The Drop in Centre

12 hours ago, kbois said:

I got to try out my slicer dicer thingy that I bought before vacation. I am completely enamored! Why did I not know about this glorious invention before? At the rate my son goes through the roasted veggies this thing is worth its weight in gold. It made quick work of beets, eggplant, carrots, and onions. I added raw almonds to the tray of Brussel sprouts and they came out really good. 

I also discovered the blades are very sharp. Both band-aid covered thumbs can attest to that. The set came with a peeler too. Again... sharp! 

My hemp hearts arrived today, just in time to add to my lunch of Greek yogurt and blueberries. They are a nice addition to my growing seed collection. 

I just realized I forgot to buy zucchini.. oh well!

Hope everyone has a good evening!

You need to buy cut resistant gloves.

https://www.amazon.com/mandolin-glove/s?k=mandolin+glove

End of.

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator
1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

End of.

The mandolin I put on my wish list comes with these gloves. That would be the manufacturer letting consumers know how sharp the blades are, I’d say. 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

End of.

My husband thanks you for feeding my Amazon addiction. 🤣

2 hours ago, Kitt said:

Using the guard helps too!

1 hour ago, Reader1810 said:

The mandolin I put on my wish list comes with these gloves. That would be the manufacturer letting consumers know how sharp the blades are, I’d say. 

The sad thing is.... I wasn't using the mandolin. It was the dicer and some carrot got stuck and I  idiotically thought it would be a good idea to poke it with my thumb. The other thumb got the tip shredded by the vegetable peeler. Beets are slippery buggers, especially when you're trying to hold them when your grip strength is half of what it used to be. (I'm pretty sure this peeler is capable of making quick work of jicama!)

Have a good day everyone! I hear Amazon calling me!

• Haha 2
  • Site Moderator
19 minutes ago, kbois said:

Have a good day everyone! I hear Amazon calling me!

You should see the length of my wish list, that will make you laugh. :P 

Mind you, I put stuff on there that pique’s my interest for something for later. I might not even buy it from Amazon if my local hardware or dollar store has it in stock.

The wish list is a good way to keep track of things I might like to have at some point. 

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

You should see the length of my wish list, that will make you laugh. :P 

Mind you, I put stuff on there that pique’s my interest for something for later. I might not even buy it from Amazon if my local hardware or dollar store has it in stock.

The wish list is a good way to keep track of things I might like to have at some point. 

I would be so dangerous with a wish list. 

We spent too many years when our kids were little making choices between gas for the car or diapers for the baby. Now that we’re in a place where bills are getting paid (on time too!), money is getting put into savings, I still feel a little guilty whenever I buy something that’s not a necessity. I'm pretty good with hunting out bargains. My mantra that I drilled into both my kids was "Is it on sale and is there a coupon?" My older son is pretty frugal, it’s the impulsive almost 19 yr old that has to learn things the hard way. 

But the gloves will prevent an expensive trip to the ER.🤔 (rationalization sure does come in handy!)

• Like 2
23 hours ago, JayT said:

:) I figured there were some people around here who missed me so I decided to grace y'all with my presence 

Hey, stranger. Good to see you.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
39 minutes ago, kbois said:

🤔rationalization sure does come in handy!

I can rationalize and justify anything all day long

• Like 2
2 hours ago, kbois said:

My husband thanks you for feeding my Amazon addiction. 🤣

Much better to drop a few dollars on Amazon than to wind up hurt,  in the ER, and dropping some serious money on doctor and hospital bills.  

Edited by spyke
  • Like 3
14 minutes ago, spyke said:

Much better to drop a few dollars on Amazon than to wind up hurt,  in the ER and dropping some serious money on doctor and hospital bills.  

My thinking exactly!

• Like 2
1 hour ago, kbois said:

But the gloves will prevent an expensive trip to the ER.🤔 (rationalization sure does come in handy!)

@kbois if you have not bought one get  one that has a food holder that is much safer. That is the one we have and so far  no accidents.

• Like 1

Ok, who declared today rescue the turtle day? Not one, but two huge snappers in the middle of two different roads. The smaller one maybe 10 lbs, the larger had to be 2 ft long nose to tail and 20 lbs. Barely able to pick it up on the shovel.

