New Members Welcome-Introduce Yourself!

Well, let's give this a shot, shall we? 

While my username is Hyding, you can call me Dave, as that's a name I've adopted somehow over the years. A bit easier to relate to than Hyding. Anyway, I'm just some 17 year old gay guy whose writing community has slowly faded away. I decided that maybe I should aim for a new group, instead of trying to salvage what I had there (Which is currently next to nothing at this point. I managed to keep a friend who edits my stuff from time to time.)

Some details about me: I started writing two years ago on a whim, and realized that I had somewhat of a passion. This developed later on into what I am now. I've taken a journalism class before, (Although I wasn't a fan of the writing style, it did help me learn a thing or two about researching.) and next year I'm going to be taking a creative writing class. I have never really posted my works online, but I've been working on something in order to push myself to be more open with my work. 

That should be enough! Let's hope we all write together with a passion. Hopefully I'll be active, but if not, it was nice introducing myself. 

Hello David and welcome. You're a writer! Awesome. Can't wait to see what Genre you write. You're gonna love it here. Lot's of young ones your age. Hmmm lot's of old guys my age too. Come to think of it, we have a lot in between too. Go figure. So what is your genre? I write stories for young love that gives them hope. If you've not read Comicalities stuff you are really in for a treat. He is one of the very best period. Mark Arbour has one series that is swashbuckling British Naval that is flat addicting. He is a favorite of mine. He weaves it into history so if you like that genre check out his HMS series. It follows the life of George Granger a 14 year old midshipman to start with.

Cosmie writes love stories too as well as a vampire series. The guy is amazing. Be welcome, be happy and dig in.

While my username is Hyding, you can call me Dave, as that's a name I've adopted somehow over the years. A bit easier to relate to than Hyding. Anyway, I'm just some 17 year old gay guy whose writing community has slowly faded away. I decided that maybe I should aim for a new group, instead of trying to salvage what I had there (Which is currently next to nothing at this point. I managed to keep a friend who edits my stuff from time to time.)

Some details about me: I started writing two years ago on a whim, and realized that I had somewhat of a passion. This developed later on into what I am now. I've taken a journalism class before, (Although I wasn't a fan of the writing style, it did help me learn a thing or two about researching.) and next year I'm going to be taking a creative writing class. I have never really posted my works online, but I've been working on something in order to push myself to be more open with my work. 

That should be enough! Let's hope we all write together with a passion. Hopefully I'll be active, but if not, it was nice introducing myself. 

Welcome to GA Dave! :D Like the others have said this is not only a writing/reading community, this is a family. :)

Dave, you're gonna find a great community of voracious readers and prolific writers here--and the resources you'll enjoy, from good friends to solid editorial help to folks pointing the way for some of your research.

Looking forward to seeing your stuff posted here--and maybe getting to know ya in the chat forum.

The only danger is you're gonna start wishing for more hours in the day to read and play here!

Welcome!

Hello gay authors community. I was referred here by a friend. I haven't really had the time or patience to actually sit and read anything recently, but I intend on finding something good to read.

A little bit about me: I am a Utah Mormon who has recently accepted his sexuality. I have a good group of friends that have been very supportive. My parents are not as supportive, but I'm 18 in a few days. Some of my hobbies are photography(film), beekeeping, and reading. I have dabbled with writing in the past, but I haven't gotten very far. I've recently had an idea for a novel, and I'm tentatively planning on writing it. I'm starting college in the fall and I'm planning on majoring in computer science with a minor in Mandarin Chinese. That's about it.  

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator

Hello gay authors community. I was referred here by a friend. I haven't really had the time or patience to actually sit and read anything recently, but I intend on finding something good to read.

A little bit about me: I am a Utah Mormon who has recently accepted his sexuality. I have a good group of friends that have been very supportive. My parents are not as supportive, but I'm 18 in a few days. Some of my hobbies are photography(film), beekeeping, and reading. I have dabbled with writing in the past, but I haven't gotten very far. I've recently had an idea for a novel, and I'm tentatively planning on writing it. I'm starting college in the fall and I'm planning on majoring in computer science with a minor in Mandarin Chinese. That's about it.  

Welcome to GA Dave and thequietone.

There is a lot to see and do on this site, plus a lot of really good people to interact with too.

:)

Welcome quiet one,

I'm glad you are out. At least you know where you stand. Parents will come around eventually. The church is changing. You are welcome here. And I am sure you have a home here. Write! And let us read! I write young love stories that give our young gaylings hope. There are a lot of writers that write just about every genre you can think of. Be Welcome! I hope you become a less quiet one. We want you to be free to be ok in your own skin here. There are a lot of youngsters here in fact scroll back a page or so and you'll find another one your age that just joined too. Just be happy. You "deserve" to be happy.

Hugz from an old guy.

Trust me, Quiet, you'll find plenty of good stuff to read here--in whatever genres you enjoy!  And, when (not if) you decide to write, you'll find resources and people here to make the process easier; plus the solid support to make the emotional pleasure you find in your writing substantive.

Welcome;  explore the site; get to know the folks here...you're gonna love it!

Hi, my name (more like nickname) is Sammie. Nice to meet you all. I first browsed the site last week and I've already read a lot of great stories! I have to admit I usually imagine the main characters are my crush and I. I like a lot of authors: dianjin, Atruefan, Comicality, Rip Skor and AleMaho are among them, but I'm definitely forgetting a ton more. Anyway, I hope we get along well!

