Message added by Myr,

Carlos passed away on Jun 16, 2023:

5 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

Maybe the three of us can enjoy a bottle of Vega Sicilia one of these days. :P

I’ll provide the tapas!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, Carlos Hazday said:

It's summer, time to hit the beach and ride my bike... Oh, no wait, that's what people do in milder climates. Around here, we hide in air conditioned rooms this time of year. I stopped under the bank's awning to use the ATM yesterday, and started sweating immediately. IN THE SHADE!!!

Anyway, I have been writing. Chemist chapter 2 was my initial summer offering. Coming in a couple of weeks, I return to CJ, Owen, and Liebe. I'm expanding what I wrote in Cadet about the week after leaving Mexico. Cesar, Brett, Ritch, and some ancient biker from Fort Lauderdale make appearances. LOL

As for Spain, @JACC lives there too. I think the two of you and any other Iberians around will enjoy something I've been working on. Did you know they distill gin in Port Mahon?

Stop teasing, @Carlos Hazday, in Spain you’d be called a “mojabragas” (underpants wetter) or even more gruesome (😈): calientapollas (dick heater), and you are definitely neither of both (no data on both counts) ! 🤣🤣

• Haha 3
24 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

Paraphrasing my current jam,,

Yo que soy un cabron, que hice pa' merecerlos...

Are you saying I'm a troublemaker? 

Who? Meeeee? 🙄🤔🤔🤔🤔 YES! 🤣🤣

• Haha 2
7 hours ago, Gary L said:

I’ll provide the tapas!!!!!

Ready for it whenever you want, just fly over, I’m quite sure we’ll find something to process…

• Haha 1
  • Fingers Crossed 2
12 hours ago, Carlos Hazday said:

@frosenblum

Could you refresh my memory? Where in Alaska were you stationed? Researching a story here.

I was stationed at Eielson AFB, near Fairbanks. My wife and I lived off-base in the town of North Pole. That's where letters to Santa get, although we never ran into him. (I  bet CJ and Owen -- or Ritch --would have tracked him down for Liebe.)

My  wife and I made a 10-day kayak trip (in a 2-person Klepper folding kayak) on the Yukon River the first summer. We didn't see another person for a week. We slept on islands to be safe from bears. Then one day an effing bear swam across the wide river right in front of us, the shook like a wet dog when it got to the other side. Ah, the naivete and blind luck of youth.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, frosenblum said:

I was stationed at Eielson AFB, near Fairbanks. My wife and I lived off-base in the town of North Pole. That's where letters to Santa get, although we never ran into him. (I  bet CJ and Owen -- or Ritch --would have tracked him down for Liebe.)

My  wife and I made a 10-day kayak trip (in a 2-person Klepper folding kayak) on the Yukon River the first summer. We didn't see another person for a week. We slept on islands to be safe from bears. Then one day an effing bear swam across the wide river right in front of us, the shook like a wet dog when it got to the other side. Ah, the naivete and blind luck of youth.

Thanks!

I need a Coast Guard station in Alaska for a story, and I'm vacillating between creating a fictional one and using a real place.

Obviously it has to be on the coast and my only other requirement is for it to be large enough to have a honky tonk near the wharf. I'll start proper planning when I'm done with a little something involving CJ, Owen, and Liebe at the White House. LOL

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Carlos Hazday said:

Thanks!

I need a Coast Guard station in Alaska for a story, and I'm vacillating between creating a fictional one and using a real place.

Obviously it has to be on the coast and my only other requirement is for it to be large enough to have a honky tonk near the wharf. I'll start proper planning when I'm done with a little something involving CJ, Owen, and Liebe at the White House. LOL

Another little teaser from the arch tease himself 😈 

• Haha 3
2 hours ago, Carlos Hazday said:

Thanks!

You're in luck -- there's a lot of coast in Alaska. 😁

Area of Responsibility

The Coast Guard 17th District encompasses over 3,853,500 sq. miles and over 47,300 miles of shoreline throughout Alaska and the Arctic.

D17%20AOR%20Map.jpg?ver=2017-10-12-17375

• Love 1
  • Wow 1

It's Friday and I miss posting chapters. But I'm no sitting on my laurels. I'm plotting and writing.

