New Members Welcome-Introduce Yourself!

Hi.. I'm pratoo.. I enjoy these stories a lot..

Be welcome pratoo! Lots to enjoy around here. Lean back, prop your feet up and grab a good read. Welcome to the community.

Glad you're here, Pratoo!  There's lots to like here--plenty of story genres, friendly folks, interesting chat/forms;  hope you'll dive in, read, and review.  Your voice here makes a difference!  You're gonna have a great time!

Hi guys and gals, I'm new here. I started a story on my blog a few months ago and Ricky suggested I post it here so more people could read it.
It's called "Boy Story: The Road Taken." I've been editing stories like the ones here on GA for a number of years. Meanwhile I had this story in my
head that was mostly autobiographicalm, but I didn't have the time or ambition to write. Now I do. So this is my first go at being an author and my hope
is to keep the story engaging and grammatically consistent.

I hope you'll give it a go and let me know if you like it. Ricky suggested I introduce myself here, so there you are.

-Rip Skor

cleardot.gif
  • Like 2

Hi guys and gals, I'm new here. I started a story on my blog a few months ago and Ricky suggested I post it here so more people could read it.

It's called "Boy Story: The Road Taken." I've been editing stories like the ones here on GA for a number of years. Meanwhile I had this story in my

head that was mostly autobiographicalm, but I didn't have the time or ambition to write. Now I do. So this is my first go at being an author and my hope

is to keep the story engaging and grammatically consistent.

I hope you'll give it a go and let me know if you like it. Ricky suggested I introduce myself here, so there you are.

-Rip Skor

cleardot.gif

I look forward to it, Rip. We are of an age, it will be interestin to see if our live parallel one another's in any way.

Edited by MrM

Hi everybody--new guy here. I'm an admitted former lurker and reader, finally got an account!

Not really sure exactly what to say about myself--I'm in my mid-20s, I'm a marketing writer by day (and, too often, by night), I live in D.C.

I've been writing basically my whole life. But, with the exception of submissions for creative writing classes back in college, have never really been read by an audience. So I figured I'd finally bite the bullet and join you lovely lot, to help myself grow both as a writer and as a reader.

Anyway, I just started posting my first story, "The Best Four Years of Adam Becker." Started writing it about a year ago after I spent a weekend back in New Orleans with all of my good friends from college, now scattered across the country, reminiscing and retelling stories. It's loosely based on our stacks of misadventures, so it's been a lot of fun writing this one! It's nearing completion now, and I really wasn't sure what to do with it--it's a personal project; even the close friends who inspired characters have only read brief excerpts--so figured I'd throw it out there on the internet and see what happens.

At any rate, glad to be part of the community!

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

Welcome oat327! If you have any questions about posting, check out the faq "New Author Help: How to Post a Story" which can be found through the Help tab in the red menu bar. Or my PM box is always open.

So I read a story.... Granted it is fictional, But it has helped me to be more comfortable in my skin! I am now out at work!..... And there is.... NO JUDGEMENT..... Thus far!!! I am happy for once! Thank you Dev2015

That is fricking awesome! Congrats

Greetings & Salutations

I just found this place and thought I'd join up. :boy:

My pen name is Mikey Mark and I've got a couple dozen stories archived at Nifty, some of them from twenty years ago, some of them from last week. Strictly amateur stuff.

I look forward to looking around the forum and maybe chatting a bit.

Greetings & Salutations

I just found this place and thought I'd join up. :boy:

My pen name is Mikey Mark and I've got a couple dozen stories archived at Nifty, some of them from twenty years ago, some of them from last week. Strictly amateur stuff.

I look forward to looking around the forum and maybe chatting a bit.

Be welcome. Check out the FAQ's before posting, it can save you a lot of headache down the road. Unlike MOST FAQ's these actually contain useful information.  Nothing worse then a FAQ that isn't. But I digress, lots of great readers and writers around here. So at the risk of repeating myself, be welcome!

Hi everyone, I've been a reader for quite a while but have never used the forums. I'm a student in his early 20's who finds reading many of these stories fun and entertaining!

• Like 1

Hi everyone, I've been a reader for quite a while but have never used the forums. I'm a student in his early 20's who finds reading many of these stories fun and entertaining!

Herro Tony! Welcome! Its always nice to put a name to a reader rather than 'anonymous'! :P

I sometimes miss some of the new member posts, but wanted everyone to know, I am truly happy when someone new joins our family here at GA! I hope you all find what you're looking for here whether it be one of my stories or one of the other nearly 1,000 fantastic Authors on the site!

Please remember though, that as Authors, we count on your comments to let us know how we're doing, so please, remember to like stories, chapters, and forum posts, and post reviews telling what you liked... or didn't like.

Keep active in the forums also, we want to hear from you!

True

Lots of new folks here--and welcome to all! So much to do/explore here--don't be surprised to find chunks of time gone in your lives as you explore the breadth and depth of GA!

And, please do comment on what you read here--your voice is important, and makes a difference!

Welcome one and all!

Hello,

I'm new to this site and I'm enjoying the stories. I love a good HEA romantic mystery (even better with were, vamps and/or aliens). I found this site through Cia's Stories Blogger site (love this author, recommend her books).

Question though, are there any lesbian stories here and I just have not found them yet? If so, can anyone provide the authors or story names? Or is there a "sister" site that has lesbian stories? Thanks for any assistance.

Hooked and losing time :read: ,

Fanciful Soul

Hello,

I'm new to this site and I'm enjoying the stories. I love a good HEA romantic mystery (even better with were, vamps and/or aliens). I found this site through Cia's Stories Blogger site (love this author, recommend her books).

Question though, are there any lesbian stories here and I just have not found them yet? If so, can anyone provide the authors or story names? Or is there a "sister" site that has lesbian stories? Thanks for any assistance.

Fanciful Soul

Fanciful, glad you're here--and plenty of good reads and good folks to explore!

You'd asked about lesbian stories...I'm now aware of a separate genre for that here, but you CAN find some by looking for stories "tagged" as lesbian. Click on "stories" in the menu bar, then go down the left hand column to "tags". Click on if, and "lesbian" appears as an option.

Of course, if you don't find what you like/want/need there, it may be a giant cosmic hint for you to try your writing skills!

Again, glad you're here!

Hello,

Fanciful Soul

I went ahead and did the search Robert suggested and found 56 stories... here's a link to the filtered list:

https://www.gayauthors.org/stories/browse/list/?filtertype_2=tag&filtervalue_2=59

I hope you find what you're looking for, and welcome to GA!

True