[DomLuka] DD 27 (post release discussion)

WHOO HOOO!!! Closure between Aaron and Rory!!! :2thumbs::2thumbs:

But now that we know for sure that Aaron liked Seth better than he likes Rory, will Aaron try to get back with Seth, and will Seth cave?

And just when we thought it was safe to get out of the water, the birthday present rears it's head.

Great Chapter!!!!

Take Care®,

Vic

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you ever wanted evidence that Dom is pure evil, just read this chapter. He knows damn well most people have been wanting to know what's in that box...and he goes into good detail about how careful Rory is in unwrapping the thing...and then the end of the chapter happens.

Dom, the evil writer, sits in front of his computer, cackling with evil glee as he finishes Chapter 27, imagining all the horror, outrage, and gasps from his readers when they reach this part of the chapter.

How do I know this? I do the same thing (just ask Robert).

So ... Aaron likes Seth. I wonder how far he'll be willing to go to get Seth back? Our could Rory just be a pawn in a little competition between them to prove something to each other? Who can hurt the other one more? Perhaps not ... Seth seems like a good guy, but with all of the twists and turns in the plot, anything could pretty much happen at this point.

I'm also retracting my comment on Rory's seeming "chastity" ... he's a horny little mofo! That also makes it hard to understand how nothing at all has happened between him and Luke "in the heat of the moment." I also thought the whole thing with Rory washing his mouth out with soap was pretty cute.

But ... Dom has got to stop it with these darn cliffhangers ... it causes stress ... it's going to make me die too soon or something with what it does to my nerves. Pathetic? I know ... but it's an intruiging story, and it's entirely unpredictable like most other stories out there. At this point, I really think anything could happen.

Another thing I noticed was that Grandma Alice seemed to be expecting Rory to go back home too. What if Rory ends up deciding that he wants to stay in Arizona, and then Grandma Alice says that she wants him back in Nevada? How do you resolve that kind of problem? And what does she have to talk to Eddie about? Is she dying? Does she want to fight for custody? (she'd lose)

I loved this chapter!

"I can’t believe you made me do that," I was saying as I entered Seth’s room, lifting the bottom of my shirt to wipe my tongue every few moments. The shirt didn’t taste much better than the soap. "I haven’t had my mouth washed out with soap since I was six and told my grandma she was a slut because some kid at school said it was supposed to be a compliment."

LOL! I cracked up reading that.

I really think that Rory and Seth are great together. FINALLY they did the good deed...but I still am hoping for a Luke & Rory ending...but i don't know how that's going to come about, because Rory is infactuated with Seth...but hey, A guy can dream, can't he?

Dom, this was a great chapter...but another cliff-hanger as well! :wacko: I'm going crazy!

Toottles!

Danny

Edited by Danny

*makes noises of horror and outrage* Okay, so I had a feeling that cliffhanger was coming, but really!

I'm sure Aaron will try to screw things up when he realizes that Seth and Rory like each other, but no way will Seth cave. If for no other reason, I think Dom knows how bloodthirsty we'd all get.

I'm finally starting to like Rory. I really hated him at the beginning of the story, because he was just so whiny, always running off and having tantrums. At last, he's starting to listen to the people around him and realize how lucky he is to have them, especially Luke. And it definitely earns him points that he's not still hung up on Aaron.

Val

First off: Aaron is a selfish ass.

Now that the obvious has been stated let's begin with more important matters like the fact that Seth and Rory are the cutest thing ever! Seriously, the movie date was sweet AND hot.

Can we officially write Rory off as Luke's love interest? Because really:

"I kissed him," I admitted, and Luke's smile reappeared and did wonders for his curiosity.
That definitely isn't secret crush behavior. Don't get me wrong, just a few chapters ago I was sure that Luke and Rory would end up together, but now it's seems like that ship has sailed.

I'm not sure how I feel about Grandma Alice now. I have a feeling that her reason for not telling Rory the truth is going to be stupid and horrible, but only time will tell. As far as the Eddie/Rory relationship goes, I think it's nice that they're bonding and are acting like a normal father and son.

And Dom did a wonderful job on this chapter (and I'm really glad it got posted so I wouldn't obsess about it during midterms).

Edited by c.a.

Can we officially write Rory off as Luke's love interest? Because really:

"I kissed him," I admitted, and Luke's smile reappeared and did wonders for his curiosity.

That definitely isn't secret crush behavior. Don't get me wrong, just a few chapters ago I was sure that Luke and Rory would end up together, but now it's seems like that ship has sailed.

