Message added by Myr,

Carlos passed away on Jun 16, 2023:

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Carlos Hazday said:

It feels weird not to post on a Friday! 

yeah, i understand. i looked for your latest this morning as well.  You wrote something to be proud of and people will continue to find and read and reread.  So what are you looking at now ... i am trying to finish my final chapter of my next. Struggling a bit though i'm not sure why.

Have you started planning something new?

• Like 2
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

yeah, i understand. i looked for your latest this morning as well.  You wrote something to be proud of and people will continue to find and read and reread.  So what are you looking at now ... i am trying to finish my final chapter of my next. Struggling a bit though i'm not sure why.

Have you started planning something new?

May as well come clean with you.

The next offering--a one chapter CJ story-- will go live the first Friday in July. It's already written and posted.

Renee has another one-chapter short story (non-CJ) for editing. I hope to share that one in August. This morning I sent Parker the last three chapters of something I've been working on for a while. 26, 1k-word chapters to post Sep-Nov. He's been beta reading and Kitt's editing.

This morning I also wrote a bit for a Christmas story, but that will crank up when I get back from a short trip to Tampa. I'm going to check something out as research for another story. If I don't stay busy, I'll end up getting in trouble. LOL

• Like 2
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Carlos Hazday said:

The next offering--a one chapter CJ story-- will go live the first Friday in July. It's already written and posted.

Renee has another one-chapter short story (non-CJ) for editing. I hope to share that one in August. This morning I sent Parker the last three chapters of something I've been working on for a while. 26, 1k-word chapters to post Sep-Nov. He's been beta reading and Kitt's editing.

This morning I also wrote a bit for a Christmas story, but that will crank up when I get back from a short trip to Tampa. I'm going to check something out as research for another story. If I don't stay busy, I'll end up getting in trouble. LOL

That's all good stuff!  I will likely not read the 26 chapter thing till it's done ... cuz i just don't like that kind of thing. I just think why are you torturing me with tiny chapters for weeks? Your pal's and a few others i stopped reading for that reason. But i guess some like it. I don't have that time to invest but when i can sit and read it properly i will.

My next i wrote in chapters of at least 5k words plus. There are 7 maybe 8 we will see.

I figured we'd see CJ again soon ... :) 

Ha, in trouble can be a load of fun!   I know.

• Love 4

@Mikiesboy

I tackled the ik project as an experiment and I ended up liking it. Because of the serial posting schedule, it forced me to strip back each chapter to the basics. Instead of my usual sprawling stuff, I had to concentrate on what was really important. I suspect it won't come near the popularity of the CJ series, but it was a good exercise. Hell, I may do it again.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

@Mikiesboy

I tackled the ik project as an experiment and I ended up liking it. Because of the serial posting schedule, it forced me to strip back each chapter to the basics. Instead of my usual sprawling stuff, I had to concentrate on what was really important. I suspect it won't come near the popularity of the CJ series, but it was a good exercise. Hell, I may do it again.

You need that sort of basic thing to be able to write a good short story. Short stories are not just long stories shortened, they are different and as you say you are forced to choose and write carefully. I love them. And they must still meet the expectations of a long story.. beginning, middle, climax and end.

Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Carlos Hazday said:

@Mikiesboy

I'm with tim. While I understand and appreciate the effort that goes into writing 1k chapters they tend to leave me anxious for more. It's like being stuck in stop-and-go traffic on the interstate. Still I look forward to what both of you post next.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
31 minutes ago, dughlas said:

It's like being stuck in stop-and-go traffic on the interstate. 

Perfect analogy.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Site Moderator
4 hours ago, Carlos Hazday said:

Looking forward to all of this. But gee, waiting until September is going to be tough. Then again, short chapters are perfect for a binge read, so I may wait until it’s done. 

• Like 4
On 3/28/2019 at 7:39 AM, Carlos Hazday said:

It does feel strange. I never imagined it would go for this long or that the books would be so popular on GA over the past few years.

I set out to write a light-hearted, positive tale and ended up with a saga that at times kept tissue companies in business. I hope I elicited laughter and joy along the way. CJ, Ozzie, the Squad, and the Elite will be a part of my life forever. Hopefully, a few readers will feel the same when it's over.

I lost track of the stories at some point, and don't remember why.  Been intending to go back to the beginning and read them.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

Looking forward to all of this. But gee, waiting until September is going to be tough. Then again, short chapters are perfect for a binge read, so I may wait until it’s done. 

If things go as planned, I will post something every month during 2019. I think that's plenty of Carlos to go around.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Fae Briona said:

I lost track of the stories at some point, and don't remember why.  Been intending to go back to the beginning and read them.

Do it! There are two readers binge reading the series right now so you wouldn't be the only one. I actually like it but it can be distracting. Someone will like a chapter, I won't remember all the details, so I'll go look. An hour later, I've read the chapter and all the comments. We've had some doozies over the years and my responses at times confuse me. But what the heck, it's still enjoyable.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Site Moderator
On 4/22/2018 at 7:15 AM, Carlos Hazday said:

My sincerest apology to all for being somewhat quiet. As you might know, I'm out of town. Once I left the train, my laptop's been off and my limited responses have been through my phone. I'm not the most technically savvy person (I'm OLD) so it's not easy for me to type on those little keys with my fat fingers. I'm leaving New York City on Tuesday afternoon, will spend 24 hours on the train, and will try to reply/comment on everything then.

Although the post-dated feature for stories was working fine while the previous installment was being published, it seems broken again. I'll post chapters manually in the future. Timing will change, I'm not waking up so they can go live at 4:00 am US EDT. LOL

This picture was taken yesterday. I'm channeling CJ and Harley in it. That's the same jacket they wear. And yes, I know at my age maybe I shouldn't dress like a millennial hipster but ask me if I care. :P Love you all. Thanks for the reception of the new installment and I promise it's going to be a fun ride for the next couple of months.

Poking around and came across this. Must have been something being there, eh Carlos? Then again, I didn’t know how significant this place is the first time I saw this post. 

• Love 3
  • 2 months later...
  • Site Moderator

Currently reading a story that has one of the MC's the proud owner of one of these trikes aka an HD tri glide Ultra.

I can picture the MC being the guy in this image as he was out exploring his new home and the surrounding landscape. 

And, yes @Carlos Hazday, the MC is a leather Daddy ;)

19-trike-tri-glide-ultra-hero.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • 7 months later...

i just recently started reading the CJ stories, based on a recommendation of a friend, and I have to say that i am hooked.  i just started reading Travels, and can't wait to see what CJ gets up to.  Keep up the great work!

• Like 1
  • Love 1