2024 Anthology Entries Due Tue October 1 ×

Nooooooooo! Not Snape Too!

MrM

Alan Rickman has died, guys!  :,(  :,(  :,(  :,(  :,( 

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/15/obituaries/alan-rickman-dies-at-69.html

What the heck is up with the age 69? Is it the new 27? What the Creampuffs, dudes?

RIP Greatest Villain/Anti-hero Evar Evar Evar!

4fde931f8371e.jpg

Edited by MrM
  • Like 5

Oh no!   :,(   He was one of my favorite actors, I loved him   :,(   No one could deliver a line in a movie like him, his voice was amazingly good and powerful. (I hope you understand what I mean) 

14 days in and 2016 gets more tragic ! RIP Alan  :heart:

• Like 5

If not for his role in the Harry Potter series, I doubt many of you would have known or cared of his passing. He was more than Snape. Alan Rickman, could do anything. Play anything. A true actor. An incredible man. If you watch the video below, then click on utube, there are dozens of clips from some of his movies, that I am sure you will enjoy, as did I.

I had to include this one, it one of the scenes I really liked.

RIP Alan Rickman

Sandrewn

• Like 4

Casting Alan Rickman as Snape in the Harry Potter film series showed at least a touch of genius. I doubt there was another actor who could have portrayed Snape with as much finese, power and yes compassion as Alan. The world is made a little less bright with his passing.

Rest in peace, Alan Rickman. You will be missed.

• Like 4

• Site Administrator

By a strange coincidence, we watched the original Die Hard movie last night. Alan Rickman was excellent as the lead villain in that movie :(

• Like 5

In every obituary I've read, those that list Alan Rickman's accomplishments do not mention the movie Galaxy Quest. Mr. Rickman played the character of Sir Alexander Dane playing the character of Dr. Lazarus. By Grabthar's Hammer ... what an actor. Anyone who enjoys a satirical Science Fiction romp will appreciate the acting delivered by each of the cast members but Mr. Rickman's delivery of droll humor and dry wit is exceptional.

Never give up, never surrender!

• Like 3

Never give up, never surrender!

Sir Alexander Dane: You're just going to have to figure out what it wants. What is its motivation?

Jason Nesmith: It's a rock monster. It doesn't have motivation.

Sir Alexander Dane: See, that's your problem, Jason. You were never serious about the craft.

Even in character of a character, he was an amazing Actor!

I also freely admit, in my darkest fantasies; I thought Snape was kind of sexy :o:lol:

RIP Alan Rickman

• Like 3

I love Galaxy Quest!  :D

Alan Rickman was indeed amazing in everything I've seen him in.  He could play an amazing variety of different characters.  It's incredibly sad that I'll never get to see him in another movie.

• Like 3

Sheriff of Nottingham: [to a wench] You. My room. 10:30 tonight.

Sheriff of Nottingham: [to another wench] You. 10:45... And bring a friend.

Nobody could do lines like these better than Alan Rickman. I loved everything I saw him in.

The world is definitely a lot less brighter now. He will be sorely missed.

RIP Alan, thanks for all the laughs, and thanks for showing us your emotional side, proving you were a master at your craft.

• Like 3

Now #3 in this triad:

Glenn Frey: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/glenn-frey-eagles-guitarist-dead-at-67-20160118

With Don Henley he founded the Eagles. A great rock group from the 70s for all you kids out there. Hotel California set records for how many records sold at one time.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I turned to the page in my book but only found an angel saying someone missed a bit.

RIP, you will be sorely missed

Edited by garfwiz
  • Like 1