The Drop in Centre

Got the tee shirt.

Called the bank to dispute a forged check this am. Was told someone would call me back in 48 hours. 

Hubby and I will be at the branch right after work. If customer service isn't a whole lot better and more  polite we will leave enough money in that account to keep it active till I get my money back, and will close the other account.  Wonder how they will react when I withdraw just shy on $75,000.

Edited by Kitt
  • Wow 4
  • Fingers Crossed 1
2 hours ago, Kitt said:

Got the tee shirt.

Called the bank to dispute a forged check this am. Was told someone would call me back in 48 hours. 

Hubby and I will be at the branch right after work. If customer service isn't a whole lot better and more  polite we will leave enough money in that account to keep it active till I get my money back, and will close the other account.  Wonder how they will react when I withdraw just shy on $75,000.

Give 'em hell Kitt.

That's ridiculous. 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, kbois said:

Give 'em hell Kitt.

That's ridiculous. 

They turned very pale when I said close the account! The limbo game ( bending over backward) began promptly after.

• Like 4

Had an account with BB&T bank with 6 figures in it and closed it back maybe 10 years ago, moved it to SunTrust. Now it turns out BB&T and SunTrust are merged. So I guess I'll leave it there for now since I've had no issues with the account at SunTrust. The problems I had with BB&T were all wire transfers that weren't done in a timely manner, to or from the account.

1 hour ago, Kitt said:

They turned very pale when I said close the account! The limbo game ( bending over backward) began promptly after.

• Like 3
43 minutes ago, Solus Magus said:

Hi there. Not sure what I did but I lost my notification for this forum and I got lost in the site or something :(

EDIT: Nevermind. I found it. :facepalm:

Don't feel bad cause I just got locked out of my account trying to log in to change my password. It finally let me though. Thank goodness!

• Like 5

Well, I was trying to log in to my account in another part of my pc and 3 tries got me locked out so it said if it was not me to change my password. It was me but since it would not let me log in with the original password then I changed it anyway. I am back in the groove here! YIPPEE!

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Story Reader said:

Well, I was trying to log in to my account in another part of my pc and 3 tries got me locked out so it said if it was not me to change my password. It was me but since it would not let me log in with the original password then I changed it anyway. I am back in the groove here! YIPPEE!

I hate when that happens because I go to change it then it has the nerve to tell me I can't use the same password as the one before...like WTF. 🤣😂🤣😂

• Like 3

I had a really good workout last night. My trainer pushed me past my comfort zone and I surprised myself by what I was able to do. 

This morning when I woke up my legs talked to me. I kid you not. They said, "Listen up. We'll cut a deal with you. We will get you from point A to point B and that's it. Anything else, you're on your own. Push us and we will drop you like a hot potato straight to the ground. Got it?" 🤣

Happy Hump Day everyone!

• Haha 4
1 hour ago, kbois said:

I had a really good workout last night. My trainer pushed me past my comfort zone and I surprised myself by what I was able to do. 

This morning when I woke up my legs talked to me. I kid you not. They said, "Listen up. We'll cut a deal with you. We will get you from point A to point B and that's it. Anything else, you're on your own. Push us and we will drop you like a hot potato straight to the ground. Got it?" 🤣

Happy Hump Day everyone!

Since I tore that hamstring, there are days mine say similar things after a day of Point A to Point B. Granted those points are far apart on horse show days but still...

Edited by Kitt
  • Like 4
  • Site Moderator
1 hour ago, kbois said:

Happy Hump Day everyone!

My legs never talked to me that I recall, but I can distinctly remember the time they would only go up the stairs sideways. I’m guessing they were showing their displeasure about being worked too hard…

• Like 4
1 minute ago, mollyhousemouse said:

good morning Sirs & friends

@kbois so proud of you! you should be proud of yourself too.

@Kitt i hope your struggles ease. it seems to have been a rough few days 

hope it's a good day where you are. 

Tis rather soggy here. Some broad named Ida decided to drop in for a visit.

• Wow 5
3 hours ago, kbois said:

Happy Hump Day everyone!

