Message added by Myr,

Carlos passed away on Jun 16, 2023:

7 hours ago, Bre Czaroux said:

i just recently started reading the CJ stories, based on a recommendation of a friend, and I have to say that i am hooked.  i just started reading Travels, and can't wait to see what CJ gets up to.  Keep up the great work!

Welcome to the CJ-verse, Bre! My thanks to you for reading and your friend for suggesting my series. Smart man or woman. :P

I look forward to your reactions and or comments.

Carlos

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...
On 6/17/2015 at 3:02 AM, Carlos Hazday said:

Welcome to the discussion thread for CJ’s series.

All things CJ are fair game, I simply ask you be respectful of others.

I will actively participate in the discussion. Ask questions, speculate about what’s coming, or bitch about what happened.

We’re now open for business!

CJ: Stories

Carlos, FYI, the CJ: Stories link took me to the site's Newest Stories page rather than CJ stories.

On June 19, 2015 at 8:04 AM, Carlos Hazday said:

:rofl:

And I humply offer my thanks, but I ain't bowing!

I'm hoping that's a spelling error and you meant 'humbly', and not something referring to Wednesdays or a camel's romantic rendezvous. 

I like the silver medallion. But I'm biased being a fellow Taurean. And that's no bull. 

• Haha 1
10 hours ago, Anton_Cloche said:

I'm hoping that's a spelling error and you meant 'humbly', and not something referring to Wednesdays or a camel's romantic rendezvous. 

I like the silver medallion. But I'm biased being a fellow Taurean. And that's no bull. 

I do like humply men. LOL

When's your birthday?

On September 14, 2020 at 5:54 AM, Carlos Hazday said:

I do like humply men. LOL

When's your birthday?

24th. But to paraphrase Hugh Hefner, (and oddly enough Gore Vidal) 'You're only as old as you feel, so grab a couple of cheerleaders'.

14 hours ago, Anton_Cloche said:

24th. But to paraphrase Hugh Hefner, (and oddly enough Gore Vidal) 'You're only as old as you feel, so grab a couple of cheerleaders'.

So you're on the 24th, I'm on the 23rd, my niece is on the 22nd, and so's CJ & Owen's daughter, Liebe. Good company! :P

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...

Hi, Carlos. I found a grammar booboo in Chapter 9 of Cadet. I'm a copy editor and sometimes can't turn it off even when reading for enjoyment.

"Perched on the side of the mountain, the tractor was one way of reaching the lavishly appointed structure; skis, boards, and snowshoes were the alternatives."
By placing the "perched on" phrase where you did, the mountain-perching refers to the tractor. While it's true the tractor was be-perched, I'm pretty sure you meant to point out the perched-ness of the Game Creek Club.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, frosenblum said:

Hi, Carlos. I found a grammar booboo in Chapter 9 of Cadet. I'm a copy editor and sometimes can't turn it off even when reading for enjoyment.

"Perched on the side of the mountain, the tractor was one way of reaching the lavishly appointed structure; skis, boards, and snowshoes were the alternatives."
By placing the "perched on" phrase where you did, the mountain-perching refers to the tractor. While it's true the tractor was be-perched, I'm pretty sure you meant to point out the perched-ness of the Game Creek Club.

I think I'm going to give you this one. And I'm picky with reader suggested corrections. LOL

I'll fix it tomorrow. My final copy first so I don't lose it or forget it!

EDIT

For the record, I cringe when I read some of my earlier work, I don't even want to look at those chapters at times. And I find myself with less patience for badly written stories. Particularly when the author has been around for ages and there's been no improvement in the prose.

Edited by Carlos Hazday
1 hour ago, Carlos Hazday said:

I think I'm going to give you this one. And I'm picky with reader suggested corrections. LOL

I'll fix it tomorrow. My final copy first so I don't lose it or forget it!

EDIT

For the record, I cringe when I read some of my earlier work, I don't even want to look at those chapters at times. And I find myself with less patience for badly written stories. Particularly when the author has been around for ages and there's been no improvement in the prose.

That's definitely not you. I've found most of your early stories worth re-reading (and I do) because your ideas were interesting even when you were learning the how of writing. And you've kept on improving with every story and are now a master.

• Love 1

@frosenblum

Thank you!

The sentence in chapter 9 has been modified.

BTW, the reason I said I would accept your suggestion was because it was borderline. The offending :P sentence was the second one in a 2-sentence paragraph. When taken in context, together with the preceding one, the fact I referred to the restaurant as being perched was a bit clearer. I think it's VERY clear now. LOL

8 hours ago, Carlos Hazday said:

@frosenblum

Thank you!

The sentence in chapter 9 has been modified.

BTW, the reason I said I would accept your suggestion was because it was borderline. The offending :P sentence was the second one in a 2-sentence paragraph. When taken in context, together with the preceding one, the fact I referred to the restaurant as being perched was a bit clearer. I think it's VERY clear now. LOL

I agree that, taken in context, the meaning was clear. That's why I didn't notice the "offense" during my first read. That damn copy editor part of me poked it's head out the second time around and wouldn't shut up. Though, IMHO, the revised paragraph is very clear and smoother reading to me.