I totally agree, if someone I really liked was telling me about some else that he'd kissed I'd be so...not smiling and stuff....

And I'm not sure who I want Rory to be with now, I think Seth is sooooo sweet, and thoughtful. Not many guys his age, when in the position that he was in (i.e. about to get a bj) would be responsible enoug to stop so that his...are we calling Rory his bf yet??...didn't get in trouble for being out past his curfew! And also the fact that he stopped Rory before that so that he could do Rory was really sweet too imo.

Edited by BoyNeedsTherapy

I'm not willing to completely write off a Luke & Rory pairing yet, since there have already been so many monkey wrenches thrown into the story. I think almost anything is possible at this point. And although it seems as though there has been "closure" with Aaron, I don't think so. He likes Seth ... and Rory likes Seth ... and Seth apparently likes Rory more than Aaron ... I don't have the feeling that Aaron is going to take that lying down, and I can see some drama unfolding. It's interesting, however, that the antagonist role in this story is a gay guy, as opposed to the typical antagonists in online gay fiction (i.e. homophobic straight guy, ex-girlfriend scorned, psycho parent who can't handle their kid being gay). So, we have an entirely new kind of antagonist here, and I'd have to say that it's quite revolutionary, in a way.

I'm wondering now if the present will give Rory any kind of "closure" when it comes to why Grandma Alice did what she did ... it may just give him some closure regarding his mom. I'm equally interested in what Grandma Alice and Eddie are going to talk about ... although it could easily just be to check in and see how things are going. But I think Grandma Alice may end up playing a more crucial role (or seriously affecting the plot, at least) in the coming chapters.

Now I'm just hoping that Ch. 28 will be posted by the weekend ... I can at least dream, can't I? hehe 0:)

Ok, first, let me start off by saying......

YAY!!!!!!!!!! I knew it was going to be Seth and Rory the whole time!!!! Im sooooo excited for them!!!!! (jumps up and down gayly)

Ok, now on to the rest of the chapter.........we haven't seen the last of Aaron(tls). I know for sure Im going to get flamed for this, but I wonder if Lukes secret crush isn't Aaron.....he said it would be someone who's not interested, and he seemed happy that Aarons two last bf's are hooking up(Seth and Rory...yay!!!). Of course he thinks that Aarons not interseted after he stole a car and tried to make it out to be Lukes idea. But maybe there's still hope for them, especially since I have a really bad feeling about Grandma Alice's health.....maybe she has alzhiemers or something (I hope not). If she did, there's no way she would tell Rory about it before she told Eddie about it. Things are definitely looking bad right now for Luke and Grandma Alice.

As far as the package goes, I don't think an Al Stewarts Greatest Hits CD featuring the smash hit Year of the Cat is going to answer all of Rory's questions, but it will provide endless hours of listening pleasure :) .

Okay, I just read over the chapter (yes, I know I'm crazy/obssesive like that and no I don't live near you :P ) and I realized that Rory laughed when he was with Seth like constantly. I counted nine times!

It's really clear that Seth is good for Rory, and okay, now that I've got that out of my system, I'm seriously going to focus on midterms now! :D

Oh, and if I hadn't mentioned this before; Dom, you rock!

Loved this chapter. I have been a fan of Rory and Luke from the beginning, but him and Seth are really sweet together. Does that make me a traitor? I'm still hoping for a "love was right in front of me all the time, but I didn't see it with Luke" kind of scenerio, but I'm not sure that is going to happen. He seemed really happy for Rory when he was told about him and Seth kissing.

I don't know I am still hoping for it to come out that he was just some big bargaining chip between Aaron and Seth. Not that I want Rory hurt anymore, just that the history with Aaron and Seth is a little vague. Or maybe I am just way past intervention and too far gone on this story. :blink:

Say it with me Dom..cliffhangers are evil. The package, need to know what's in the package.

I'm not willing to completely write off a Luke & Rory pairing yet, since there have already been so many monkey wrenches thrown into the story. I think almost anything is possible at this point.

I always thought Luke/Rory was a bad idea, and I'm glad it doesn't look like it's going that way. Rory's got enough going on at home with trying to figure out what kind of relationship to have with Eddie, and where he stands with Jase. If he and Luke were anything more than friends and that went south, it would screw everything up. The whole household would become really uncomfortable and Rory definitely wouldn't want to stay there.

