Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Circumnavigation (99+57) final chapter: From Hell's Heart

The wait for the final chapter is over.  You are to be well congratulated.

I'm glad Trevor and crew were able to keep up with the eye of the hurricane.  Getting navigation and artificial daylight from the Herkybird were a great aids their survival.  Clearing the reef, riding the surge, turning the boat to face into the oncoming hurricane's  rear wall and loosely lashing to the trees were brilliant tactics.

This chapter did have some disappointments. The "fortuitous" proximity to a powerful back hoe was more fantasy than reality.  Hearing that things were not going well for the the exposed cartels lacked the specific gory details written in earlier chapters.  The final arrival of the Atlantis, completing the circumnavigation, dismasted, with patched bullet holes deserved more hoopla and media attention. 

All in all, Circumnavigation has been a story I've lived with for the last two years.  I've cringed, smiled, laughed and worried week in and week out.  Thank you, CJ and your editorial friends. 

This chapter did have some disappointments. The "fortuitous" proximity to a powerful back hoe was more fantasy than reality

How common are backhoe loaders in Mexico, I do not know, but the size required to dig Atlantis and shift her is remarkable small.  This is because of her very light weight.  A UK medium size backhoe[75hp] which is found on every building site will do it.  This equates to a small USA backhoe

https://www.deere.com/wps/dcom/en_US/products/equipment/backhoe_loaders/310k_ep/310k_ep.page?

Here is a youtube of keel boat being moved, 

This boat is ten times more difficult than Atlantis, and the backhoe used is miles too big.  It could not get close enough to Atlantis.

In the UK, you pay extra for a non yellow backhoe. :o

• Site Moderator

When you stop to think about it, Shane was in no shape to stay aboard Atlantis. Both Trev and Shane needed medical attention.

I had told CJ by Trev allowing Lisa and Joel to motor Atlantis back to Florida, it gives them their 15 minutes of fame. What I didn't think of at the time, was it gives them some closure to the whole Bridgett situation.

Congratulations CJ a really good chapter it certainly stirred all them different emotions in me even tears as Trev and Shane stood together

This has been a great book to read in a couple of weeks I will start at the beginning and slowly make my way to the last chapter

Thank you for sharing this with us

im not one to post messages (this one is only my second on gayauthors)

but i could not stay quiet and not compliment you CJ it has been a wild and enjoyable ride from the beginning 2 years ago

and im sad to see the story finally over but am happy to read the survival of our hero's

and cant wait to read the epilogue and find out about the happy ever after

anyway now off to find something new to read

Thanks again for giving me something to look forward each week these past 2 years 

oh great master of words and high edges  

• Like 1

im not one to post messages (this one is only my second on gayauthors)

but i could not stay quiet and not compliment you CJ it has been a wild and enjoyable ride from the beginning 2 years ago

and im sad to see the story finally over but am happy to read the survival of our hero's

and cant wait to read the epilogue and find out about the happy ever after

anyway now off to find something new to read

Thanks again for giving me something to look forward each week these past 2 years 

oh great master of words and high edges  

B) ................If you haven't read it yet, go to CJ's forums and read FTL, that is the next proposed sequel of that story.

Dear Mr. James,

Thank you, thank you for these past 2.5 years of such beautiful entertainment! Your attention to detail, character development, intrigue, suspense and down right evilness is truly a remarkable talent.  I am honored to be the first to state that this story, and perhaps the delivery where we can think about the cliffhangers for weeks prior to the safety net which you seem to find with ease, is the best, most entertaining muse I have ever had the chance to experience! I would also like to acknowledge the contributors in the forum, without which the story would be less than it is.  To understand that I am not the only reader who lies awake at night pondering the future of Trevor and Shane and gets on the internet to research the locations and history which you reveal to us is quite comforting. We especially liked RedA's Fogelberg rendition of The Minstrel!!  A fitting ending to an outstanding Novel.  Now I, like many others can't wait to start over from the beginning.  Thanks again!    :joe:  :joe:  :D  :thankyou:

• Like 1

@ Benji - If I remember correctly, I think the last word was Trev's car was still parked at Joels house.

