The Drop in Centre

10 hours ago, kbois said:

My son called me a little bit ago. He took his girlfriend out for a ride to see the snow. They stopped at a scenic overlook, overlooking the prairie and he proposed. 

❤❤❤

I'm so happy for them. For me too... I'm finally getting a daughter (in-law)!! 

Congrats !!!!

• Like 3
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, Kitt said:

. Rib roasts $5.77/lb

Really? Here they run $11.99 on sale!

I was planning a trip this afternoon to see what was on clearance after the holiday weekend. Large roasts usually hit year lows this week, but with the forcast I might snag a good roast but what I need will be wiped out. 

18 hours ago, Kitt said:

Oh my poor knees! We are 60* and raining right now and they are claiming 5" of snow tomorrow morning!

Over the various holidays different meats go on sale. Easter, Christmas and Thanksgiving it's the standing rib roasts. Always the same general price range, from $5.77 - $5.99/lb. So we get the butcher at Safeway to cut us one that's 6 lbs and then when I get it home I cut it in half, wrap it in cling wrap and then into the freezer. Usually I get 3 of the roasts during this period, that covers us until Easter when they go on sale again. Ham is always cheaper near Christmas but neither of us like ham. We love uncured pork loins though and they go on sale at various times for the $1.99 and we follow the same procedure.

Yes, in the DC area it was 60+ yesterday and even at 11pm it was still 48. This morning at 8am we had about an inch on the porch railings. Could get up to about 8" before it's done. Luckily we have some teens next door who will clean off everything. For a price of course but better them than me!

• Like 4
13 minutes ago, Ryan Jones said:

Yes, in the DC area it was 60+ yesterday and even at 11pm it was still 48. This morning at 8am we had about an inch on the porch railings. Could get up to about 8" before it's done. Luckily we have some teens next door who will clean off everything. For a price of course but better them than me!

We're supposed to have snow Thursday the highs will be around 23° and the lows will be 7°, I can't wait I love snow.

• Like 4

It's currently 66 degrees (and dropping throughout the day)

I've already seen a few people bundled up like they're going on an arctic expedition! 🤣🤣

Flip flops are still gracing my feet, although a.m. temps tomorrow will be upper 40s. Guess it's gonna be socks and ankle boots for me!

Y'all can keep your snow, but thanks for the cooler temperatures!

• Like 2

This is ridiculous! I know the weather geeks are notorious for being wrong, but don't they look out the window?  They keep reporting snow well north of us, showing radar indicating snow in my area, even the phone app says it's snowing, but look out the window, there is not so much as a flake!

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Kitt said:

Been quiet today. Is everyone ok?

busy Monday & Tuesday with adult kids (one bought a car)

today it was back to the office to onboard a new staff member, plus meetings. including one to talk about future meetings with the client we just had a meeting with

my brain hurts...

hope everyone is doing well

• Like 3
  • Wow 1
9 minutes ago, MichaelS36 said:

tim is back at work. Nothing seems to have changed at the  bank.  he yells at him computer very often. LOL.

I believe he's still working on Sold from Freedom or Kidnapped or whatever its called. 

I'm just letting tim know he will not be free to come with me for groceries.  Not with this new variant.  I won't put him in harm's way. 

Otherwise I'm not up to much. 

Yeah, this new variant has stopped me going for groceries. Back to Home Delivery.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, MichaelS36 said:

tim is back at work. Nothing seems to have changed at the  bank.  he yells at him computer very often. LOL.

I believe he's still working on Sold from Freedom or Kidnapped or whatever its called. 

I'm just letting tim know he will not be free to come with me for groceries.  Not with this new variant.  I won't put him in harm's way. 

Otherwise I'm not up to much. 

Back to work at the dining room table or at the bank?

• Like 2
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

i can't complain about how on top they have been since day 1.  they have given us money to buy stuff for home office or exercise, we have $3,000 to spend on mental health on top of what we have in our benefits, they've sent us packages (thats 2000 courier deliveries to home workers with each delivery)  filled with snacks, a wellness box with a yoga mat, a box with coffees and other things like tea and hot chocolate, and a planter with lavender seeds. 

The listen and work with us if there are issues at home. They gave us extra days off paid as well.

i can't complain about how we've been treated through all of this.

Well, that's the biggest indicator you don't work in the US. :(

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Fae Briona said:

Well, that's the biggest indicator you don't work in the US. :(

Yeah, i know from talking to people how different it is.  i can't be made to work more than my shift or on Holidays. They can ask me to and if i agree they have to pay me 1.5x my hourly rate.  On Stat holidays it's 2.5x and on say Christmas Day or New Years Day it's 3x.  I don't know if that is the same for all workers in Canada (i doubt it is)  but the Banks are under the Federal Government so there are a lot of regulations we have to meet.

• Like 5

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..