Message added by Myr,

Carlos passed away on Jun 16, 2023:

54 minutes ago, frosenblum said:

Ah, yes, the wonderful Chapter 12 of Cadet.

It starts in the paradise of Alaska and ends in a swimming pool in Key West. And some shit happens in between.

There were also a few scenes that were outtakes from Top Gun.  

LMAO

One of the reasons for choosing Alaska was writing about traveling from one end of the US to the other.

I haven't seen the new Top Gun. Did they borrow scenes from my story?

• Haha 3
15 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

LMAO

One of the reasons for choosing Alaska was writing about traveling from one end of the US to the other.

I haven't seen the new Top Gun. Did they borrow scenes from my story?

The movie's big aerial scenes take place in Iran rather than Alaska, but you might go see the movie to make sure they don't owe you a bunch of money for stealing your creations. It was a fun movie, with great flying sequences, good acting, an okay plot, and the comfort of knowing everything would turn out well so you can sit back, relax and enjoy.

• Love 3
  • 5 weeks later...

BTW

Although Everhope will go live soon, I'd like to talk about Wheels. I'm heartbroken :( What I thought was a clever move went unacknowledged.

I may just have to kill Brion's dog and replace it with one with a better name. I'm telling the cops you guys made me do it.  :devil:

• Wow 1
  • Angry 1
18 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

BTW

Although Everhope will go live soon, I'd like to talk about Wheels. I'm heartbroken :( What I thought was a clever move went unacknowledged.

I may just have to kill Brion's dog and replace it with one with a better name. I'm telling the cops you guys made me do it.  :devil:

You can't kill the dog, he's a great addition to Brion and provides him with support and company.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

When I read the story, I was so caught up in it that I didn't even notice the dog's name. I just reread the story to find out -- Phelps is the perfect name for a former swimmer go give to his dog. A five-star name. I hope this helps a little to heal your broken heart. 😁

• Love 2
  • Haha 2

I think I noticed it somewhere between read number 6 & 10 and forgot to mention it to Carlos...

After a re-read to find it back it's really a great name so your not allowed to kill it Carlos. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
On 8/10/2022 at 4:30 PM, Carlos Hazday said:

I don't think I'll kill anyone in 2022 or 2023 so they're all safe over the next few stories. But sooner or later... I mean, I got a couple of old geezers running around.

I hope you're not talking about me and you when you mentioned old geezers.

• Haha 3
On 8/19/2022 at 5:05 PM, dughlas said:

I hope you're not talking about me and you when you mentioned old geezers.

LMAO

I'll give us a few more years but Jack Liston and Sebastian and Rosario Abello I have to check on.

On 8/19/2022 at 5:06 PM, dughlas said:

That's a great start for Liebe. Who's the artist?

I think he's name's Artemiy Kalashnikov. Russian guy living in California. I found the painting on Instagram 2 or 3 years ago and saved it with Liebe in mind.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Carlos Hazday said:

LMAO

I'll give us a few more years but Jack Liston and Sebastian and Rosario Abello I have to check on.

I think he's name's Artemiy Kalashnikov. Russian guy living in California. I found the painting on Instagram 2 or 3 years ago and saved it with Liebe in mind.

Carlos, your foresight is really a treasure to be cherished…

• Like 3
1 hour ago, JACC said:

Carlos, your foresight is really a treasure to be cherished…

That foresight can be a pain. But it does help. Liebe will visit the MLK Memorial soon and I pulled the brochure and the pictures I took for reference purposes.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

It’s not been chance, is it, Carlos? With the CJ-verse you are doing just the same as Lucasfilms and Star Wars: you’ve told a story and are now just filling in the blanks…

Don't go getting angry at me for stating the obvious, just wanted to let you know, I’m in on your game! 

Edited by JACC
  • Like 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Carlos Hazday said:

@JACC

Didn't Disney pay 1 billion for the franchise? I'll sell them the CJverse for 1 million. They're all about diversity these days, my stories would fit right in.

Sorry, Netflix, Disney+ broke the piggy bank.

But Netflix is more likely to include the sex scenes, both gay and straight (courtesy of Ritch and friends).

BTW, Prey, the new Predator movie on Hulu, is great. I highly recommend it. 

• Like 4
  • 3 weeks later...

@chris191070 Isn't it magnificent. One of the top 100 hotels in the US (20 guest rooms) it's the epitome of a boutique hotel. And to think at one point it was one family's summer cottage.

@Clancy59 Can you see CJ picking that one?

Edited by Carlos Hazday
  • Like 2

I am unfamiliar with this place, but you have to realize that these estates are mostly huge properties and well-hidden from the street.  They often have high walls and gates to keep the riffraff out. Watch The Great Gatesby or True Lies that was filmed at the Breakers a few years ago.  Those were the real thing and not Hollywood sets.  However, it would most definitely appeal to CJ with his love of architecture.  

That being said, if it’s on Cliff Walk (and the photo says it is), the views here will be incredible.  You can see Massachusetts to the East and Block Island to the south (sometimes).  Be aware that a part of Cliff Walk near the northeast end (near Salve Regina College?) caved in shortly before the time of your scheduled wedding, so people may not able to do this, but it was not uncommon for the residents to use the Walk to go from ‘cottage’ to ‘cottage’ without having to go on the street.  A lot of the servants did this, as well.  It was their hang-out spot! LOL!  (They don’t know if/when they are going to repair it because of the cost, but personally, I think they would be stupid not to do so, as it is a major tourist attraction with people on it all the time.). If the guys were to stay here, they could conceivably walk to the wedding on the Walk!  Just don’t drink too much for the return trip.  People fall off that thing every year!

https://www.providencejournal.com/story/news/local/2022/03/03/cliff-walk-newport-ri-collapses-closed-landslide/9364626002/

• Like 4