BTW, I lean the other way about "proper" English when speaking. If you clearly understand what someone said, including their body language, why fuss about the way they said it? It's often just snobbery. Street English, Black English, or Southern English are as good as formal Ivy-League-educated English. 

The reason I'm fussier about precision in writing material is that, without out it, some readers get a different meaning than the writer intended. 

• Love 2
  • 6 months later...
On 5/22/2020 at 5:46 AM, Carlos Hazday said:

Welcome to the CJ-verse, Bre! My thanks to you for reading and your friend for suggesting my series. Smart man or woman. :P

I look forward to your reactions and or comments.

Carlos

I have binge read everything in the CJ-verse, and continue to be amazed at your developement.  Now it's time to go back and re-binge, while I wait to see if you bring anything new out :P

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Bre Czaroux said:

I have binge read everything in the CJ-verse, and continue to be amazed at your development.  Now it's time to go back and re-binge, while I wait to see if you bring anything new out :P

Thanks for the feedback and I'm delighted you enjoyed the stories. A new story chronicling CJ, Owen, and Liebe's time in Mexico City is coming soon. I'm writing chapter 35 this week and there are 2 or 3 more after this one. As of right now, it's the second longest one I've written word count wise, so readers will have plenty to sink their teeth into.

• Love 4
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/6/2021 at 8:58 AM, Carlos Hazday said:

Thanks for the feedback and I'm delighted you enjoyed the stories. A new story chronicling CJ, Owen, and Liebe's time in Mexico City is coming soon. I'm writing chapter 35 this week and there are 2 or 3 more after this one. As of right now, it's the second longest one I've written word count wise, so readers will have plenty to sink their teeth into.

I've been wondering what happened in Mexico, so can't wait to read all about it.  35 chapters will make for a nice long read.  Hope it's up soon. :D

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, Bre Czaroux said:

I've been wondering what happened in Mexico, so can't wait to read all about it.  35 chapters will make for a nice long read.  Hope it's up soon. :D

Imagine what other readers have gone through. I needed a break from CJ himself, so I wrote a bunch of side stories. Once I'm done with the epilogue, I need to do some cleaning g and ill start posting. 35 chapters plus meaty prologue and epilogue.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

Imagine what other readers have gone through. I needed a break from CJ himself, so I wrote a bunch of side stories. Once I'm done with the epilogue, I need to do some cleaning g and ill start posting. 35 chapters plus meaty prologue and epilogue.

Will you be posting on Fridays as usual.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Will you be posting on Fridays as usual.

In all likelihood. After all, @northie and I have been sharing Fridays for a while. Since she's currently posting the third story in her Too Late series, I think I should keep her company. :P

• Haha 2
  • 3 months later...

In Hail to the Chief, Supreme Court Chief Justice Barack Obama swears CJ in as President in 2041.

I'd like to thanks Associate Justice Stephen Breyer for his years of service on the Court. And I'd like to remind President Biden I told him he had to appoint Obama. We'll worry about Barack becoming Chief Justice as soon as John Roberts gets out of the way. :P

• Haha 2

In Hail to the Chief, Supreme Court Chief Justice Barack Obama swears CJ in as President in 2041.

I'd like to thanks Associate Justice Stephen Breyer for his years of service on the Court. And I'd like to remind President Biden I told him he had to appoint Obama. We'll worry about Barack becoming Chief Justice as soon as John Roberts gets out of the way. :P

President Biden pledged to appoint a black woman. Would Michelle Obama satisfy you? You could claim you just noticed a slight typo in HTTC.😁 I bet she'd make a kick-ass (literally) Supreme Court justice.

• Love 2
On 1/27/2022 at 3:11 PM, frosenblum said:

President Biden pledged to appoint a black woman. Would Michelle Obama satisfy you? You could claim you just noticed a slight typo in HTTC.😁 I bet she'd make a kick-ass (literally) Supreme Court justice.

Thought about it... Maybe after Roberts croaks. 

Edited by Carlos Hazday
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

Considering one of my main characters' a marine (Brett) and a younger jarhead has been a hit in CDMX (Austin) I found McDonald's offering what some consider an homage to the Marine Corps (Land, Air, and Sea meal)

I'm curious to try it but doubt I could eat the whole thing.

https://www.marinecorpstimes.com/off-duty/2022/01/28/did-mcdonalds-just-release-a-marine-corps-burger/?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Air Force DNR: Recurring Campaign 2021 2022-01-28&utm_term=Editorial - Air Force - Daily News Roundup

• Haha 1

Considering one of my main characters' a marine (Brett) and a younger jarhead has been a hit in CDMX (Austin) I found McDonald's offering what some consider an homage to the Marine Corps (Land, Air, and Sea meal)

I'm curious to try it but doubt I could eat the whole thing.

https://www.marinecorpstimes.com/off-duty/2022/01/28/did-mcdonalds-just-release-a-marine-corps-burger/?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Air Force DNR: Recurring Campaign 2021 2022-01-28&utm_term=Editorial - Air Force - Daily News Roundup

Where is Dagwood when you need him?

• Haha 1