Open Club  ·  282 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

Black Widow (Story Discussion)

I was all optimistic until Mark's response to my comment said "within a day or two, at least." :no:

Damn... I did read that, but wishful thinking, I conveniently forgot it... it is perfectly acceptable to do that at my age :huh: but no one else is allowed to point that out :P ... so... we wait...<sigh>

Damn... I did read that, but wishful thinking, I conveniently forgot it... it is perfectly acceptable to do that at my age :huh: but no one else is allowed to point that out :P ... so... we wait...<sigh>

In his defense, he was trying to be reassuring. :/

And JJ's year sabbatical continues to shape up...

“JJ has decided to move to New York, and finish school,” JP said.  “He has been conditionally admitted to St. Ann’s, which is an excellent institution, and one he should do quite well at.”

It sounds like a great place. I wonder if JJ will meet Lena Dunham? She's supposed to be in the same class. I can't see JJ ever actually LIKING Lena Dunham (a weird quirky not-conventionally pretty girl with a hipster flair), but he might run into her. Anyway, if JJ goes to school in Brooklyn, I kind of hope that he decides to make some Brooklyn investments. (As TetRefine said at this point you're not going to make the HUGE profits, but JJ could still clean up pretty well if he wound up selling some properties he bought in 2003 Brooklyn in 2015.)

In any event, I wish I could tell JJ that he doesn't have to worry about getting blackballed if/when he tries to come back during the 2004-2005 season. By then, the USFSA will realize that they have Johnny Weir as their poster boy, and they'll be desperate for guys that can compete with him. LOL.

But for now, JJ's main focus is on finishing school, and I like that he picked a pretty cool place to do it at. There was no way the family was going to let him homeschool himself if he wasn't skating in any event.

I wonder if JJ will meet the Olsen twins? I can actually see them getting along, as they're supposed to be very big into New York Fashion, and they have that kind of grumpy New Yorker vibe to them that I picture JJ developing. They're also the same age. It's also not inconceivable that JJ might have known them from their child star days because Robbie was such a player in Hollywood. (Although in 2003, they were still kinda going as teen queens.)

Edited by methodwriter85

So, time for another round of speculation. Does anyone think all the drama with Zach and ED will distract Will from his plan to rehabilitate Brad? I really hope not. :rolleyes:

I wonder if having his sons being the targets of someone/ anyone will wake Brad up and get him re-engaged with his family?

Edit: Brad does have a nasty battle mode so I expect we will see that .... surely he would take the apparent attacks seriously....

Edited by Headstall
  • Like 2

I wonder if having his sons being the targets of someone/ anyone will wake Brad up and get him re-engaged with his family?

Edit: Brad does have a nasty battle mode so I expect we will see that .... surely he would take the apparent attacks seriously....

I wonder if, as much as the attacks, the fact that none of the family cares to pull him in to this crisis will wake him up (or make him go hyper control crazy - which always turns out well).

He's going to come home and the following will have happened: Zach will have been blackmailed and drugged, Will will have helped him through with Wade and JPs help; JJ will have been semi-outed, broken up with the earl, taken a year off skating, moved to New York and enrolled in a new school; and his home will be surrounded by something entertaining of Will's choosing (for my money, Matt will also have some excitement in Kenya). For someone who finds his security in his knowledge of what's going on, and at least his chief advisor roll for everyone, if not his control of those closest to him, this might be a bit much. 

For whatever else people think of Robbie, they both acted as an anchor when they went off the deep end pretty consistently - and gave each other a path to pull themselves back when they figured things out. I worry that without Robbie, Brad is going to have a hard time making his way back. None of the remaining ringleaders tend to have the type of sympathy when angered that Brad seems to need. Maybe Claire will help him out. 

Complete speculation alert (one of my favorite pass times these days): Maybe Brad is the real target of this. He's certainly the most removed, even Wade and JP in Kenya and the Seychelles were near each other. And with Will being the anchor while everyone was thrown to the winds, and the characters that have been implicated in the schemes thusfar, it's foreseeable that Will would go to Wade and JP, sidelining Brad. This may have real consequences if Brad sees Will's more-or-less innocent scheme to rile him up, and Stef's apparent dismissal in front of his entire family and boyfriend at his Mother and Father-in-law's rehearsal dinner, through the filter of a larger concerted attack. 

• Like 2

I wonder if, as much as the attacks, the fact that none of the family cares to pull him in to this crisis will wake him up (or make him go hyper control crazy - which always turns out well).

He's going to come home and the following will have happened: Zach will have been blackmailed and drugged, Will will have helped him through with Wade and JPs help; JJ will have been semi-outed, broken up with the earl, taken a year off skating, moved to New York and enrolled in a new school; and his home will be surrounded by something entertaining of Will's choosing (for my money, Matt will also have some excitement in Kenya). For someone who finds his security in his knowledge of what's going on, and at least his chief advisor roll for everyone, if not his control of those closest to him, this might be a bit much. 

