' Live-Poets Society ' – A Corner For Poetry

Huzzah, Emi! Well done!

Thank You so much for the great Reviews Parker... :)

Read it, and reviewed... I was really touched, my friend. Your last line was beautiful....

Thank You for spending your time to read and review, Gary. I am glad you liked those little poems... :)

• Like 2

Hey y'all :) I know I haven't been here in a while, but I wanna let y'all jbow that I'll be posting a couple of poems this weekend. :D

Yay... Good to hear MyLove. I'll be waiting for those... :)

• Like 1

@ Doc: I could do that. No objections to salted slime,  then?

@ Tim: Oh. my. Goodness. Words failed me....and that's saying something...

It's your text. Your choice of words.

Yours.

Why would I object to that?

Edited by Doctor Oger
  • Like 1

I've been typing up my old (OLD) poems. What do you all think of this one...?

Like a song that wove itself into a soul

Like a glance that set into a mood

these are the abstract thoughts

that express what I feel

Edited by AC Benus
  • Like 3

These are lovely poems, Emi!

@Ben: Every time I write something(poetry), I'd wait what the Big Guy going to say. I Love your reviews that much. They show expertise, give a lot of support and suggestions. Even sometimes I'll be eagerly wait for the long run too, to know what you think. Thank You for those Amazing reviews and you have made my day. I think, I'd be smiling all day today. For that, Thank You so much Ben... :)

@Tim2: I really appreciate all those reviews of your and I am glad you liked them. Thank You for such a Lovely reviews Tim. They boosted my spirit... :)

Edited by The Eminent MGK
  • Like 2

that express what I feel

As a reader I just enjoyed that poem. Expressing our feeling in those small lines is not that easy. Those lines are just great. I can feel through those... :)

• Like 2

that express what I feel

You had me at the first line. 

A song weaving itself into a soul is a powerful image that could drive many a poem or story. Then the next line reinforces the notion...so yes, this is compelling to me. 

• Like 2

@Ben: Every time I write something(poetry), I'd wait what the Big Guy going to say. I Love your reviews that much. They show expertise, give a lot of support and suggestions. Even sometimes I'll be eagerly wait for the long run too, to know what you think. Thank You for those Amazing reviews and you have made my day. I think, I'd be smiling all day today. For that, Thank You so much Ben... :)

@Tim2: I really appreciate all those reviews of your and I am glad you liked them. Thank You for such a Lovely reviews Tim. They boosted my spirit... :)

I think you did a terrific job Emi, seriously. 

• Like 3

that express what I feel

To me AC, this is you.. a weaver, a singer with your pen. So often your words have moved me to tears, touched me deeply. So you do weave words and shape them into people and places and feelings.  And they settle on the page until some one reads them and they are more than just abstract, they become real; like the wind in the desert. 

• Like 3

Ok as I planned I had re-written the Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyum style...

You came to me, Love, from a nameless pole,

brought the joy, brought the zeal; never 'rived sole.

Never stopped kissing me, nor to bliss me.

Oh! God's delightful angel; clasp my soul.

What do you think about it guys... :)

• Like 2

Ok as I planned I had re-written the Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyum style...

You came to me, Love, from a nameless pole,

brought the joy, brought the zeal; never 'rived sole.

Never stopped kissing me, nor to bliss me.

Oh! God's delightful angel; clasp my soul.

What do you think about it guys... :)

Emi, what does 'rived sole mean...?

To me AC, this is you.. a weaver, a singer with your pen. So often your words have moved me to tears, touched me deeply. So you do weave words and shape them into people and places and feelings.  And they settle on the page until some one reads them and they are more than just abstract, they become real; like the wind in the desert. 

Your comments are sheer poetry! Thank you humbly

• Like 2

Emi, thank you for your touching words. I appreciate them; and thank you for all of your feedback too :) 

• Like 2

You had me at the first line. 

A song weaving itself into a soul is a powerful image that could drive many a poem or story. Then the next line reinforces the notion...so yes, this is compelling to me. 

Thank you for your comments, Parker. For me the process of typing up all of my old poetry is not very fun. Most of the poems 'mean' something to me only in how they remind me of the way I felt when I was 19 or 20, and put me in a bad place. Few of them I read and feel engaged by, but this one I posted because it spoke to me. I think it's lovely, and it shows some potential of the poet I would slowly become :)

Thanks again.

As a reader I just enjoyed that poem. Expressing our feeling in those small lines is not that easy. Those lines are just great. I can feel through those... :)

Thank you, Emi, for a lovely set of comments. Reading it again now, I wonder if you (or any one of our Live-Poets) think I should change the tense of the first two lines to match the last two…? Thus:

Like a song that weaves itself into a soul

Like a glance that sets into a mood

that express what I feel

Maybe that's a more comfortable read…?

Edited by AC Benus
  • Like 1

Thank you, Emi, for a lovely set of comments. Reading it again now, I wonder if you (or any one of our Live-Poets) think I should change the tense of the first two lines to match the last two…? Thus:

Like a song that weaves itself into a soul

Like a glance that sets into a mood

that express what I feel

Maybe that's a more comfortable read…?

I agree this is subtly more comfortable, without diminishing the power of the original image...  :)

• Like 1