Wiping Your Butt

Tomas

When you are born, as a baby, you are helpless, so you have adults wiping your butt and cleaning you up. As you get older, you are potty trained and learn to wipe your own butt and clean yourself up.

Then you go on to get an education, and hopefully, find a fulfilling occupation. Maybe have a family and kids of your own.

After a period of time, the infirmaries of old age start to creep in or maybe you get some debilitating disease and possibly end up in a nursing home or a long term car facility where you realize that you have come full circle and once again you have adults wiping your butt and cleaning you up.

I USE BOUNTY AND THEY ARE REALLY REALLY SOFT AND I USE TO WIPE FROM THE FRONT NOW I WIPE FROM THE SIDE AND SOMETIMES I DONT WIPE IF IM ABOUT TO JUMP IN THE SHOWER AND THERE ISNT MUCH ANYWAYS SO I JUST WASH MYSELF :) :) OH AND I STILL USE JOHNSONS BABY OIL THEY MAKE YOUR SKIN SOOOO SOFT!!!

• Like 1

• Site Administrator

Hmmmm, good question Mike ;) I was thinking the same thing.

This might be a subject that Tomas is making about the circle of life, how you start up is also the way you end up before you die.

Although not a pleasant subject, it made me reflect on two people that I knew that died of cancer... My mother and my best friends dad. Both died too early in my opinion and interestingly enough, both went into hospice care when they did not have the strength to get to the washroom anymore. Both were catheterized but neither was comfortable about a bowel movement into an adult diaper. On both of their death certificates it doesn't say 'cancer' it says bowel blockage.

I guess neither of them dying young enough could lose their pride to do that in a diaper. Too much emphasis is placed on the simple fact of not being able to control your body functions.

Sure, some people have a stroke and are incapacitated and probably have no choice.

Also, people inflicted with Crones and Colitis have to deal with it all their lives yet a colostomy bag is usually an alternative.

I'm not sure how I will be when I reach that age :unsure: I imagine it is something that all of us will probably have to consider unless we go quickly. :(

• Like 2

MikeL, I think the poster is just sharing, no more, no less.  We're all going to get old, and who knows what's going to happen.  the first response just threw things a little off balance. :P  -_-

Edited by joann414

Well, so long as we're sharing...

When I stand up after using the throne, I always look into the bowl before flushing.  Just can't help myself.  Must be some habit left over from potty training.

TMI???  :o

• Like 1

When I stand up after using the throne, I always look into the bowl before flushing.  Just can't help myself.  Must be some habit left over from potty training.

you'd like German thrones then - the, er, fruits of your labours, sit steaming on a nice little platform to enable you to have a real good look, or even a prod, before you hit the flush button and consign your pride and joy into subterranean oblivion with a titanic cataract of water... :lol:

TMI??? :rofl:

• Like 1

you'd like German thrones then - the, er, fruits of your labours, sit steaming on a nice little platform to enable you to have a real good look, or even a prod, before you hit the flush button and consign your pride and joy into subterranean oblivion with a titanic cataract of water... :lol:

TMI??? :rofl:

Aw come on, this is sooo last century, we don't have those anymore unless you especially want them in your bathroom. :no:

Aw come on, this is sooo last century, we don't have those anymore unless you especially want them in your bathroom. :no:

the experience is indelibly burned into my memory :(

*is now flicking through therapy brochures... :funny:*

• Like 1

You were just too old when you had this special experience, had you been around 18 months up to three, four years... :funny:

Edited by aditus
  • Like 1

YOU DO THIS TOO??? OMG, I thought I was the only one and was just really weird!!  :o

EDIT:

It's hilarious that we're even having this discussion. ROFLMAO! What I don't quite get are bidets. Who has time to wipe, spritz, get totally dried down there, etc.? But, I've never tried it, so what do I know?

My parents have a bidet. My mum uses it to wash her hair. :P

Also, I second Gene Splicer's comment about baby wipes. They're the best thing ever!

Edited by Thorn Wilde
  • Like 1

I can't believe I'm participating in this thread.

I hate not being clean. So unsexy.  :P

But you don't have to travel to the diaper aisle and buy baby wipes. These days there are wet wipes marketed under the Charmin and Cottonelle brands, intended for adults, right there in the store next to all the standard-issue toilet paper.

They're awesome.  :boy:

• Like 1

Apparently last July London sewer officials reported removing a 15 ton, bus sized blob of grease and wet wipes. Baby wipes aren't truly flushable even when they say they are and even Charming and Cottonelle butt wipes don't break down but the do shred.

I did some web research and yes, like many others, I find it hard to believe that I'm writing on this topic. But, as a side note, I have been a great fan of the Cottonelle wipes since they came out.

Jeeez!!

Who would have thought that an innocent little post that was nothing more than an observation that some humans end life the same way that they began life, with other adults wiping their butt, would generate so many responses.  :lol: 

• Like 3