Over the years, one or two readers have mentioned how realistic the situations and dialogue I write are. It's probably due to it often being based on reality. Here are two recent events I may spin.

My 15yo nephew's about to spend two weeks in Costa Rica for a service project. In out family chat, his father's taking bets on what the kid will bring back. Some sort of venereal disease is the favorite.

My 23yo niece and her boyfriend were forced to withdraw cash from several ATMs while in Colombia last year. Police, drug dealers, and weapons were involved. She's now on vacation in Croatia and claims she loves the place so much, she's never visiting South America again.

CJ and the rest of the cast may encounter similar issues sooner or later. :P

@Aditus Did you mention something about guest prompts?

Edited by Carlos Hazday
  • Like 2
  • Love 3

@Carlos Hazday I did. I already wrote next week's  entry, but my next turn is August 5th.  It's summer, my bike and the beach are calling and I am a lazy person. Sooo, if you tie a nice leather band around two neat prompt packages I'm going to post them.  

white wolf GIF

• Haha 3

It’s Friday night here in Valencia and this reader also misses Friday evening posts from mr C!  
I car share with a colleague for nearly 20 years.  Over that time I’ve shared the true stories of my family in UK and my partner’s in Spain: impossible to invent. Here a nephew addicted to drugs and chicas in the port, buying a gun for fun (totally illegal to own a pistol in Spain) and now he’s the ultra right candy for Vox.  And as for my nephew in uk …. 
perhaps I should write a shop opera… 

apart from this, mr C, let your creative juices flow and, sooner or later, another 5***** work will appear 

un abrazote 🤗🤗🤗🤗

• Like 1
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, Aditus said:

@Carlos Hazday I did. I already wrote next week's  entry, but my next turn is August 5th.  It's summer, my bike and the beach are calling and I am a lazy person. Sooo, if you tie a nice leather band around two neat prompt packages I'm going to post them.  

Let me see what I can do.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, Gary L said:

It’s Friday night here in Valencia and this reader also misses Friday evening posts from mr C!  
I car share with a colleague for nearly 20 years.  Over that time I’ve shared the true stories of my family in UK and my partner’s in Spain: impossible to invent. Here a nephew addicted to drugs and chicas in the port, buying a gun for fun (totally illegal to own a pistol in Spain) and now he’s the ultra right candy for Vox.  And as for my nephew in uk …. 
perhaps I should write a shop opera… 

apart from this, mr C, let your creative juices flow and, sooner or later, another 5***** work will appear 

un abrazote 🤗🤗🤗🤗

Obviously I'm inspired by the real world. I take a drop of reality and use my imagination to expand it. And at least for me, it's easy to incorporate real-life events into the stories. I'm doing it in what I'm currently writing.

As for Fridays, I'm missing the interaction so much, I think I need to post something next time one comes around.

• Love 2
  • Fingers Crossed 2
26 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

Obviously I'm inspired by the real world. I take a drop of reality and use my imagination to expand it. And at least for me, it's easy to incorporate real-life events into the stories. I'm doing it in what I'm currently writing.

As for Fridays, I'm missing the interaction so much, I think I need to post something next time one comes around.

Does that mean we're getting a new story next Friday.

• Fingers Crossed 3
37 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

Already dealing with withdrawal syndrome, a chapter or two of @Carlos Hazday’s magic would do real good!

• Like 2
  • Love 2
25 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

Does that mean we're getting a new story next Friday.

I'll say this much... You may want to read over Cadet chapter 12. Continuing my expansion of events I may not have entirely covered, I'll be revisiting Ritch's time in South Florida. :)

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Carlos Hazday said:

I think I need to post something next time one comes around.

I know, I know I don't belong here really, but what a tease you are!

• Haha 2
  • Wow 1
6 hours ago, Carlos Hazday said:

I'll say this much... You may want to read over Cadet chapter 12. Continuing my expansion of events I may not have entirely covered, I'll be revisiting Ritch's time in South Florida. :)

Ah, yes, the wonderful Chapter 12 of Cadet.

It starts in the paradise of Alaska and ends in a swimming pool in Key West. And some shit happens in between.

There were also a few scenes that were outtakes from Top Gun.  

• Love 3