The Drop in Centre

24 minutes ago, Defiance19 said:

Hello, from my frigid corner of the earth. Hope you’re all staying  well! 

Is it colder at your end of the island?  20's at my end. I seem to remember it being colder when I eas a kid. Cold enough long enough to freeze ponds for ice skating.

• Like 4
18 minutes ago, Kitt said:

Is it colder at your end of the island?  20's at my end. I seem to remember it being colder when I eas a kid. Cold enough long enough to freeze ponds for ice skating.

It’s 26f feels in the 20’s. Tomorrow though with 19f (-9c) as a high😫

You are right, Kitt. We have been spoilt with warmer temps and short blast of cold weather, over the past few years. Still don’t know I would trust the ponds. 

• Like 4
7 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Just came in from my walk. It’s 16F (-9C).

Cold and frigid, it is. 

1 minute ago, Defiance19 said:

It’s 26f feels in the 20’s. Tomorrow though with 19f (-9c) as a high😫

You are right, Kitt. We have been spoilt with warmer temps and short blast of cold weather, over the past few years. Still don’t know I would trust the ponds. 

Nope. Non. Nyet. Nee. Nein. Nie. Nao. Nu. And just plain NO!

Y'all can keep those ridiculous temperatures. Our cold front is going to leave us with daytime highs in the mid to upper 60s by Thursday. That's my kind of winter wonderland!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
26 minutes ago, kbois said:

Nope. Non. Nyet. Nee. Nein. Nie. Nao. Nu. And just plain NO!

Y'all can keep those ridiculous temperatures. Our cold front is going to leave us with daytime highs in the mid to upper 60s by Thursday. That's my kind of winter wonderland!

Upper 60's is the shirt weather!

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Defiance19 said:

Hello, from my frigid corner of the earth. Hope you’re all staying  well! 

hello Def!

y'all can keep the cold i'll take the incredible heat & humidity & pollen in Jan...wait just a minute, i may have to rethink this... lol!

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

hi there! how are you doing?

Doing good. Got a little cough hanging on, but it's almost gone now.

I actually worked out today for the first time in over a week. I took it slow (well, slowER) and didn't go nuts like I'd normally have done.

I lost six pounds in a week from a lack of appetite. That comes and goes, but I'm making myself eat at least twice a day.

FYI - COVID is not a recommended diet plan!

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Wayne Gray said:

Yassssss ... flannel, coffee, hats, raincoats.

In July.

No wonder it always rains in your stories! Lol. 

Glad you're feeling better Wayne!

• Haha 5
14 hours ago, kbois said:

Yep. Dog walking in flip flops...only way to go!

Your dog walks in flip flops? Make a video, go viral!

Weather here is cold. My car said 19 this morning with 15-20 mph winds. The long range weather said warm December, cold January and so far that's been true. Got to make it to February and then it's supposed to warm back up. Had 11" of snow so far this winter, the most in years.

Still not enough to make me move south. I keep waiting on climate change to bring the south to me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
On 1/7/2022 at 9:51 AM, MichaelS36 said:

My diabetes meds are $300+ every 3 months, we pay $30 out of pocket. They also pay for testing strips etc.    

I'm REALLY thankful to have insurance thats pays it all, the meds they have me on for my diabetes altogether cost around $1,000. It's ridiculous what people have to pay to stay healthy.

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, 1brokNangel said:

I'm REALLY thankful to have insurance thats pays it all, the meds they have me on for my diabetes altogether cost around $1,000. It's ridiculous what people have to pay to stay healthy.

My 88 year old aunt pays about 40% of her SS income on diabetes and one heart medications. The same drugs would be about 90% cheaper in the Netherlands (not sure of other countries, my family (son, grandkids, great grandkids) all live in Amsterdam and my son's mother uses insulin,etc. 

By the time you count the Medicare payment and supplemental insurance my aunt's SS check is 75% gone.

It's all ridiculous. If they can't pass the entire Biden program they should just break off the prescription drug part of the bill and pass that. Here in the DC area we see the competing ads all the time during the news. AARP is pro bill and of course the phama companies are all doing counter ads about "Woe is us, we can't do research unless we gouge you" although they don't use the word gouge of course.

My insurance is great so I'm unaffected. Even my Descovy (cash price $2300/month) costs $6 and that's the maximum I have to pay for any drug.

• Like 5
29 minutes ago, kbois said:

Time for a quick bite

• Haha 3
2 hours ago, kbois said:

If I'm not mistaken I once played on a course in Florida and the ponds had signs that said something like:

If the ball went in, the gator has it. The ball isn't worth your foot, leg, arm or life.

I never saw a gator but then I never hit one in or near the water.

We don't have rattlesnakes in the MD suburbs of DC but once a friend of mine hit one in the woods and when he went to get it came running out yelling "rattlesnake". I knew we had none in the area so I took trusty ball scooper from my bag and went to confront the snake. The ball was actually within the coiled up snake who was indeed a rattlesnake.

Went back to golf bag and emptied out the main zippered pocket. Corralled snake and put him in bag, took him to the National Zoo where I knew people in the reptile house. Turns out the snake had been in a cage at the local community college right behind the golf course but got loose. That snake lived the rest of his days being well fed and cared for at the zoo.

My only "dangerous" encounter wasn't dangerous for me but was for a poor duck. There were a lot of them walking across the golf course not that far away from me and I mishit the ball. Instead of a nice arcing shot I hit what we called a "grass cutter" because it was barely off the ground. Hit poor duck and feathers exploded all around it. Duck was no longer with us. Unfortunately no gator to feed it to so took it to office and dropped it off.

• Wow 3
  • Sad 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..