For whatever else people think of Robbie, they both acted as an anchor when they went off the deep end pretty consistently - and gave each other a path to pull themselves back when they figured things out. I worry that without Robbie, Brad is going to have a hard time making his way back. None of the remaining ringleaders tend to have the type of sympathy when angered that Brad seems to need. Maybe Claire will help him out. 

Complete speculation alert (one of my favorite pass times these days): Maybe Brad is the real target of this. He's certainly the most removed, even Wade and JP in Kenya and the Seychelles were near each other. And with Will being the anchor while everyone was thrown to the winds, and the characters that have been implicated in the schemes thusfar, it's foreseeable that Will would go to Wade and JP, sidelining Brad. This may have real consequences if Brad sees Will's more-or-less innocent scheme to rile him up, and Stef's apparent dismissal in front of his entire family and boyfriend at his Mother and Father-in-law's rehearsal dinner, through the filter of a larger concerted attack. 

If it is ED behind all this, I think Brad would definitely be a target... but it appears, indirectly, through his sons... Whether she/they go after Brad specifically, only Mark knows, but I suspect if you want to hurt him the most, hurt his family while he is totally ineffective... Brads need for control would be struck a helluva blow... the only thing is, as I commented about Brad's nasty mode... he shouldn't be under estimated once he's riled up... this might cure him once and for all of the loss of Robbie... Cheers... Gary

• Like 1

I have read all of Mark's stories and I have concluded he will throw a real curve ball soon.

Highly likely this is not a plot by E D at all. Mark is devious and enjoys our speculations.

A lot of characters from the past are popping up.  Haven't had anyone bumped off in a while.

• Like 4

I have read all of Mark's stories and I have concluded he will throw a real curve ball soon.

Highly likely this is not a plot by E D at all. Mark is devious and enjoys our speculations.

A lot of characters from the past are popping up.  Haven't had anyone bumped off in a while.

Yeah, all this speculation may be for naught... I had this weird thought earlier, but it's too stupid to express... that's what trying to figure Mark out will do to you :unsure: .

• Like 1

I can definitely see some powerful third party's trying to take down both Brad and ED by pitting them against each other. And I still think Marc is somehow involved, although more likely a victim (more blackmail?) than a ringleader.

In complete agreement re Mark's deviousness. :rolleyes:

I had this weird thought earlier, but it's too stupid to express...

Oh, go ahead and do it, anyway. :yes::P

Edited by impunity

And with Will being the anchor while everyone was thrown to the winds, and the characters that have been implicated in the schemes thusfar, it's foreseeable that Will would go to Wade and JP, sidelining Brad. This may have real consequences if Brad sees Will's more-or-less innocent scheme to rile him up, and Stef's apparent dismissal in front of his entire family and boyfriend at his Mother and Father-in-law's rehearsal dinner, through the filter of a larger concerted attack.

Brad sidelined himself. Even if Marc does turn out to be part of the conspiracy, he only has himself to blame if his sons turn elsewhere for support.

Liked the last (11th) chapter. So many things coming together and diverting. So many twists and turns.

Yes there is the question if Wade's mom is involved. Yes it seems to be her thing. But the motive ?

Yes probably she wants to control Wade's children the way she used her own children/family before.

To reach that means to destabilise the best support group/family Wade has. And maybe after that threathening to do more damage if Wade will not comply...

The second motive might be found more in The Millennium story I think. There were a lot of open ends there.

And yes Wade's mom and Brad's hatefull family if they joined forces might create such a scheme...

Whatever twist and turns goes on next... I realy like the move Mark made to more a thriller type of story.

The personal aspects and drama of 9 11 were written beautifull. Flux/Streak as well but the continuing story needed some pepper... ( I think).

So I'm perfectly happy how this story is coming up.

Thanks Mark and as always ...

Keep writing.

Love

Andy G

Whatever twist and turns goes on next... I realy like the move Mark made to more a thriller type of story.

If Arbour would willing to throw in a zombie, an emotive teen vampire and a couple of car chases using the expensive cars I think I could get him a development deal.....

• Like 1

If Arbour would willing to throw in a zombie, an emotive teen vampire and a couple of car chases using the expensive cars I think I could get him a development deal.....

Also, have Zach, Will, Marie, and JJ thrown into a large, expansive arena where they must fight to the death with other teenagers until a lone victor remains.

Seriously though, I'm looking forward to re-living the Twilight era. My god, that was hilarious. I told this guy at a party once that his peat coat made him look like Robert Pattinson and he went on a 10-minute rant. It was then that I realized that RPatz had officially replaced Zac Efron as the Teen Idol Du Jour.

I just wonder if Will is going to be Team Jacob, or Team Edward. What were you, Blue?

Edited by methodwriter85

LOL Somehow I just can't see Will reading Twilight!   I only read the series because my (then) teenage daughter was reading it and I used to keep tabs on what she was into.  Personally I leaned toward Seth!  Easy going, always trying to do the right thing, and accepting of people no matter who (or what) they were.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..