' Live-Poets Society ' – A Corner For Poetry

Ok, but have a small doubt!!!

Is it my poem, now, or Yours??? :unsure::lol:

Of course it's still yours. :) It was a suggestion, a spontaneous idea. They're your words and (your pa) It's your decision what you make of it. 

• Like 1

Thank You for the Suggestion Adi... :)

I'd only add that 'pa' should be 'Pa,' as when mom, dad, grandma, etc. are used in lieu of a proper name, it should be capitalized like a person's name. Thus, 'my pa' (is ok), but 'Pa said...' 

• Like 2

I'd only add that 'pa' should be 'Pa,' as when mom, dad, grandma, etc. are used in lieu of a proper name, it should be capitalized like a person's name. Thus, 'my pa' (is ok), but 'Pa said...' 

Ha! Of course you saw that immediately. I had already pressed 'Post' and was too lazy to edit. Sorry.  :*)

• Like 3

Ha! Of course you saw that immediately. I had already pressed 'Post' and was too lazy to edit. Sorry.  :*)

Lol, Adi. I know for both of us, the 'Ha!' is due to having such a wonderful editor like Lisa teaching us point by point, and being infinitely patient until we picked up ideas like Mom vs. mom until we could do it on our own. 

I love our GA community. It's awesome.

• Like 4

Thank You for the observation, Ben... :)

• Like 2

A Sonnet For a Thaw:

The silver moon is swinging high above
the folded, wrinkled brown, the withered earth,
so late encased in winter's iron glove
but even now runs merrily in mirth,

On every slope beneath the stars is sung
the notes creation breathes to be undressed,
and many waters speak with every tongue
the vernal sonnet of the uncaressed. 

For icy, leaden sadness cannot yield
to gentle kindly zephyrs promised while
the deep laid frosty ground beneath the field
shall disbelieve Sol's February smile.

And so my love, it seems so hard to trust
as warmest words may lie as frozen dust.

Comments?
  • Like 3

A Sonnet For a Thaw:

Comments?

I absolutely love:

'and many waters speak with every tongue

the vernal sonnet of the uncaressed. '

The second line of the second stanza has too many syllables. I won't make suggestions, just think about it.

It's a typical winter poem, as in making me sad. Nevertheless, I like it. :)
  • Like 2

Of course it's still yours. :) It was a suggestion, a spontaneous idea. They're your words and (your pa) It's your decision what you make of it.

I am glad to see you all having fun with this form and especially the collaboration.

• Like 2

A Sonnet For a Thaw:

Comments?

I am definitely never gonna judge, because I am just the student here. Still learning. But I liked the poem and enjoyed all vibrant colors that this poem brought.

Coming to it, I was not able to understand two words. Like

~ 'uncaressed' as you mean 'uncared'???

~ 'zephyrs' will resemble 'zephyr' or 'zephuros'???

And most importantly, this is a tricky part. I loved theses two line and how you framed them.

Thank You for sharing this poem with us... :)

• Like 3

@ Adi: I think I have the syllable count right in the second stanza, line 2...but perhaps my way of speaking is doing that.

@ Emi: "Uncaressed" as in untouched, unloved, unhappy.  Zephyrs as in soft, warm, gentle breezes and airs.

Anyhow, I hope you each enjoyed the poem!

• Like 2

@ Adi: I think I have the syllable count right in the second stanza, line 2...but perhaps my way of speaking is doing that.

Haha, no. That's probably my (wrong) speaking. Good you'll never actually hear me talking.

• Like 2

Emi: "Uncaressed" as in untouched, unloved, unhappy. Zephyrs as in soft, warm, gentle breezes and airs.

I know the meanings but got confused by the word formation. Anyway, thank you for explaining... :)

• Like 1

Happy February, my lively, Live Poets!!!

There is a new Poetry Prompt up. Please check it out, and let me know of any feedback. I have a short window to edit if could be improved or clearer in some ways.

Thanks to all of you.

Mmmmm!!! New Prompt... :)

Definitely gonna take a look and try.

Happy Feb to you too Ben... :)

• Like 2

There is a new Poetry Prompt up. Please check it out, and let me know of any feedback. I have a short window to edit if could be improved or clearer in some ways.

Thanks to all of you.

Not sure I'm up to this prompt just yet but I await the efforts of my compatriots ...

• Like 2

Thanks to all of you.

*hides*

Not sure I'm up to this prompt just yet but I await the efforts of my compatriots ...

Me too, dugh
  • Like 3

Hides?

No hiding, but I have a question after reading the prompt...what does 'interlocking' mean exactly in this context? I'm a bit of an idiot here, but I need a little clarification...

Yep I'm hiding.. no way I'm ready to do these.. gotta get thru sonnets, ghazal's and ballades first.. 

• Like 1

Hides?

No hiding, but I have a question after reading the prompt...what does 'interlocking' mean exactly in this context? I'm a bit of an idiot here, but I need a little clarification...

Interlocking means that the single un-rhymed word from the first quatrain becomes the rhyme word for the second, and so forth. Look at Frost's poem, and you will see how it goes from a-a-b-a, to b-b-c-b, and then c-c-d-c. The rhymes 'interlock.'