Message added by Myr,

Carlos passed away on Jun 16, 2023:

While I completely understand tim's aversion to American politics (seriously amazed about how long the process is - just exhausting) I found the two parts of the political discussion interesting from a development point of view. Firstly there was the child-like assumptions about his parents voting habits and then the more serious conversation at the party. It seemed to fit with a young man growing up and taking his place in the world.

i also liked his reaction to his Dads being called a power couple - "what? my Dads?"  :rolleyes:

• Like 3

While I completely understand tim's aversion to American politics (seriously amazed about how long the process is - just exhausting) I found the two parts of the political discussion interesting from a development point of view. Firstly there was the child-like assumptions about his parents voting habits and then the more serious conversation at the party. It seemed to fit with a young man growing up and taking his place in the world.

i also liked his reaction to his Dads being called a power couple - "what? my Dads?"  :rolleyes:

I admit I like writing the type of speech CJ gave. Almost as much as his diatribes against people like Francis Kennedy back at the beginning of Autumn. The rah-rah speech harks back to my involvement in various organizations where I was decent at motivating members, supporters, or contributors.

There might be one or two more coming in the future :D

• Like 2

Still hurting from too much food yesterday. What a wasted day, but the rugby game on tv has enough eye candy to make me smile.

Its Firday and I have a bad case of missing a certain teenager. Hurry up and get here, 2017...

• Site Moderator

Still hurting from too much food yesterday. What a wasted day, but the rugby game on tv has enough eye candy to make me smile.

Its Firday and I have a bad case of missing a certain teenager. Hurry up and get here, 2017...

Um, you're the one pulling the strings...

• 2 weeks later...

I thought his OCD for posting always on the same day was pulling the strings?

But hey you can always pull the right string and start surprising us :)

Yeah, see, the OCD is acting up and I can't post any chapters of the new book until I have enough edited inventory not to miss a week. I don't like to leave readers waiting which is one reason CJ's saga has been broken up into separate books when I reach natural breaking points.

The next book covers two years instead of a 'season' and it'll be longer than any of the others so far (I think!). I won't start posting until I'm fairly certain there won't be any interruption.

Hang in there, I'm about to start whipping my editors to make them work faster. (Just kidding guys!)

• Like 3

Yeah, see, the OCD is acting up and I can't post any chapters of the new book until I have enough edited inventory not to miss a week. I don't like to leave readers waiting which is one reason CJ's saga has been broken up into separate books when I reach natural breaking points.

The next book covers two years instead of a 'season' and it'll be longer than any of the others so far (I think!). I won't start posting until I'm fairly certain there won't be any interruption.

Hang in there, I'm about to start whipping my editors to make them work faster. (Just kidding guys!)

i don't mind waiting for your OCD  :P especially now the you mention the next book wil cover 2 years and it might be the longest so far (that mean's a lot of weeks to look forward to  :great:

but...

do you need to borrow a whip  :evil:  :whistle:

• Like 2

i don't mind waiting for your OCD  :P especially now the you mention the next book wil cover 2 years and it might be the longest so far (that mean's a lot of weeks to look forward to  :great:

but...

do you need to borrow a whip  :evil:  :whistle:

I already had to split chapter 1 into a prologue and actual first chapter, got carried away and the word count soared. I'm working on chapter 12 right now and once again the word count was reaching the stratosphere so I had to split it. That means 14 chapters of story so far which is longer than Travels, Spring, and Winter!

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator

I already had to split chapter 1 into a prologue and actual first chapter, got carried away and the word count soared. I'm working on chapter 12 right now and once again the word count was reaching the stratosphere so I had to split it. That means 14 chapters of story so far which is longer than Travels, Spring, and Winter!

They'll be no complaints about chapters being too long of that I can guarantee. :D 

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator

They'll be no complaints about chapters being too long of that I can guarantee. :D

:2thumbs:  :2thumbs:  :2thumbs:  :2thumbs:  :2thumbs:

See, no worries about long chapters. We can handle it. :) 

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...