Message added by Myr,

Carlos passed away on Jun 16, 2023:

And what about Cesar's Caddy? What's that look like?

I am sooooo glad I did all this research before I started writing! Cesar's a nice conservative accountant his Harley-Davidson is basic black and so's his Cadillac: He's due for a new one since this is a 2011, I'm gonna have to take him shopping sometime soon.

10435463_411714525661533_885484926596741

• Like 4

Y'know, my mind didn't make that leap until you mentioned it...

Here's another leap nobody has made even though I dropped a very obscure egg a long time ago. Notice anything in common about the brands of the vehicles in the household?

Yeah but if Harley was doin' the explanations chances are none of us would be able to keep up with the high speed delivery ... though it might be fun to watch.

Fine I'll roll one before he gets here and force him to smoke it! :rofl:

• Site Moderator

I am sooooo glad I did all this research before I started writing! Cesar's a nice conservative accountant his Harley-Davidson is basic black and so's his Cadillac: He's due for a new one since this is a 2011, I'm gonna have to take him shopping sometime soon.

10435463_411714525661533_885484926596741

Very sleek and classy while retaining a big and powerful look...I can see why Cesar would like it.  

Here's another leap nobody has made even though I dropped a very obscure egg a long time ago. Notice anything in common about the brands of the vehicles in the household?

Fine I'll roll one before he gets here and force him to smoke it! :rofl:

Not a car person, so I can't say that I do. Care to enlighten me? 

• Like 2

Unfortunately a lot of the parts for three of the four are made overseas for assembly here now. I am not sure there is such a thing as a totally American made car or truck anymore. If I am mistaken, someone please tell me!

• Like 1

Cadillac, Ford, Jeep, and Harley-Davidson are all American brands.

Lol I was trying to think of something obscure and deep, going over in my head, well they are all American but there has to be more to it than that.

I think Kitt is right, I vaguely remember a doco about how the national car is a myth, everything is international now. And in Oz we are about to lose all of our manufacturing, all the brands are shutting up shop. 100% imports for us. 

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator

Lol I was trying to think of something obscure and deep, going over in my head, well they are all American but there has to be more to it than that.

I think Kitt is right, I vaguely remember a doco about how the national car is a myth, everything is international now. And in Oz we are about to lose all of our manufacturing, all the brands are shutting up shop. 100% imports for us. 

Sometimes, the simple answer is the correct one. But, with the fun Carlos has planting Esater eggs, I can see why the need for a deeper meaning came to mind. 

• Like 3

Cadillac, Ford, Jeep, and Harley-Davidson are all American brands.

You beat me to it, but I did notice when you brought it up in the previous post. Though kitt does have a point. Fun fact, I've only ever owned Japanese cars since I was old enough to drive. I almost bought a Jeep brand this last summer when I decided to trade in my old one. But my brother, who owns a Jeep, talked me out of it. So I ended up with a Mazda :D

Edited by spikey582
  • Like 2

Unfortunately a lot of the parts for three of the four are made overseas for assembly here now. I am not sure there is such a thing as a totally American made car or truck anymore. If I am mistaken, someone please tell me!

I'd say 4 out of 4, Kitt. Not sure which one you were leaving out but if it was HD forget about it. A lot of the components are made in fricking China these days. Harley chrome parts used to be quality but the ones coming out of Asia these days suck! I had some fancy mirrors mounted on my bike when I boufht it 6 years ago and within a month the chrome was bubbling and pitting. Next bike will be all black, powder coated parts to avoid cheap-ass chrome.

You beat me to it, but I did notice when you brought it up in the previous post. Though kitt does have a point. Fun fact, I've only ever owned Japanese cars since I was old enough to drive. I almost bought a Jeep brand this last summer when I decided to trade in my old one. But my brother, who owns a Jeep, talked me out of it. So I ended up with a Mazda :D

I've had both American and Japanese vehicles (even drove an old Fiat Spider a long time ago). My Mazda MX5 still ranks as one of my favorite. I gre up loving the Triumph roadsters but by the time I was old enough to buy/own a car, they'd all disappeared from the market. The Miata started the resurgence and then BMW brought out the Z3. One issue with the Mazda was my 6' 4" boyfriend at the time was a tad cramped in it. :P

• Like 2

I've had both American and Japanese vehicles (even drove an old Fiat Spider a long time ago). My Mazda MX5 still ranks as one of my favorite. I gre up loving the Triumph roadsters but by the time I was old enough to buy/own a car, they'd all disappeared from the market. The Miata started the resurgence and then BMW brought out the Z3. One issue with the Mazda was my 6' 4" boyfriend at the time was a tad cramped in it. :P

I bet that was a sight to see :)

6'4" in a MX5, you are a cruel boyfriend :P

• Like 2

I'm 6 feet tall and a friend once made a comment about how Burke and I had to be contortionists to fit in the car when the roof was up!

Yeah I'm too tall for that too. I have to have bigger cars to fit into. I would never survive in like a Mini Cooper or something like that.

• Like 1

Yeah I'm too tall for that too. I have to have bigger cars to fit into. I would never survive in like a Mini Cooper or something like that.

Way back in High School, a friend ,who was a bit under 6', drove a Fiat Bambino. That was fun to watch :P

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

All this talk about small vehicles vs. tall men reminded me of the time my dad had an Eddie Bauer II Ford Bronco for a while. It was a surplus lease car nobody else wanted so he decided he would let the everyone else off the hook and took it.

Anyway, being that I am only 5'1'' it was a challenge for me to get in or out of the behemoth as it didn't have a running board - what were they thinking? I almost fell out of it one time before I got the hang of jumping out... And don't get me started on trying to get into it, not exactly a ladylike maneuver, let me tell you. :P

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 4

All this talk about small vehicles vs. tall men reminded me of the time my dad had an Eddie Bauer II Ford Bronco for a while. It was a surplus lease car nobody else wanted so he decided he would let the everyone else off the hook and took it.

Anyway, being that I am only 5'1'' it was a challenge for me to get in or out of the behemoth as it didn't have a running board - what were they thinking? I almost fell out of it one time before I got the hang of jumping out... And don't get me started on trying to get into it, not exactly a ladylike maneuver, let me tell you. :P

Even being 6' I'd still have a hard time with that.

• Like 1

You should see me trying to control a skirt while climbing onto our big truck, an F 350 deisel. The Jeep is easy in comparison! Yes, for those of you keeping track, we are a three truck family, an F 350, an F 250 and a soft top four door Jeep Wrangler, all three four wheel drive.

• Like 3

damn, Carlos can be a tease.

First at 10:05 a notification of a new chapter and when i went to read it a no show on the chapter.

came back during lunch and voila i can  :read: it.

Still the best way to spend your lunch break for me on Friday.

• Like 3

damn, Carlos can be a tease.

First at 10:05 a notification of a new chapter and when i went to read it a no show on the chapter.

came back during lunch and voila i can  :read: it.

Still the best way to spend your lunch break for me on Friday.

LOL-

I can't take credit for the teasing, not sure what happened since the chapter has been loaded for a while and set to publish at a certain time. I'm glad the glitch didn't stop you from enjoying it! :P

• Like 1

You mean like when Harley hears Brett and Cesar had an argument he'll make his move? :D

Okay was it just me or was the really the first time we've seen those two out-and-out argue like that?

• Like 1