Message added by Myr,

Carlos passed away on Jun 16, 2023:

sml_gallery_19841_1348_115178.jpg

9... [Happy Festivus! May your grievances be aired in peace and may your aluminum pole shine brightly.]

8... [Happy Hannukah! Careful with all those candles on the menorah, we don't want to burn down the house.]

7... [Happy Christmas! Amidst the day's joy, please remember others less fortunate than you and lend a hand.]

• Like 2

9... [Happy Festivus! May your grievances be aired in peace and may your aluminum pole shine brightly.]

8... [Happy Hannukah! Careful with all those candles on the menorah, we don't want to burn down the house.]

7... [Happy Christmas! Amidst the day's joy, please remember others less fortunate than you and lend a hand.]

6... [Happy Kwanza & Happy Boxing Day!]

• Like 3

More important than that!

What could be more important than New Year's day?  :unsure:  Oh, wait a minute, I know....CJ's 'back' in town!!! 

Oh, happy day that will be!  :D  :D

You better watch out, you better not cry... CJ's coming to town!

Actually, Walls picks up the story in August 2015 but who knows where the little bugger's right now. I keep watching his Instagram feed but so far no hints. Where in the world is CJ Abello this December? (Hah! Not even 1810 knows that!)

• Like 1

Should I deploy the drones???

Funny you mentioning drones. I bought one with still/video cameras and VR goggles for my nephews as a Christmas present. They started playing with it in the back yard but then we moved to the front afraid the darn thing would end up in the pool or the lake. It was funny to see who was more excited and tried to download the app for the goggles, the two boys or their father and uncles.

Technology was the name of the game when it came to presents. It'll probably take me weeks to figure out how to get Alexa to understand my commands. Those pesky little Echo things from Amazon are really designed for the younger, tech-savvy crowd, I have enough trouble programming my TV remote!

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator

Funny you mentioning drones. I bought one with still/video cameras and VR goggles for my nephews as a Christmas present. They started playing with it in the back yard but then we moved to the front afraid the darn thing would end up in the pool or the lake. It was funny to see who was more excited and tried to download the app for the goggles, the two boys or their father and uncles.

Technology was the name of the game when it came to presents. It'll probably take me weeks to figure out how to get Alexa to understand my commands. Those pesky little Echo things from Amazon are really designed for the younger, tech-savvy crowd, I have enough trouble programming my TV remote!

Funny you should mention the TV remote. My niece (10) and my nephew (13) had my parents' TVs on in nothing flat yesterday. As for me, I never remember how to turn them on. One year, I had it on, accidentally leaned on the control and got snow - had to wait for my dad to come home, so he could fix it... 

• Site Moderator

You better watch out, you better not cry... CJ's coming to town!

Actually, Walls picks up the story in August 2015 but who knows where the little bugger's right now. I keep watching his Instagram feed but so far no hints. Where in the world is CJ Abello this December? (Hah! Not even 1810 knows that!)

But, I'm gonna...someday....

Well I'm certainly not telling ... um ... I mean, well ...

Don't mind me still dreaming of sugarplums ...

Dugh, you got something to tell us?

Haha... too funny I'm going to deal with Alexa when I'm home for the day. I'm betting I have trouble with her too.

Definitely!!

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 2

I misspoke... Walls picks up the story in August 2014! The chapter I just finished writing was August 2015. Mann, Kitt, and 1810 each have a different chapter right now and I'm writing a new one starting this morning. No wonder I get my dates confused!

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator

I misspoke... Walls picks up the story in August 2014! The chapter I just finished writing was August 2015. Mann, Kitt, and 1810 each have a different chapter right now and I'm writing a new one starting this morning. No wonder I get my dates confused!

:o And I didn't even notice. Some beta reader, I am  :P

• Like 2

5... Here's a picture of 6 out of the 8 youngsters who've served to inspire CJ :

Walls 00.1

• Like 3

5... Here's a picture of 6 out of the 8 youngsters who've served to inspire CJ :

sml_gallery_19841_1744_197422.jpg
4... The University of Miami Hurricanes play the West Virginia Mountaineers in the Russell Athletic Bowl today. Watching party in the basement!
Edited by Carlos Hazday
  • Like 3

Yay! Go ... um ... go ... Miami? Sorry Carlos. Never rooted for the 'Canes. My daughter-in-law would not approve.

And pray tell what school does she root for? We know CJ has a soft spot for the University of Miami so of course he'll be rooting for the 'Canes much to Cesar's chagrin!

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

Didn't you get an invite to hang out with the guys? Ritchie's baking brownies! (not the same as Harley's but still 'special')

No. I think somebody invoked the 'no girls allowed' rule...so.not.fair.... Ah well, Ritchie's such a sweetie, I'm sure he'll save some brownies for me  ;)

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 1