LOL.  Been there done that! You know you've really messed up when you're walking down a flight of steps and it hurts like hell.  You're doing really amazing, and you should be proud. Crack out the ibuprofen and the icy hot. You'll be O.K. 

Edited by spyke
  • Like 4
12 minutes ago, spyke said:

LOL.  Been there done that! You know you've really messed up when you're walking down a flight of steps and it hurts like hell.  You're doing really amazing, and you should be proud. Crack out the ibuprofen and the icy hot. You'll be O.K. 

Diclofenac sodium,  aka Surpass and Voltaren are good too

• Like 5
On 8/31/2021 at 1:28 PM, Kitt said:

Got the tee shirt.

Story told by my mother: when my brother was young and just starting out an account at a bank - to learn how to handle money and the other fund stuff with growing up -- there was an issue.  The bank teller rather rudely told mom that the account wasn't "enough to bother with / be worth her time" [or something like that].

The man in line behind her heard that comment, and preceded to inform the teller that he could guarantee that HIS accounts were worth their time -- but if that was the way they treated other customers he would be closing them out and transferring all of his funds to another bank.  Apparently, he wasn't lying as the teller lost all her color.

Be nice to your customers -- you never know who is overhearing your interactions.

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, Fae Briona said:

Voltaren doesn't do much for my joint pain, but it does WONDERS for the neuropathy in my left foot.

8 hours ago, Kitt said:

Diclofenac sodium,  aka Surpass and Voltaren are good too

I have that and I've found most topical stuff doesn't do too much. 

I'm way overdue for a physical. Yes, it’s on my agenda. Hopefully some steroid shots will get me thru the next few months. I've built up a pretty good tolerance to ibuprofen and I'm not a big fan of Tylenol. Alive is okay, but I end up building a tolerance to that too. 

My legs are behaving. Now my upper back is grumbling..🙄😆

• Like 2
13 hours ago, Fae Briona said:

Voltaren doesn't do much for my joint pain, but it does WONDERS for the neuropathy in my left foot.

My sister has some nerve issues in her foot and the doctor told her to use Voltaren. She says that it works. At least there's a generic version at Walgreens that costs about 30% less.

• Like 5

Ok, someone tell me what has happened to common sense?

What was left of Ida passed thru my area starting about mid day yesterday and through the overnight hours.

One of the big fuss reports on a local feed this am is a lady that wants the night school her sister attends to pay for damage to her car.  She was also pissed that 911 systems were overwhelmed and civilians had to help her sister. Please note, power was out, cell systems were affected, and there are just so many cops, fire personnel and EMS to go around.

One comment was that this storm was an act of nature and unexpected.

????  Does she live in the same universe as I do? News has been talking about this storm for days. Flood watches and warnings were posted befor the first raindrop fell. 

Why were classes not cancelled? Or shifted to online?

Why did this gal not stay home and presumably safe?

The 911 system did not ignore the gals plight. They were stretched to the limit last night.

Guess they are right.

Common sense is not common!

• Wow 5
37 minutes ago, Kitt said:

Ok, someone tell me what has happened to common sense?

What was left of Ida passed thru my area starting about mid day yesterday and through the overnight hours.

One of the big fuss reports on a local feed this am is a lady that wants the night school her sister attends to pay for damage to her car.  She was also pissed that 911 systems were overwhelmed and civilians had to help her sister. Please note, power was out, cell systems were affected, and there are just so many cops, fire personnel and EMS to go around.

One comment was that this storm was an act of nature and unexpected.

????  Does she live in the same universe as I do? News has been talking about this storm for days. Flood watches and warnings were posted befor the first raindrop fell. 

Why were classes not cancelled? Or shifted to online?

Why did this gal not stay home and presumably safe?

The 911 system did not ignore the gals plight. They were stretched to the limit last night.

Guess they are right.

Common sense is not common!

Common sense has gone the way of the 8 track, rumble seats, landlines and manual typewriters. There will never be a cure for stupidity.

This has been circulating for many years but it explains a lot:

http://wiseenergy.org/Energy/Wind_Other/CommonSense.html

• Like 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..