• Like 1
  • Wow 4
3 hours ago, mollyhousemouse said:

good morning

e88bd9a44239cdc27bb377c783789d09.jpg

I wish I had seen this this morning! 

I've had nothing but weird, difficult and exhausting today.

So....badass britches are now on...🦹‍♀️🤣

Thanks for sharing molly!

• Like 3

thank you know what that is over ... i am tired... nothing simple today ... IP mac and cheese with cauliflower.. with asparagus and a few meatballs.. that's dinner... most i can do in the IP .. since its 100f here today.. lovely

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator
22 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

thank you know what that is over ... i am tired... nothing simple today ... IP mac and cheese with cauliflower.. with asparagus and a few meatballs.. that's dinner... most i can do in the IP .. since its 100f here today.. lovely

I hear you, tim.

Your dinner sounds better than mine, though. At this point I’m thinking of having breakfast for dinner because it’s cold - granola cereal with hemp hearts. 

Edit: Maybe it’s time to get an InstaPot...

Edit Edit: Took a peek at Amazon to look them up. Good grief there are are lot of choices in IP land. Oh boy, how does one pick the right one? :unsure: 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 2
4 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

I hear you, tim.

Your dinner sounds better than mine, though. At this point I’m thinking of having breakfast for dinner because it’s cold - granola cereal with hemp hearts. 

We had a few russett potatoes which i put in the IP to cook a couple of days ago. I did 5 medium ones. It took 14 minutes. They were buttery and tasted amazing. If you rather have a crispier skin, you can remove them at about 12 minutes and stick them in the oven at 400f.   But we had a chicken Cesar and a 'baked' potato for dinner.  The left over taters can be sliced and fried or warmed up again.

As the potatoes needed natural release (just being left in the IP for 15 min or so) there was no steam to release.  So no heat in the kitchen.

Michael looked at me when he tasted one and said, OMG these taste amazing. 

• Love 4
29 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

sorry it was so rough, mac & cheese sounds good though

100F??!! it's to early in the season for that

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

We had a few russett potatoes which i put in the IP to cook a couple of days ago. I did 5 medium ones. It took 14 minutes. They were buttery and tasted amazing. If you rather have a crispier skin, you can remove them at about 12 minutes and stick them in the oven at 400f.   But we had a chicken Cesar and a 'baked' potato for dinner.  The left over taters can be sliced and fried or warmed up again.

As the potatoes needed natural release (just being left in the IP for 15 min or so) there was no steam to release.  So no heat in the kitchen.

Michael looked at me when he tasted one and said, OMG these taste amazing. 

we love potatoes in the IP. a little butter, pepper & parmesan cheese... mmm tasty we've been steaming a lot of fresh vegetables lately. i got this steamer basket

• Like 2

Food again, eh?   Well, tonight, my husband, took some left over cauliflower, heated it with some cream, mashed it and then stirred in macaroni, then added cheese to make a very nice mac and cheese.  

• Like 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Reader1810 said:

I hear you, tim.

Edit Edit: Took a peek at Amazon to look them up. Good grief there are are lot of choices in IP land. Oh boy, how does one pick the right one? :unsure: 

Whichever brand you choose...get the larger size. I thought I'd be fine with the smaller size because there's only 3 of us. Ummm...nope. Wish I went with the biggest one.

BTW...I finished unpacking all the accessories that came with my slicer dicer thingy and guess what I found tucked in with the slicer attachments? Mr. Glove. 🤦‍♀️

@Mikiesboy, today was definitely a bit rough around the edges. I spent my afternoon hunting for a title that probably doesn't exist because the previous manager didn't do what she was supposed to.....ugh.. your dinner sounds yummy.. I settled for some leftover chicken.

@MichaelS36 I think you need to share the mac and cheese.. 

@mollyhousemouse steamer basket? Tempting..... but if I try to find room in my cupboards for another kitchen gadget I think my husband will roll his eyes so far back in head they'll get stuck😁

Enjoy the rest of your evening everyone!

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Haha 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..