Also, speaking of global diversity, I live in Latin America. :)

• Like 3

Hi, my name (more like nickname) is Sammie. Nice to meet you all. I first browsed the site last week and I've already read a lot of great stories! I have to admit I usually imagine the main characters are my crush and I. I like a lot of authors: dianjin, Atruefan, Comicality, Rip Skor and AleMaho are among them, but I'm definitely forgetting a ton more. Anyway, I hope we get along well!

Welcome to GA Sammie!!! :D Hope you continue to read from our fantastic authors and by all means explore what this site has to offer: the Forums and Chat for instance :)

• Like 1

Then Welcome to our new latin lover! Be welcome!

• Like 1

Sammie, great that you're here!  You've already seen the high quality of writing here, and now as a member, you'll be able to get to know the great folks here both in the regular chat room, and the younger (teen) chat.  Just understand you're gonna be wishing for more hours in each day, just to be able to read the good stuff here!  <grin>

Welcome!

• Like 1

Hi. My name is Graham and I live in Melbourne Australia.  I've published several books through Smashwords but now I look forward to input from the gay community. Most of my books will have an 'Aussie' flavor but being gay is universal.

• Like 2

Hi. My name is Graham and I live in Melbourne Australia.  I've published several books through Smashwords but now I look forward to input from the gay community. Most of my books will have an 'Aussie' flavor but being gay is universal.

Welcome, Graham. We're happy to have you. :)

Hi Graham, Welcome! We have another fantastic Aussie author here too. And oddly enough, his name is Graeme! He is a favorite author of mine and I'm lucky enough to beta read for him. (That final read through just before posting for corrections.) If you need a beta reader just PM me. I've made you a friend in your profile.

I'll look forward to reading your work and getting to know you here. Kick your shoes off, sit back and relax, you're home now.

Cheers.

• Site Administrator

Another Melbournite! We Aussies are slowly taking over the world...one website at a time :P

Welcome and I look forward to seeing your writing. As you may imagine, most of my stories have an 'Aussie' flavour, too. I'm currently posting a story set in the world of Aussie Rules football, which is something distinctly Australian.... :D

• Like 1

Hi all

Thanks for this great site - stumbled on it quite by accident when i couldnt get enough of comicality's stories -

Imagine my joy when i found on one website all the kinds of stories i enjoy

In my opinion a good story - like good music - should evoke strong emotions in me and the wonderfull authors

on this site has made me laugh, made me cry and importantly, made me think

I cant wait to discover more great stories and authors and eagerly await the updates on existing stories

Thanks again

AlanK

• Like 3

Hi all

Thanks for this great site - stumbled on it quite by accident when i couldnt get enough of comicality's stories -

In my opinion a good story - like good music - should evoke strong emotions in me and the wonderfull authors

I cant wait to discover more great stories and authors and eagerly await the updates on existing stories

Thanks again

AlanK

Welcome AlanK! So glad you found the site. Make yourself at home, a lot of great folks around here.

Cheers!

R

Hi all

Thanks again

AlanK

Welcome to GA, AlanK.

Hey everyone :)

Ive actually been lurking this site for quite some time, about a year (Leave to a 14 year old boy to find a websiteof gay smut, or so I thought it was), and just now got the guts to actually join the website, as I've had some ideas of my own for quite some time now.

I'm John, usually go by J but you can call me whichever you prefer, and I'm currently 15 years of age (bit young. i know, but whatever hahah)I'm in an amazing relationship with a guy named Dylan who's a little under a year younger than me, and it's been great for the year that we've been together. I've taken yearbook for 2 years, the latter year being a year I also took journalism, so I do have a bit of experience writing.

I realized when I read A New Life that this site was more than just a smut site, it was a story site with novels that have made me laugh, smile, (and even cry at times).

I look forward to experiencing the community and writing a few stories of my own :)

Cheers,

J.

• Like 2

Welcome, MasterJ. 

We're happy to have you, and I look forward to seeing your work. There are a lot a great writers here at GA, and you'll find many more stories to make you laugh, smile, and cry while you're here.

And we do hope you'll be around for awhile. :)

Peace,

Samuel

Ive actually been lurking this site for quite some time, about a year (Leave to a 14 year old boy to find a websiteof gay smut, or so I thought it was), and just now got the guts to actually join the website, as I've had some ideas of my own for quite some time now.

I'm John, usually go by J but you can call me whichever you prefer, and I'm currently 15 years of age (bit young. i know, but whatever hahah)I'm in an amazing relationship with a guy named Dylan who's a little under a year younger than me, and it's been great for the year that we've been together. I've taken yearbook for 2 years, the latter year being a year I also took journalism, so I do have a bit of experience writing.

I realized when I read A New Life that this site was more than just a smut site, it was a story site with novels that have made me laugh, smile, (and even cry at times).

I look forward to experiencing the community and writing a few stories of my own :)

Cheers,

J.

Welcome J!!! :D :D :D I am glad that you have found stories that had such a profound affect on you :) Now, as a member you can review the stories you read, post in the forums, and so much more besides.

Go ahead and explore GA beyond the stories, like visiting the Forums or Chat :) Also, GA has a Teen Spot forum that deal with a wide range of topics for teens :)

Again, welcome to GA! :D

• Like 1

Cheers,

J.

Be welcome!