot at what he wanted? Now dont get me wrong by what I just said,I am still in the Luke/Rory camp till the end, but it is just weird how all mention of lukes love life/feelings just faded away after the last chapter. You would think there would be some mention if Rory (even as a friend) cared about luke that he would still have some interest in who this mystery person was (After all he does have to know everything). Luke seems to me like he is forcing him self to act like a friend, his whole personality changed since Rory got with seth. I know these last 2 chapters have been in the Seth/Rory favor, but you cant go back on all the textual evidence in the last 25 chapters before them. No resolution(There will not be one really untill Luke ends up with someone else) means anything is still open for play. I just have this great feeling there is still one more big suprise in this story. Just my 2cents

I am still clinging to Rory and Luke.

Well when you're done can I have a go at Luke? :P

I have come to like Seth and would like to see him happy--just not with Rory. After all, he sat back and let Rory endure the horrible Aaron thing when he could have pursued Rory also.

Seth, on the otherhand, seems pretty self contained.

Actually the exact same thing can be said about Luke. And I think in both cases they were just making an effort to not confuse Rory or make things any harder for him.....Although Seth kinda did try to interfere

I still like the idea of Luke/Rory too, but at this point the Seth/Rory thing is so adorable and seemingly "right" that I'm afraid I'll have to switch over.

This is a Dom story... forehead to forehead... come on! The question of who Rory will be with in the end has been answered and shoved in our faces.

I repeat: Forehead to forehead! :P

I think you're right Ann.

He wanted be assured that Rory and Aaron were through (it seemed like he thought Rory was cheating on Aaron and made Seth 'the other guy', as he probably was so with Aaron and Luke).

I don't think Seth was one of the people Aaron was cheating on Luke with. Seth doesn't seem like that kinda guy to me.

Hello,

I am new to the board but a long time lurker.

Welcome!

have a fantastic day everyone and take care (and your vitamins)

Kevin

I'll venture a guess that after we learn what the present is, that there will still a few big surprises left, including this situation of Rory leaving or not, but also we have yet to achieve full closure on Aaron (I got this funny feeling something bad will happen).

Kevin, it doesn't matter if he isn't that kind of guy. I don't see him as that kind of guy either (I love the kid), but he might not have known what was going on around him, being infatuated with Aaron's charm (as Rory once was).

I'll venture a guess that after we learn what the present is, that there will still a few big surprises left, including this situation of Rory leaving or not, but also we have yet to achieve full closure on Aaron (I got this funny feeling something bad will happen).

My guess is that Dom is through with Aaron, too. I was hoping that Aaron was a more complex character, but this has turned out to be wishful thinking, to say the least. In hindsight the textual evidence cannot be overlooked: He tried to play Rory and Seth off against each other, expecting both to succumb to his dominant style. But this time he obviously picked the wrong persons. When his tactics failed, he wasn't even able to change them.