Val

As far as the package goes, I don't think an Al Stewarts Greatest Hits CD featuring the smash hit Year of the Cat is going to answer all of Rory's questions, but it will provide endless hours of listening pleasure :) .

Ok, at least we both think it might be something for endless hours of pleasure, however, similarities end there my friend.

I think it's probably a box of Trojans just to make him smile 1 last time :D

My favorite quote from the chapter:

"Your'e completely delusional,"I informed him.

Edited by Tim the Slut
Guest topher3579

so, i've been reading dom's stories for, oh, many many months now, and this is the first time i've decided to post something, because i <3 dom's stories and i think i should give him some feedback.

but also because the cliffhangers are sending me to an early grave.

i really liked this chapter though, but of course, it ended with the horrible suspense of what is in the parcel.

damn.

::weeps silently::

oh well, i suppose i'll just have to wait until 28 comes out.....

i'll just keep checking the site every day, it's ingrained into my daily routine.....

-chris

Okay, I have officially warmed up to Seth. I think I'm actually rooting more for Seth/Rory at this point than Luke/Rory. :blink: If Luke does like Rory, he is taking way too much time to show any interest at all. I would be frustrated.

And all the empathy I had for Aaron is gone--he's a prick. I think it's worse that he said that he likes Rory, just not as much as Seth. If he was just using him.. for some reason that would be easier to cope with, imo.

I like the longer chapters. Although they take a little longer, it feels more fulfilling after you read through it. :read:

But now that we know for sure that Aaron liked Seth better than he likes Rory,

We know that? We know something to be true just because Aaron said it?

I'm not suggesting this is the case, but it would certainly be in character for Aaron to say that to Rory as a way of making him jealous and arousing Rory's interest in him again. If so, it seems to have backfired, and if anything got him jealous over Seth, not Aaron.

And Rory's irresistable urge to go to Aaron, is he in some denial about feelings he still has? Can we say "ambivalence"?

Will we be looking back to this chapter to see that it was the time when we should have seen that Rory and Aaron's reconciliation was in the works?

And what about Dave's visit? I guess we could start a poll to see how many want a threesome with him and Luke and Rory, and how many would add Seth for a foursome. And then someone would point out how strange it is to fantasize over fictional characters.

:2thumbs: Wonderful Dom Wonderful

Ok So I am being a trator to myself, but I reallylike Rory and Seth together, they both seem really happy and I actually am finding myself wanted them to ultimatly end up together. But I want to see Luke happy in the end too. and part of me would love to see the Rory and Luke thing go into motion but I am also perfectly content on Rory and Seth as well. *Sigh* Im so confused. I think what it is , is thast I like Seth and Luke and do not want to see eather one of them Heart Broken.

Your Killing me very slowly Dom.

Oh and I FINALLY found two pics that I think two of the characters look like on dd peoples

Edited by OTRFK
We know that? We know something to be true just because Aaron said it?

A la NicholasJames8, Yes! :P

Aaron and Rory are finished, finito, no mas!!!! Chapter 27 was the closure chapter for Aaron & Rory, while the Rory and Seth relationship strengthens.

Now is Rory & Seth the final chapter? Or does Rory have one more relationship in him (RLITE) to close out DD?

I will have to say that we are running low on chapters. While Dom said that DD will be longer than TLW, TLW only went to chapter 30 and we are already at chapter 27. I fear we're running out of chapters for Rory & Seth to break up and for Rory & Luke to end up happily ever after.

OMG :( I think I just depressed myself because I've come to the realization that DD will be ending. Now don't everyone get your panties in a wad, Dom has not said that DD will be ending *soon*, but that day will come, eventually... :blink:

Then what'll we do? :wacko:

Take Care®,

Vic the Domaholic

Aaron and Rory are finished, finito, no mas!!!! Chapter 27 was the closure chapter for Aaron & Rory, while the Rory and Seth relationship strengthens.

Now is Rory & Seth the final chapter? Or does Rory have one more relationship in him (RLITE) to close out DD?

I will have to say that we are running low on chapters. While Dom said that DD will be longer than TLW, TLW only went to chapter 30 and we are already at chapter 27. I fear we're running out of chapters for Rory & Seth to break up and for Rory & Luke to end up happily ever after.

OMG :( I think I just depressed myself because I've come to the realization that DD will be ending. Now don't everyone get your panties in a wad, Dom has not said that DD will be ending *soon*, but that day will come, eventually... :blink:

Take Care

Take Care