If the insurance company was to deny the claim to rebuild Atlantis, Trev could still probably afford to get her rebuilt. There still may be some issues regarding it. The one good thing is Bridgett won't be able to claim Arnold's gold.

Hopefully CJ will address some of those pending issues in the epilogue.    I think the fearless foursome should make out well with the media.  I see a trip to NYC and appearances on Today, GMA etc in their future as well.

CJ I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. Masterful writing! When i first saw it posted I thought to myself.....do I really want to read it now or save it. But i couldn't resist. Well done dude! I am looking forward to the epilogue - tie up some loose ends and see where their future lays. Thank God for happy endings!

• Like 1

I think this is the only book I've read that has ever actually gotten my heart racing "literally", whilst they where in the swells of the hurricane. I've thoroughly enjoyed every moment with Trevor, Shane, Joel & Lisa and even Bridget who I liked maybe more then I should have. I started reading around 2 years ago and I just feel so privileged to be allowed to be able to read something which clearly has taken such a lot of love to create. I read Dan Browns new novel over the weekend and finding this today I can certainly say I know which ending I preferred! It'll be sad to not have my weekly fix anymore but thank you for the journey it has been quite the pleasure. :thankyou: 

Other than adding my thanks to CJ and his magnificent team that have spent a few years giving us Circumnavigation, what else is there to say but "wow"!

...and of course, very sad that this tale is essentially over - sniff...

LOVED IT!!!   Thanks CJ!   I just was able to read it.  I've been camping the past week in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and didn't have wifi or reliable cell service.  I was very happy to come home and see it posted. 

Thank you for a well written story with a protagonist that mostly survived a protagonist.  :-)

And yeah, I'm also looking forward to the final epilog. I'll miss the characters... as well as finding out how they liquidate the huge chunk of gold which at today's prices is about $2200.00 an oz. (and no I'm NOT gonna ask about troy ounces versus regular ounces).

TY again.

• Like 1

I can easily see the insurance company denying any claim, as the evidence is there that they purposely went into a Cat 4/5 hurricane (Act of God if nothing else).  But between the book deal and the gold, Trev can afford the rebuild.

"Trevor smiled softly, taking Shane's hand in his own, 'it's finally over'"

What a way to end the chapter!! These words put a fitting end to the narrative, echo CJs thoughts I'm sure after years of painstaking work to complete this sensational tale, and also fit our heatfelt feelings of relief and bittersweet reflection.

I'm very proud of this work.....it's a true reflection of an author deserving of high praise. I think final chapter may be best one......visually stimulating scenes from the tower scene to the backhoe.....and the command center reaction......amazing.

Edited by bayoudreamn
  • Site Administrator

It has taken me a while to get around to posting a final comment. Not only did the chapter take two days to read, but I really can't sum up what this story has meant to me over the past 3 years.

The knowledge that it is complete is somewhat relieving, but on the other hand disappointing. Mixed feelings all around.

Special thanks go out to CJ and all his team for this tremendous work. Like others, I too would like to see what a publisher would say about putting it in print. I think CJ would be surprised :) .

One last thing, and I'll be back ;) did anyone else picture the picture below when we first heard of Trevor's plans :D

Atlantis_zps15df2207.jpg

It has taken me a while to get around to posting a final comment. Not only did the chapter take two days to read, but I really can't sum up what this story has meant to me over the past 3 years.

The knowledge that it is complete is somewhat relieving, but on the other hand disappointing. Mixed feelings all around.

Special thanks go out to CJ and all his team for this tremendous work. Like others, I too would like to see what a publisher would say about putting it in print. I think CJ would be surprised :) .

One last thing, and I'll be back ;) did anyone else picture the picture below when we first heard of Trevor's plans :D

Atlantis_zps15df2207.jpg

B) .................Looks good Steve, However I didn't know Joel was that skinny!!  :lol:

Edited by Benji

I can't even begin to say how incredible this story is. It has to be one of my all time favorite reads and I read a lot of books, I practically live in a library. Amazing work CJ. You have kept us all hooked from the very start. Mixed feelings on this being the end though. Every great story deserves an incredible ending like this, however it makes me want to cry knowing this is the end for some of my favorite characters. There are just no adequate words to describe how I feel right now. Amazing. Absolutely amazing story.

Edited by Danny707
  • Like 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..